Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

How are 1st person weapons done?

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar zYnthetic
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: How are 1st person weapons done?

Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016, 22:35

Ok, the number of pulses is configurable now. Even though I'm using Canvas.DrawActor to draw it on top of things, Canvas.DrawColor doesn't do anything. Having it emit light makes it emit light but not on itself, so it doesn't change colors with that either. It would take another actor and given how CoopSuite is filling up as is, the cost-benefit of increasing its size just to have the ability to change color isn't high enough for me.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 06 Sep 2016, 04:50

If you really wanted to add that ability, you could include a few skins and let people choose the skin via a configurable index var that points to MultiSkins[n], but yeah, probably not worth that much effort!

nikosv
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016, 06:43

zYnthetic wrote:Turns out DrawActor is pretty cool. I "accidentally" used it on a spawned actor and it's always visible since it's drawn on top of everything else. After I get done with this HUD stuff it could turn out to be useful for making L4D style silhouettes on non-visible players.

This silhouette idea is so cool! Do it!
Current Project: None. WTFs2 had to go to sleep, RIP.

I still sometimes sculpt PS2-style terrain by hand with Blender 3. Some passions always linger.

Previous