Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

Skaarj spawn then chase/run

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Skaarj spawn then chase/run

Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016, 17:08

How do you set spawning Skaarj to immediately enter running/chasing mode even if the player is not immediately visible?

In fact, I have been wondering about this (and I can't check UED right now for answers) after reading about the ambush scenario in Mothership Core in the U1 Trivia Thread: how do you make Skaarj actively chase/run in search for the player when they spawn and haven't even seen the player yet? and I don't think alarm tags are the answer but I could be wrong: wouldn't alarm tags just make the creature run to a point no matter what, even if the player shows up and starts shooting at it? Release of Heaven, in Zora's Episode 2, does this Skaarj-spawning-and-chasing scenario really well as I remember it (and that's also why I wanted to check out the review again).
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

gopostal
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: Skaarj spawn then chase/run

Post Posted: 02 May 2016, 00:09

Might have to script some custom triggers to hit them. When you get ready for this let me know and I'll make them for you. Just send me the relevant map and where you want them. I'll script/test them and send you them to place yourself. I'd avoid messing with the skaarj directly, it's easy to mess them up since they have the most complex monster code.

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: Skaarj spawn then chase/run

Post Posted: 02 May 2016, 01:02

gopostal wrote:Might have to script some custom triggers to hit them. When you get ready for this let me know and I'll make them for you. Just send me the relevant map and where you want them. I'll script/test them and send you them to place yourself. I'd avoid messing with the skaarj directly, it's easy to mess them up since they have the most complex monster code.

Oh yeah, dude! Thanks a lot for the offer man! :D sure I'll send you the map with the relevant info and stuff for testing - when I'm ready of course, still have to wait a bit before I can do Unreal-related stuff at my new place ;)

Cheers :)
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.