ividyon will never get this done, will he.

Interaction limitations with script spawned actors?

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar zYnthetic
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Interaction limitations with script spawned actors?

Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016, 23:25

I'm writing (badly) a mut that spawns several actors that will then interact with each other several ways. Functions are in a parent class and the actors that are being spawned are children with unique defaults. I've tested functionality by placing them in a map and everything worked fine. Spawning them with script though they seem to lose all interaction with each other.

Testing this further I just tried spawning a unique trigger set to toggle an effect. GET commands verify the actors exist in the world and event/tag matches. Activating the trigger produces its message but that event never seems to be making it to the effect as bEnabled never changes.

My thoughts on this is that during load the game creates an index of actors in the map. If this is the case, might there be some way to refresh the index after my actors are spawned? I considered replication being the issue but since the actors I'm spawning worked as intended if they were instead placed I doubt this very much.

User avatar Raven

Subject: Re: Interaction limitations with script spawned actors?

Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016, 23:51

There is array of actors that is dynamically populated as actors come and go. Is it network play? Other then that AFAIK You can't interact with actor list inside of ULevel without some C++. if bEnabled is false then maybe set it to true through script?
Madness, as you know, is like gravity…all it takes is a little push!
http://turniej.unreal.pl/portfolio

User avatar zYnthetic

Subject: Re: Interaction limitations with script spawned actors?

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016, 01:40

Thanks Raven. Rather than keep fighting with it I've gone about doing things differently and back to making progress.