Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

In the Air, by Legendslayer222

The archive for the 10th Anniversary Speedmapping Contest entries and discussion.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Re: In the Air, by Legendslayer222

Post Posted: 02 May 2011, 19:40

Not much progress recently. :/ Came to ask what is going on with this light:

What is that green bit on one side of the texture? Doesn't seem to be appearing in game, but still. :o

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 02 May 2011, 20:25

lots o fog rendering on multiple surfaces will look extremely screwed up usually in the editor under software rendering...game runs it fine though cause then you're using like OpenGL and whatnot...so I wouldn't worry about it. :wink:
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 02 May 2011, 23:03

Legendslayer222 wrote:Image

I like the shot tho! :lol: :tup:
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

Post Posted: 02 May 2011, 23:11

Darkon wrote:I like the shot tho! :lol: :tup:

Yes, this area is the centre of my map. I spent hours getting it to look like a single box with nasty pink glow. :P

FraGnBraG
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 09 May 2011, 04:58

Legendslayer222 wrote:Not much progress recently. :/ Came to ask what is going on with this light:

What is that green bit on one side of the texture? Doesn't seem to be appearing in game, but still. :o

just in case you don't know what this is - if this is occurring on the edge of a polygon you have a "surface planar issue" - think of this like a "small tear in the seam"... this is actually a bad sign - rebuild that brush or grouping and make sure you have vertices are properly "placed". If you have wanky surface slants or odd slanted rotations (like if you're biezering a lot with 2dse, or doing excessive dup and rotates) you can get these. Check for disappearing, flickering or strangely "thicker" lines in 2d views. Sometimes you can fix by actor-aligning. Same issue/problem often results in textures that just won't align, or go all slurry when you resize them on the bad surface... brushes with such surfaces should be rebuilt or re-intersected, etc. if you made t hem that way :)

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: In the Air (Working Title)

Post Posted: 12 May 2011, 09:49

jackrabbit wrote:I really like the 2nd shot alot LS222. Has a high quality stock Unreal feel to it. Nice touch with the plants.

I hadn't realised yet that this is LS222 material. Not criticising your previous work but I daresay the last year you've made great progress. Now I just have to confirm that after playing your contest map. :wink:

Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011, 21:35

News
But Bad News

Due to unexpected and as of yet unresolved things I have had less chance to map and my enthuseasm (enthusaism? enthusisam? Never mind) has been dampened. You can see where this is going: there is no way I can scrape together the rest of my map in the time left. Sorry. :cry:

This is really annoying for me too as I love mapping and this competition would make people notice my map when I released it (Unreal Grief Chapter 2 was barely touched or commented on after release :B ).

However In the Air is still there (a rhyme!) and may be completed some day.

User avatar Tarydax

Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011, 15:34

Aww man. I was looking forward to playing this. :(

But speaking of UGrief Chapter 2, that reminds me that I have yet to play it on LAN. :o

Previous