UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

G59 v7 in development (Subtitle undecided)

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

User avatar UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: G59 v7 in development (Subtitle undecided)

Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017, 00:32

PREVIEW INFORMATION

New G59 thread, developed for EXU2 version 7. As always, every EXU2 major update comes with massive code rewrites, breaking G59 as a result, which means I have to go back and modify the campaign levels in order for them to work again.
For a day I felt like abandoning everything because I was finding the idea of working on G59 again too stressful over the stress I already feel every day but during my BI v7 playtime I did realize that I would have turned to complete waste all the days and energy put to finish making G59 last year. That's unacceptable so there we go, back at the editor, raging at UE1 every damn time!

At first I was planning to do a simple port with solely huge gameplay rebalance decisions but I thought that was way too lazy, especially with all the new things v7 brings. Between my last replay of G59 and my recent playthrough of BI v7, I have become too critical of many design decisions I did on G59 and this is the best time to rectify them all.

Expect a crapload of simple yet massively drastic changes throughout the entire campaign, even the most crazy unexpected things may happen to it. Something more ambitious than what I did in my past updates, don't be surprised if the new G59 version's changes will be gigantic compared to the ones between old iterations. Other than having a hugely improved experience, the amount of changes will likely bring back more players than ever (or outright interest more that never tried G59 beforehand), instead of just replaying the same campaign with rebalanced bosses and differently placed enemies/items.

Be patient for the release as I've just started development. Hopefully I can get things done before the end of 2017.
Note: if you have v7 installed, you may want to get rid of the current G59 Music files, as well as the Map ones. The new update won't overwrite all of them, leaving some files in the folders completely unused or broken.

Diego96
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject: Re: G59 v7 in development (Subtitle undecided)

Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017, 07:53

Nice. How is it that the music files will be different? Higher quality maybe?

I'm currenly playing Project Xenome and I'll eventually try this one (preferably updated) so I stop being a coward. This is probably the most hardcore campaign there is.

User avatar UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017, 11:39

Diego96 wrote:Nice. How is it that the music files will be different? Higher quality maybe?

Music changes.

User avatar editor Dave
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017, 13:20

UBerserker wrote:Be patient for the release as I've just started development. Hopefully I can get things done before the end of 2017.

After all that talk about huge and mind blowing changes I thought you'd take years to accomplish them! Well, never judge from myself to others, I guess? :lol: Good luck!
The Unforchers will come again soon...

User avatar UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017, 13:33

editor Dave wrote:
UBerserker wrote:Be patient for the release as I've just started development. Hopefully I can get things done before the end of 2017.

After all that talk about huge and mind blowing changes I thought you'd take years to accomplish them! Well, never judge from myself to others, I guess? :lol: Good luck!

emphasis on simple changes lol
I mean I'm now dealing with complete levels which is a huge difference compared to before where I was dealing with 3+ undeveloped levels. The changes I will be doing won't be that time consuming on the larger scope - last time I ported and upgraded G59 from v5 to v6 happened extremely quickly once I started working on it.

Well I've stated "hopefully" before 2017 ends haha.

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017, 14:34

That poster looks unbelievably good :o

Hmm, I missed the chance to play the last release, will definitely download the upcoming one though. I am settling in a new place for a longer period than the previous place so I am going to find time for this ;)

Good luck with the massive but simple updates! :)
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.