ividyon will never get this done, will he.

[v7.2] G59

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: [v7.2] G59

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018, 00:31

There is another bug I forgot to mention - the main support item in the last map, if you load the game and it is on, it will lose the jump boost (must be something fucking with the air control property throughout gametype). Turn off and on the item and it is back to normal.

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018, 00:02

Played through the last maps. All the new content does a great job having great scale, and creating somewhat unique takes on the themes being used; the fully original content really bring it into a style of it's own. I did run into some major performance issues on the last couple of maps though (and worst of all some save crashing on Verflucht, but it stopped after I cleared most of the map of enemies at least). Despite what the tips say I actually found that zooming on the last map gave me better performance than being unzoomed, to the point that some fights I did with perma-short zoom because it was far more playable?? Also is the red GES ammo for the POD weapon? Because I was confused by that and looking at the tips I apparently completely missed it, which seems weird when multiple copies of the other weapons were provided and I found the "hidden" Saint Gun pretty easily, makes me curious to go back and check it out I guess...

Outside of that though it has some of the most ambitious and unique Unreal maps out there, with a bunch of gameplay scenarios that take the EXU gameplay in different directions, along with a different take on the lore.
Formerly Mman

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018, 13:41

Semfry wrote:Also is the red GES ammo for the POD weapon? Because I was confused by that and looking at the tips I apparently completely missed it, which seems weird when multiple copies of the other weapons were provided

I re-read this - you never picked up the POD? It's the weapon on slot 5 you obtain in the Abyss's industrial sector when you climb back to top. It's the only copy in existence story-wise so you don't find it anywhere else.
You also can't proceed in the level without picking it up, so how did you climb up the Abyss?

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018, 14:54

UBerserker wrote:I re-read this - you never picked up the POD? It's the weapon on slot 5 you obtain in the Abyss's industrial sector when you climb back to top. It's the only copy in existence story-wise so you don't find it anywhere else.
You also can't proceed in the level without picking it up, so how did you climb up the Abyss?

If you mean after getting the translocator back then I just translocated back to the top, like the text implied to do, and nothing seemed to stop me (beyond some enemies to kill).
Formerly Mman

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018, 15:15

Semfry wrote:
UBerserker wrote:I re-read this - you never picked up the POD? It's the weapon on slot 5 you obtain in the Abyss's industrial sector when you climb back to top. It's the only copy in existence story-wise so you don't find it anywhere else.

If you mean after getting the translocator back then I just translocated back to the top, like the text implied to do, and nothing seemed to stop me (beyond some enemies to kill).

You had to climb through the vent shaft. I'm only assuming you went through the abyss because there's a blockprojectile actor in the ventshaft to stop xloc discs, which makes travelling impossible above the detour path.

Looks like I forgot that the gravity affects the disc in the abyss too which could make players potentially skip a big portion of the level.

Anyone tell me if they find out bugs and weird things not listed in the tips list.

FYI TO ALL
In the Abyss, when you pick the Xloc, you need to teleport through the vent shaft right above you, not through the abyss, otherwise you will miss several areas and a powerful weapon (as well as a way to get a secret weapon).
This feels more like a player choice. Doing the easy way has its drawbacks.

praethox
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018, 00:26

-=]POSSIBLE STORY SPOILERS[=-
You Sir, have managed to get me a forum lurker to create an account just to commend you on this spectacular work you have done! I played through the campaign twice now with a yearly pause and i must say a lot has changed and those changes are definitely not unwelcome, I really liked the more customized maps and i didn't even mind you excluding the first "S H A D O W" (??) levels because that was just not my style.
► Show Spoiler

The story overall really got me into it and has been a memorable experience.
► Show Spoiler

Really great addition to the arsenal, did not really expect there to be this many weapons added... definitely a good thing to have a variety like this.
► Show Spoiler

Can't comment about the soundtrack seeing as i did the ungodly approach and played it on a notebook speaker due to me enigmatically losing my headphones and not being able to get new ones rn.
► Show Spoiler

This has been a great experience for me and I'm really glad that i took time out of my "vacation" days so that i could play this.

