Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

[UT] <EXU2> "G59" (OLD THREAD)

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: [UT] <EXU2> "G59 - Phase 1" - RELEASED! (Version 1.5)

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012, 09:48

Sounds like you found it.

Will grab that fix and test it out now

*Edit. Fixed map works fine on both the dedicated linux server and win7 listen
server.

**It gets past the point of that crash at least. Still haven't made it over the bridge. No time.
Maybe in a day or 2.....
Mooo !

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012, 11:02

I'm going to join the server and complete it.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012, 12:18

Completed the map, no crashes. Unfortunately I need to patch the thing AGAIN because I forgot to put Translocators to respawn and update the screenshots, among other things.
WAIT how do you even set the Translocator to respawn??
Also Loathsome can you set the G59 maps in the server to work like the BI ones? a.k.a. 3000 health + translocator and Piddledoper as default stats/inventory. Because goddamn I died like over 100 times in Map 3, it got almost 1000 enemies to kill :lol:

@Waffnuffly: How would you compare these four maps to yours difficulty-wise? Single Player side only obviously.
ImageImage

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012, 14:12

I haven't played 1.5 yet, only the release. I never finished Map 4 either; it was just too absurdly difficult. But the first map seemed to compare to like Map 10 or so of EXU2:BI, the second was fairly easy and probably about on par with Map 13, the third was rather hard and probably comparable to Map 15, and the fourth was on a level I've never even seen before, haha.

I've been healed up for a little while now, so I'll have to get back to UT and play v1.5. It's certainly been long enough.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012, 14:24

Once I remember how to set the Translocator to respawn online (not sure how to do it, currently you can only pick them up one time), I'll release the full patch today.
ImageImage

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012, 06:17

UBerserker wrote:Also Loathsome can you set the G59 maps in the server to work like the BI ones? a.k.a. 3000 health + translocator and Piddledoper as default stats/inventory. Because goddamn I died like over 100 times in Map 3, it got almost 1000 enemies to kill :lol:

UB,

I am pretty sure Waff has the BI maps setting the 3000 health and the default inventory in the maps themselves
when the game is running in coop mode.
(Happy B-Day Waff 8) )

I can adjust health and inventory settings via the ecoop configuration, but those settings would apply to
all maps, and not just the EXU2 stuff. This would sort of ruin things for the other 550 or so maps on there
for that server.

Once I get my hardware upgrade done, I should be able to put all the EXU2/G59 stuff back on the AKcoop/Ecoop
server. That one has enough guns/flares and tnt for about anything I think.
Mooo !

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012, 11:22

I have the EXMapInfo actors set correctly but they do not seem to work. However the inventory and stats don't bother me much, except the Xloc. Seems like giving it a respawn time bigger than zero makes it re-appear in coop.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: [UT] <EXU2> "G59 - Phase 1" - RELEASED! (Version 1.5F)

Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012, 12:48

First post heavily updated!

G59 - Phase 1
Version 1.5F released

Change Log (may contain spoilers)
[spoiler]-Metallic Monks (Map 4 ambient theme from Fallout 1/2/NV) is now louder (it uses the remastered version from the Fallout Collection album).
-Map 3 and Map 4 screenshots have been updated, showing the correct lighting of the respective maps.
-Map 3 will not crash anymore. Checkpoint system perfectly working.
-Slightly more RFPC and Clusterfucker ammo in Map 4.
-The charge of the first EXU Shield Belt in Map 3 has been increased to 3000.
-Morax got once again more health, inside and outside Coop mode. He's important to the story and needs to pose a real threat to the player.
-All the BioBags in the first area of Map 3 won't appear on Easy and Medium.
-In Coop mode, Translocators will be easy to pick up and should respawn.
-The third Coop checkpoint set in Map 3 has been moved to a safer place; same story for the respective coop-only weapon set.
-Amount of health given from the Pillar of Asmodeus is 30 instead of 20.
-Slightly increased the charge of all the Pillars.
-An orb/shield has been placed in the "item island" of Map 4 to make you sure there's a barrier here. Invisible from the inside, it's just for eye-candy.
-Map 1 has few new items and few less opposition on Easy.
-Two Shadow swarms and various Big Shadow Creatures won't appear on Easy.
-The Giant BioBags in the first area of Map 3 will only appear in Coop now.
-The spawning speed of various Creature Factories in Map 3 has been decreased (mostly for Hard and Unreal difficulties. And Coop).
-Jigoku.u has a new item called HSWB. Activable item: doubles your swimming speed and it is nearly infinite. Not used here as it appears in Map 5 (Phase 2).[/spoiler]

Also yesterday I received from the Saints some kind of image or something; they can't write for shit :>
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Every now and then, the locations of these items will be revealed. Other secrets will be excluded, though.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012, 16:44

OKAY the updated 1.5F it's up again! Finally. Get it.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012, 20:22

In one afternoon, tired me out

Waffnuffly wrote:I haven't played 1.5 yet, only the release. I never finished Map 4 either; it was just too absurdly difficult. But the first map seemed to compare to like Map 10 or so of EXU2:BI, the second was fairly easy and probably about on par with Map 13, the third was rather hard and probably comparable to Map 15, and the fourth was on a level I've never even seen before, haha.

