Scout-kun is a lie... right?

List of essential tools for Unreal/UT scripting/mapping

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Creavion
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010, 19:47

alph? Nosmo? :o
>:E
--------------------------------------------------
Waffnuffly wrote:Holy shit a HOUSE-SIZED BOX

diamond
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010, 20:08

Creavion wrote:alph? Nosmo? :o

Yep. They sound silly I know. In case you forget these tokens you can always look inside ActorX.dll and find them, as I do.
UBerserker wrote:Architecture doesn't need to detailed, it just needs to be right.

jammer64
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010, 20:39

thx alot dude! \o/

User avatar Creavion
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010, 00:11

diamond wrote:
Creavion wrote:alph? Nosmo? :o

Yep. They sound silly I know. In case you forget these tokens you can always look inside ActorX.dll and find them, as I do.

Was a bad idea to ask ...

Waffnuffly wrote:Holy shit a HOUSE-SIZED BOX

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 10 Jan 2010, 17:10

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010, 17:25

I didn't update this for a long while. But now it is once again :tup:

Thanks for the links, the list has been UPDATED! 8)

Keep giving links for usefull stuff if you find any that is not in that list :)

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Feb 2010, 16:32

hey.. what is that Venom X and stuff? (see your sig)

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010, 17:27

Darkon wrote:hey.. what is that Venom X and stuff? (see your sig)

Oh that?

Nali Weapons - UT Weapon Pack (normal weapons, "super weapons" and nuclear weapons, with lots of features and such). More info in the first link of my sign. Although the current released version is not final, I will change lots of stuff and enhance most effects and skins to better quality, and fix the few remaining bugs, although the final version will be only released with an SP mappack of mine, by then they should have higher quality and better gameplay. I released it here: http://www.unrealsp.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1067

Venom-X - It's just my custom jet for UT, based on UT Rocket-X (which is based in UT StrangeLove). I released it in 3 places only: at my clan (since it's mostly a mod for my clan), at a MH site (until version B) and at ut99.org (until version C). Currently there's a version D. Basically what differs it from other Rocket-X mods, is the full missiles support (you carry them visible like in todays jets, and they go off once you select them: 4 normal missiles, 4 backfire missiles, 2 seeking missiles, 2 cannons/miniguns and a random special (nuke, flash, defensive projectile for an incoming missile, etc)), it has its own menu to tweak it, etc.
I didn't release it here since I think there's no interest about such mod in a SP forum like this, since I am not seeing anyone placing it in a SP mappack or something lol :P

X Pickups - It's basically the new UT pickups pack/system released with the UTR Mappack (also announced here, but together with the mappack). Creavion and UBerseker know it very well lol (Creavion as requester and Uberseker as one of the few players that touched it already during its development) :D

X Vehicles - Actually I shouldn't placed here a sig with them (specially in this forum I'm afraid), I guess I was distracted when I updated it. But well, harm is done, and without spoiling much: it's a 30+ vehicle pack to be used in my SP campaign. No ports, everything new (models, skins, sounds, effects, etc), and it's currently in development with 4 tanks and 2 jeeps already finished. Although I released a few demos at "inner" level (Creavion was also about to release a special SP map(pack) of his featuring 1 tank and 1 jeep of the already finished stuff as a public demo), there isn't enough material to show to justify my SP announcement yet, and therefore I will give more details about this only when I announce the active development of the pack, which should be within some months if everything runs fine and fast enough. But to have a basic idea, just think of: first person active war, large story (not just a story to fullfill the pack, it's actually the opposite, the story is ready now the pack will follow it, starting in these vehicles).
So more details only when I announce them officially as Single Player WIP, for now I just don't want to spoil most details to not turn this project into "vaporware" of some sort. At least when I announce them, it's because they are completelly or almost finished, and that way instead of making people wait 2 years, they would wait only a some months before the actual demo and even the release.

And that should be it. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on topic: if you know more usefull links or tools, please post them here so I can update the first post (the list is getting bigger and bigger lol).

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010, 18:45

Feralidragon, your signature image is about 3x the size it should be. Please could you try to keep it to about 400x100?
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010, 22:10

Hellscrag wrote:Feralidragon, your signature image is about 3x the size it should be. Please could you try to keep it to about 400x100?

Ok, sorry. Sig updated (190x100). :)

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010, 22:59

Feralidragon wrote:
Hellscrag wrote:Feralidragon, your signature image is about 3x the size it should be. Please could you try to keep it to about 400x100?

Ok, sorry. Sig updated (190x100). :)

Thanks. :tup:

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010, 22:18

For the nFringe Visual Studio thing, I need some information for it so I can use it. First, when I start it up, a message in the windows tray says that it's an evaluation version, and that a license is needed to get it permanently, and we only want it for learning and non-commercial reasons. Second, everything seems to work except for the compiler, which supposedly uses either a UCC compiler, but it gives us an error. Another thing that might fix a load of problems is that we've set the program to use UT3 source code for reference, so any differences between UT3 and UT's code (which is what I want to code for) might cause conflicts (namely the expands vs. extends thing we ran into). I haven't used any of this before, so we're trying to figure out how to set it up to work correctly and smoothly so that I can learn UScript easily.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Re: List of essential tools for Unreal/UT scripting/mapping

Post Posted: 27 Jun 2010, 04:24

Are there any good alternatives to 3ds2unr? My model won't compile properly. I'm guessing it's outside of the 128x128 box. I tried scaling it in 3dsmax, but the model's position got all messed up. For some reason, U3D doesn't seem to be working, either.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject: Re: List of essential tools for Unreal/UT scripting/mapping

Post Posted: 27 Jun 2010, 13:37

You could try using ActorX. There's a tutorial on exporting vertex animated meshes with the tool here. You could, of course, also use skeletal animation if you're up to it.

And another tip: Try the "Remove Isolated Vertices" option in your meshes' Edit modifier. Pushing that button has miraculously made a rebellious mesh of mine work in 3ds2unr before. :D
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

Previous Next