Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

UT99 SDK

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010, 21:27

"New Sprites finished (Sprites with indipendent Axis and Orientation, also dynamic Fading and Scaling) "

I don't know, but doesn't that stuff defeat the purpose of why "sprites" where invented in the first place?

( sprite since Atari " missle player graphics" days, and DOOM)
Just ban everyone

User avatar NaliSlayer
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010, 22:12

:o i love the cloud emiter,btw: why we use 3 different site's?,i mean most of us have a acc on Oldunreal/UT99.org and this site :lol:
and those weapon shaders make UT99 look like borderlands :tup: (played it once,found it boring though)

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010, 22:16

NaliSlayer wrote: borderlands :tup:

Freaking amazing and original game. I should play it again.
ImageImage

User avatar Shadow
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010, 13:34

redeye wrote:"New Sprites finished (Sprites with indipendent Axis and Orientation, also dynamic Fading and Scaling) "

I don't know, but doesn't that stuff defeat the purpose of why "sprites" where invented in the first place?

( sprite since Atari " missle player graphics" days, and DOOM)

you can clearly see the difference between standard all-axis and indipendent (z-axis in the video) axis sprites, that's it

NaliSlayer wrote::o i love the cloud emiter,btw: why we use 3 different site's?,i mean most of us have a acc on Oldunreal/UT99.org and this site :lol:
and those weapon shaders make UT99 look like borderlands :tup: (played it once,found it boring though)

simply spreading word, the average popularity ranking of the SDK @ ModDB out of ~11000 Projects is around Place 500 - 200, that's pretty good for an old Game, but not enough for me ha ha, I'm also touring through other forums, not specialized with Unreal Engine.

sickwit
Pupae Pupae

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010, 06:01

nice. really looking forward to this project.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010, 08:02

I really like the glowing shock rifle texture. How did you get that to work? I've tried to do something similar for a gun where the gun spawns an effect in PostBeginPlay with the gun's fatness+2 and set to be translucent and unlit, etc. Problem is, when you pick up the gun, the glow overlay effect stays on the ground until you select the gun, at which point it disappears (from the first person model) until you toss the gun back out.

What did you do to get those glows working?

User avatar Shadow

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010, 11:02

it is simplier than it looks, the magick forumala again is named: Canvas. if you remember how a weapon is drawn (via hud/playerpawn each tick in postrender()) the only thing you have to do is drawing the weapon either with another controlled mesh or simple material shaders.

your method was the first step to go, but doesn't make the weapon update and render itself's overlay

the glow and everything then simply relays in the texture quality and how the texture brightness is handled (these weapon shaders may pulse, flicker, fade in/out etc. depending on weapon specific code like firing being picked up etc.)

to further "increase" performance when not completely using c++ this system is a hybrid between actors and objects, the only real actor there is the weapon(standardmodel)

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010, 17:40

All right, sounds good. I'll keep working. Do these effects work on the third person skins for guns too or just the first person / pickup skin?

User avatar Shadow

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010, 18:14

Waffnuffly wrote:All right, sounds good. I'll keep working. Do these effects work on the third person skins for guns too or just the first person / pickup skin?

they did work on the post-demo state of the SDK, but I removed it, since only a very few people cared if the pickup shines, has material shaders etc.

User avatar Shadow

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010, 15:43

SDK January Update

• Trail Emitter finished
  • Proc Sprite Emitter finished
  • Proc Corona Emitter finished
  • New Proc (Single) Sprites finished
  • New Proc (Single) Coronas finished
  • New Lensflares finished
  • Improved Mod / Total Conversion Support (Mods can be installed anywhere on your PC, if UT is installed, Mod Directory doesn't have to be derivied from UT Root Directory)
  • Nearly all work on UScript based Emitters is finished
  • First build of the Post-Process System (Volume-, Script-, Trigger-, or Zone-controlled)

Media

Image Image Image Image

Videos

Image Image

The new lensflare video isn't yet approved at ModDB, sorry.

//edit (uploaded at youtube) :

User avatar Akyra
Pupae Pupae

Subject: Unreal 1 is FREE

Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010, 13:53

[post deleted by admin for promoting warez]

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010, 02:20

What kind of progress have you made lately. Everything shown and listed seems pretty advanced, so great job. Question; how easy/difficult is it to use some of the features that reflect the newer technology e.g., bloom, high dynamic range lighting, shaders, ect. Also, will there be bump map and normal material support or not? In the list of enhancements, I got the impression that the mentioned materials were different from textures, and immediately thought of the material shaders like in UE3, but wasn't quite sure since It doesn't seem to exist in the screenshots. Looks like good work, though, so keep it up.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar Shadow

Subject: Re:

Post Posted: 30 Dec 2010, 17:09

December Release of the Unreal Tournament SDK

Highlights

• introducing the new Post Processing System
  • Texture Projectors
  • extended LevelInfo System
  • debugged and improved Base Render
  • improved Sprite Rendering

Download: http://www.moddb.com/mods/utcommunitysdk/downloads/december-2010-utsdk-beta-build-172

Jet v4.3.5 wrote:What kind of progress have you made lately. Everything shown and listed seems pretty advanced, so great job. Question; how easy/difficult is it to use some of the features that reflect the newer technology e.g., bloom, high dynamic range lighting, shaders, ect. Also, will there be bump map and normal material support or not? In the list of enhancements, I got the impression that the mentioned materials were different from textures, and immediately thought of the material shaders like in UE3, but wasn't quite sure since It doesn't seem to exist in the screenshots. Looks like good work, though, so keep it up.

Thanks.
Well I try to make the new features as easy as possible, since Build 161 (November Release) the SDK also features a well illustrated documentation.
Material Shaders are planned for future Releases, can't actually say if I'm going to try Bump / Normal Mapping. The January release focusses on the Particle Engine and Post Processing System.

User avatar zacman
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: UT99 SDK

Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010, 05:05

Do you have an alternate mirror? The DL is currently awaiting authorisation, I can't get at it :P
ImageImage

Code: Select all

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

Code: Select all

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

User avatar Shadow

Subject: Re: UT99 SDK

Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010, 09:27

Yeah, I load it up at my webspace. Last time ModDB authorized it by night from the 29th to the 30th... :rolleyes:

Mirror [Mediafire.com]: UnrealTournamentSDK-2010-12-BETA.zip

Previous Next