Scout-kun is a lie... right?

SunlightCorona Help

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Tarydax
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: SunlightCorona Help

Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017, 03:49

I'm trying to get a sunlight corona to show up right in the middle of my skybox's sun. Instead, what I get is this:

The sunlight itself comes from the mountain instead of the sun in spite of how the sunlight corona is positioned in the editor. I've rebuilt the lighting, rebuilt all, deleted and added new sunlight coronas, and moved it around a bit, but nothing works.

It's been a long time since I worked with 227's sunlight system, so maybe I'm missing something obvious.

Krull0r
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject: Re: SunlightCorona Help

Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017, 08:39

Fist of all there must be a BSP hole. Because a sunlight corona can not shine through BSP that is not marked as FakeBackDrop.

Has your skyzoneinfo some rotations settings? Like rotationrate or desired rotation.

If it is possible I like to take a look on this. Maybe I can find the issue an explain what's going on.

yrex
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017, 15:49

Also, remember that you have to rotate the SunlightCorona actor (location doesn't matter) to change position of the corona.
e-mail: ampoyrex at wp dot pl

User avatar Tarydax
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017, 17:07

The problem was the rotation of the sunlight corona. I completely forgot about that!