Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

Squidy

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Squidy

Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018, 20:21

Squidy is a weapon which was first developed to enter a coding contest several years ago.
The challenge was simple: each contestant was to choose a distinct monster from the original Unreal, and develop a single weapon by using that monster as its model and skin, without importing any custom assets, only code itself was allowed.

The idea in the end was not only to have a contest (for fun), but to also have a new community weapon pack as a result.
Unfortunately however, the contest never ended and was abandoned and forgotten about, and some participants never finished their weapons.

This weapon was first developed and finished for that contest back in 2013, but it was now repackaged in order to contain its own mutators and configuration, so it can be freely tweaked and played with as any other standalone weapon mod.

Download: https://www.moddb.com/mods/squidy/downloads/squidy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NiNuNRHhfk

As for the gore mod mentioned in the video, for those who don't know, you can check it out here:
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk2QmeoLwH8
Download: https://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons ... a-gore-sse

Also, this marks the start of a series of some UT99 videos concerning some of the weapons and mods (and maybe even a couple of maps) that I have made over the years, before I get to start new content.
The video template that I created above has also the author stamped on it since I am not quite sure at the moment if I am going to also do videos from mods and maps from other authors in the future with the same format, but time will tell.

It will take a while before actual new content is started at all, which won't happen before I finish something else first (been making progress though), but in the meanwhile I can revisit some of the existing stuff and do 1080p60 HD videos of stuff I was unable to before, and I have been meaning to do some more descriptive videos of each mod/weapon for some years already, even because there were some times they were needed and I didn't have them.

Next in line (video) will likely be about a very old mod (pre-NW3 era) which I never officially released: X-Vehicles.

User avatar Preki
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject: Re: Squidy

Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018, 11:22

This reminds me of Bunny Bomber - a Flak Cannon that shoots Nali Rabbits. Explosive, homing Nali Rabbits. Bunny Bomber Arena mutator turns deathmatch into nonsensical madness full of gibs and volatile bunnies hopping around. When I was younger I used to spawn 16 bots in a match and have sick fun with this one.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018, 12:27

Fuck this is great, I love using creatures as guns.
ImageImage

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018, 04:08

Awesome stuff Feralidragon! Can this be used in a single player adventure? :)
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018, 02:09

Preki wrote:This reminds me of Bunny Bomber - a Flak Cannon that shoots Nali Rabbits. Explosive, homing Nali Rabbits. Bunny Bomber Arena mutator turns deathmatch into nonsensical madness full of gibs and volatile bunnies hopping around. When I was younger I used to spawn 16 bots in a match and have sick fun with this one.

Indeed, it was also one of the first mods I remember installing, ever, and it was really fun(ny). :D

Sat42 wrote:Awesome stuff Feralidragon! Can this be used in a single player adventure? :)

Yeah, I didn't test it, but I believe so. :)