This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

Skinners, texture artists

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

asgard12000
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject: Skinners, texture artists

Post Posted: 02 Jul 2008, 10:37

Hi Guys

Just wondering if there still any skinners and texture artists still left in the Unreal1/ut99 community, no offence but I mean good ones.

I see a lot of mappers and scripters but never hear of the above.

I need to release an Updated ver of Jurassic dinosaurs monster pack so theyre bug free but Im not entirely happy with the current skins, some ive previously edited myself.
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/napali/mods.html

Ive retired from modding but will make a final release. (not coded yet)
The mod is quite popular and is used in a couple of map packs from various authors, which is freely available for anyone who wants to add it to their maps.

The only thing is they MUST be a major improvement ..Otherwise I'll leave them as is... Of course FULL credit to anyone interested..

Let me know if interested..

Cheers

User avatar kea
SP2D Leader SP2D Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Jul 2008, 11:18

Most dinosaurs already have quite good skins IMHO. But some really needs better ones, especially those who are really huge.
I have to say that it's very fun to shoot those beasts, I recall those good times when me and Diamond were playing MH-Jurassic on LAN.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Jul 2008, 20:12

I know somebody who is quite good at it...he doesnt really play Unreal anymore though i dont think...i got his email though...ill try contacting him
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

Madman Widagun
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008, 16:57

Anyone got some pointers, advice or tutorials for skinning and creating new textures?