I've been healed up for a little while now, so I'll have to get back to UT and play v1.5. It's certainly been long enough.

Well yeah, it's definitely a bit easier than before. It's nothing really super hard though, generally if it isn't your first time playing the levels.

[spoiler]I'd say Map 1 is the bastard child of BI Map 11 and BI Map 15. Not sure but it definitely gives me loads of problems (on Unreal difficulty only though) because it is the most chaotic and the least straightforward of the four. You fight all kind of monsters, like FuckerFish, DemonSlith, FiendSkaarj, DoomTroopers, plus three boss creatures. You have your minutes of break though. On Unreal difficulty there's one section where you have to deal with Gasbags and Lava Titans together (alongside many placed Demon pawns) that I'd say it is as overwhelming as Highlands' Feuer Frei part, if not more.

Map 2 is harder than BI Map 13-14, meaning it is pretty much a joke. It's gimmicky so it may also be a nightmare because you won't expect the ambushes and you won't know how to deal with Shadows. I almost never die here, although the randomized appearances of BigShadowCreatures and Tsathoggua(s) may put people off, same for the new waves that spawn if you return in the first areas of the map once you reach a certain point.

Difficulty of Map 3 depends on your results on Map 2. I started it with like, 10000 armor and lots of ammo. It's nowhere near as hard as Highlands, I'd say it's more like the BI Ice maps if they received the Highland treatment. There's really nothing from BI currently which has similar gameplay since the Bio theme is new to G59. Bioblobs are heavily damaging and can send you where you don't want. Enemies deal loads of damage, Demon waves are all about heavy firepower vs heavy firepower. Unlike Map 1 this one is straightforward, but the battles just drain your energy and subsequently the player's stamina. Completely relentless. The Boss is all about killing him before he kills you; if you aren't able to hit him with the CB primary you are fucked. And if he accidentally lunges on your head you're DEAD.

Map 4 is... huh. Reminds me of one of your maps that aren't released yet (the one under the desert with the gateways where monsters come out of it, I thought that was REALLY FUCKING HARD). This map would be virtually impossible unless:
1)You realize how the fuck you deal with all of those Lava Titans and the Archdemon.
2)Understand how to use the RFPC and the Clusterfucker with the PentaPower against everyone.
3)You realize the trick to defeating the very last boss of the wave

tl;dr I say Highlands is still the overall hardest EXU2 map, with perditus being close behind. I'm not sure if your new maps will be harder, but the rest of my levels contain new levels of bullshit (i.e. Hyper enemies).
If people can't keep up with Unreal difficulty you can choose an easier one like Hard.[/spoiler]
ImageImage

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012, 04:47

I went ahead and put the EXU2 server back online so I could try playing it with the EXUCoopGame2
gametype.

Server IP still 69.210.212.203:8777

EXU2-BI-Demo4, G59 v1.5f and several other mappacks are on the server.
Use mapvote to switch maps/mappacks. (mutate bdbmapvote votemenu)

In addition to bdbMapvote 3.02, I have the EXU Health Charger and EXU Pinata mutators running on it.
Also MoreBloodOS and MoreGore Plus 2, with fairly conservative settings.

Only mutator currently on it that effects gameplay would be my Dropper mutator which is currently adding
extra flares, guns, and a few extra monsters when things die. (G59 needs extra monsters. LOL)

I can adjust any of the above if you wish to test it online in a different config.
Mooo !

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012, 15:09

Haha you actually brought it back! :)
Will try today.

OW holy shit it's really another thing on EXU2 Coop since most of the stuff seem to work even more correctly online; thanksfully Translocators also respawn. I think I went haywire with the Flares in Map 4 and it crashes always due to the high amount of decals. Have to turn them off online :)
(MoreBlood/MoreGore may be too overwhelming for the server if you ask me, I don't care about decals online)

Overall it works as supposed.
ImageImage

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012, 23:04

Extra Blood and Gore mutators have been removed.
Mooo !

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012, 00:37

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDAMN

Managed to meet up with Loathsome on his server and finally cleared Map 4 for the first time ever in Coop. It was amazingly fun and so hard that not even a semi-infinite ScreamerRL was enough :>
Immensly insane with all the flares being thrown left and right and the final boss kicking everybody's ass. We took over one hour to destroy all the monsters, and I'm pretty sure it's almost impossible doing this alone.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

I have yet to try Highlands on Coop (works weird online though).
ImageImage

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012, 04:10

G59 Map 04 has crashed a few times on the EXU2 server in the last few days.
No clue in the logs as too why....

Also have been having some client side crashes with the G59 maps, with the GalaxyAudio.
"Assertion failed: Playing.Actor [File:C:\UTDev\Galaxy\Src\UnGalaxy.ccp]"

Been happening to me, and some of the other players randomly, but only on G59 maps, not any of the EXU2
ones.

I am thinking something with Found99.umx is to blame. Is that being imported from a wav file?
Perhaps it is something else....
Mooo !

Previous Next