Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

NaliLord map grid?

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: NaliLord map grid?

Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016, 17:19

Driving me insane because it's the first time I encounter something like this in the editor.
Decided today to play around NaliLord (aka Demonlord's lair) but the geometry grid is smaller. Like a 64x64 sheet covers a 9x9 square on map (instead of 8x8), fucking up vertex editing and other stuff. How to make the grid looks like normal?
ImageImage

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Re: NaliLord map grid?

Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016, 18:01

Right click on your builder brush, click "Reset"->"Reset All" (or just "Reset Scaling").
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016, 19:20

It worked!
Now another thing: why the water sheet texture goes back to being #invisible even if I check it off before every geometry rebuild

I really don't understand this

I could replace it but I still haven't figured out how the hell WATER ZONES work (no documentation/tutorial whatsoever)
ImageImage

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016, 21:35

UBerserker wrote:It worked!
Now another thing: why the water sheet texture goes back to being #invisible even if I check it off before every geometry rebuild

I could replace it but I still haven't figured out how the hell WATER ZONES work (no documentation/tutorial whatsoever)

Forgive me if I'm just blabbering stuff you already know but thought this could help if I understand the question correctly

First of all: use a zone portal (create a sheet and then select "Add Special Brush" and select "Zone Portal") to make an "airtight" area which will seal your water zone.
Then add a ZoneInfo actor within the encompassed area that you wish to change the physics of (into a water zone in this case): in the properties of said actor, look for "ZoneInfo" -> "bWaterZone" and check this to fill the entire zone with liquid.

Hope this helps! it's the same thing to enable fog in an area.

That invisible water sheet may be a zone portal, so getting rid of it may fill the entire level with water physics as a result :P just replace the sheet/portal with another zone portal sheet if you wish to overcome that incomprehensible "invisibility" of the old sheet, and you'll be fine.
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016, 22:17

Sat42 wrote:

Forgive me if I'm just blabbering stuff you already know but thought this could help if I understand the question correctly

First of all: use a zone portal (create a sheet and then select "Add Special Brush" and select "Zone Portal") to make an "airtight" area which will seal your water zone.
Then add a ZoneInfo actor within the encompassed area that you wish to change the physics of (into a water zone in this case): in the properties of said actor, look for "ZoneInfo" -> "bWaterZone" and check this to fill the entire zone with liquid.

That invisible water sheet may be a zone portal, so getting rid of it may fill the entire level with water physics as a result :P just replace the sheet/portal with another zone portal sheet if you wish to overcome that incomprehensible "invisibility" of the old sheet, and you'll be fine.

Huzzah finally, thank you! :D
I have never used special brushes till now, lol.
ImageImage

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016, 02:12

UBerserker wrote:
Sat42 wrote:

Huzzah finally, thank you! :D
I have never used special brushes till now, lol.

You're welcome, man! :)
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.