Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

[V7.2] NOVA RE: Project is OGRE.

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

UTNerd24
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject: [V7.2] NOVA RE: Project is OGRE.

Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018, 13:14

Nothing to see here, Folks.Delete please
Last edited by UTNerd24 on 29 Jun 2018, 15:42, edited 14 times in total.
So uhhh... Now what?

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: Re: [V7.2] NOVA RE: An EXU2 Campaign. Recruiting! Roadmap set.

Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018, 21:30

Slightly different scenario here, but still applies: https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=9922.0

If you can't do the mapping yourself, this simply isn't going to happen. Our community is small too, and even if it was still at its peak, no one with mapping skill would sign on to make someone else's ideas if they could work on their own instead. Do you think there are, or ever were, people with editing skills but no imagination who simply need[ed] an "ideas guy" to direct them? Imagination is what draws people to the editor in the first place.

Figure out your editor issues and get working on it yourself and you might see this project come to light. Mapping is 99% of the work required for any project like this, which means if you want your project to come to light, you have to do the work yourself.

UTNerd24

Subject: [V7.2] NOVA RE: Cancelled.

Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018, 02:47

Project cancelled.
Because Unreal ed Crashes on startup for no reason and running under Steam, there is no possible functionality.
Last edited by UTNerd24 on 21 Apr 2018, 03:48, edited 1 time in total.
So uhhh... Now what?

Subject: Re: [V7.2] NOVA RE: Cancelled.

Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018, 02:56

Well it doesn't have to be all or nothing. I mean, your editor issues probably aren't hard to solve. Why are you running UT through Steam anyway? Can't you just move the entire UT folder or run the UnrealEd.exe directly? I actually haven't messed with the steam version of UT, but from what I've seen of other games, the Steam integration is often totally optional once you get the game downloaded, especially for older games.

Otherwise, what error does it give you on startup? You might want to post a thread about that to get it figured out since the editor is not very difficult to use once you get going with it and read tutorials on the basics, some of which we have are very very good (like Proph's beginner tuts).

UTNerd24

Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018, 03:15

So uhhh... Now what?

Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018, 03:25

lol, instant crash. I don't have Win10 so I can't say how it performs there, but you may need to mess around with compatibility settings and disabling desktop composition and ensuring you run as an administrator, etc.

UTNerd24

Subject: Re: [V7.2] NOVA RE: In Limbo.

Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018, 03:40

That's the thing. Im using 8.1 But While ive decided against cancelling this altogether, I would rather this be put in "Limbo": Experimenting with possible solutions to the problem before concluding it is dead or alive

UPDATE: IVY YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD!
Turns out the problem was Data Execution. But now I have a working editor. As for the person who offered to help with the maps, You're still welcome to participate. I could use someone for second opinions and whatnot.
So uhhh... Now what?