-=]ADDED INFO[=-

Got lost in the "city" a few times but that's no problem
sometimes the FPS drops were really high but I'm not on my rig atm so i don't really care about that

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018, 13:36

Thanks! \o/

praethox wrote:
► Show Spoiler

The story overall really got me into it and has been a memorable experience.

That's one of my favorite parts of the campaign. Was something I came up before finishing Manitou (had no idea how to remake Voidness before I jumped on it)
► Show Spoiler

praethox wrote:After getting the xloc in Abyss i too have just teleported all the way up through the middle :D
kinda my fault for not reading the tips.

Yeah I will reiterate here to all players again:
G59 PLAYERS: You must translocate up the vent shaft! Or you will miss a bunch of stuff including a powerful weapon (as well as your only ticket to the secret weapon).

praethox wrote:
► Show Spoiler

It's really hard to find a better sound that doesn't cause audio drowning. You also use to gun for the entire level so any other sound could be potentially aggravating after a while. It took me a while to choose a decent firing sound for the Fusion Melter's primary fire.

praethox wrote:
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

praethox wrote:This has been a great experience for me and I'm really glad that i took time out of my "vacation" days so that i could play this.

Thank you again! Hope the difficulty/balance was fine enough for you with all the performance issues you had due to playing on notebook.

praethox
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018, 19:57

Everything is manageable, I'll probably be replaying this on my rig so i guess i will get the POD then :D
I'm not much of a coder and I also don't work with models so I don't know how painful this would be but you can try to replace the LRPC model with the beta Automag model, it would really look like an upgraded piddle... and then it would fit the sound without worrying about the drowning and by that i think you mean what happens with the EAR when you have max power ups and it's firing devilishly fast right??
► Show Spoiler

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018, 21:33

praethox wrote:Everything is manageable, I'll probably be replaying this on my rig so i guess i will get the POD then :D
I'm not much of a coder and I also don't work with models so I don't know how painful this would be but you can try to replace the LRPC model with the beta Automag model, it would really look like an upgraded piddle... and then it would fit the sound without worrying about the drowning and by that i think you mean what happens with the EAR when you have max power ups and it's firing devilishly fast right??
► Show Spoiler

Nah, aside the fact I don't really know how to add models in, the beta Automag would be completely out of place for the weapon. The Starlight is designed to be powerful, therefore a heavy weapon is needed to carry such energy power (as well as containing the mechanism for its infinite ammo).
If you were to play the last level with regular EXU weapons it would have been 10x times harder probably? So it makes sense for the Starlight to look at least imposing after the FEM, SK6, POD, etc...

As for the second thing, that's just Unreal's regular Threaten AI setting. Enemies follow you and attack with melee if you get close; if you start hitting them they'll begin attacking normally.

praethox
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018, 22:30

Well Now that you mention it, when thinking about a powerful weapon with this many properties I wouldn't imagine it being a sidearm, so that settles that i guess.
Well, best of luck on any future modding endeavors.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018, 16:14

Got better internet, so had time to do this.

New patch released

The patch fixes the following in EXU2-G59-09-Abyss:
  • When you obtain the Translocator, the door of the teleport station you are in will close down; you have to translocate into the vent shaft right above you (until you reach the detour, since strong wind will eventually stop you from climbing). A Coop teleport will be turned on for those who were left outside the station area.
  • When you make it back to the Abyss throughout the top teleport station area, the door of the bottom station will re-open permanently (the coop teleport will be shut down as well, of course).
  • A hidden Megablast Flare on top of the Abyss area has been moved next to the area's entrance alongside other ammo.

Download the fixed map here.
Note that the main package link in the OP post has been updated already, so if you never downloaded G59 beforehand and you're going to do it now, you don't need the fixed level linked above.

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: G59 Untold Tale

Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019, 00:36

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by FXANBSS on 17 Oct 2019, 02:01, edited 1 time in total.
I grant you the ultimate power!

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019, 13:53

loool
also thought this was another thread (posted so the title changes back)

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019, 15:56

Something is coming soon
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019, 22:49

F--i--nally!!
ImageImage

Previous Next