Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

[UT] <EXU2> "G59" (OLD THREAD)

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: [UT] <EXU2> "G59 - Phase 1" - RELEASED!

Post Posted: 29 May 2012, 13:27

G59 - Phase 1
Version 1.2 released

Change Log (may contain spoilers)

[spoiler]EXU2-G59-01-TheLimbo
-Blood lakes are now translucent.
-Fixed a Health Vial which had the property bSuperHeal turned to False instead of True.
-Filtered the first TranslatorLog related to the Archdemon appearance instead of using an AltTriggerMessage hack.
-Three Contact Beans removed.
-There's a new Hell Book at the end of the level which hints the player how to access the exit teleporter in the well.
-The Juggernaut now dies always after two or three CB beams.
-The final wave of Gasbags (and consequently Naberius) will pop up ten seconds after the Juggernaut is dead.
-Naberius has much more health.
-A more powerful version of Naberius now appears in Coop Mode.

EXU2-G59-02-VOIDNESS
-Tsathoggua's melee range, melee damage and ground speed have been lowered. Couldn't get a Titan to do the job due to its poor navigation through obstacles.
-Mandatory versions of Tsathoggua's ground speed is even lower.
-Hastur now displays the correct carcass.

EXU2-G59-03-HyperBoundaryGate
-Quantity of Ammo packs has been increased. You'll find more EAR Ammo, Canned Pentagrams, Hyper Cells, Contact Beans and RFPC ammo.
-Added new EXU ShieldBelts and TurboHelms, and increased the charge of some of the pre-existing ones.
-Removed an useless LRPC ammo.
-Added a Nuclear Flare, a Plasma Sprayer Flare, a HellFire Flare and several Fusion Flares.
-The health of various enemies such as Swamp Brutes, Slimer Mercs, Flak/Nuclear/Beam Tentacles and several Bio Mercenary Elite has been heavily lowered.
-Acid pools are all translucent and not modulated.
-Various, general changes about the enemies (removals, new ones, replacements).
-The Unreal difficulty-only Gasbag ambush in the first area lasts longer.
-The demon ambush on the landing pad has been inverted. It's triggered if you enter the little control room; the enemies will pop up near the entrance.
-Broken windows display the correct textures.
-The slime pools are completely harmless now.
-The Maint Brutes do not drop anymore EAR Ammo - those are now placed indipendently in their chamber.
-Several lighting fixes.
-A badly-placed brush in the bridge area (before the Shit Test Room) has been fixed.
-The pillars in the boss arena are now removed, so it is impossible to exploit the fight. Have fun beating this guy face to face!
-Placed a BlockAll actor into a hole to the "sky".

EXU2-G59-04-PerditusParadisus
-Added more RFPC and Clusterfucker ammo.
-Increased the DrawScale of the floating blue ring.
-Made the unknown shield more effective hopefully. It's not supposed to protect you all the time, you know.
-Filtered the TranslatorLog about the main battle of the map. On all the difficulties except Easy, the message will warn you about the incoming battle.
-The Big Archdemon has 500000 HP instead of more than one million. As always, this one and the following chaos don't appear on Easy.
-On Medium, Hard and Unreal, the two smaller Archdemons are replaced by some Lava Titans. These smaller but stronger Archdemons will appear only on Easy.
-The hidden Seeds should glow brighter now.[/spoiler]
ImageImage

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: Re: [UT] <EXU2> "G59 - Phase 1" - RELEASED! (Version 1.2)

Post Posted: 29 May 2012, 14:14

Looks like my next run through G59 begins very soon indeed! :tup:

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 29 May 2012, 15:42

There's not much big to check but Map 3 will eventually get more items due to the Bio/Shit Enemies behaviour in Demo 5
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 04 Jun 2012, 13:39

http://ecoop.ucoz.com/forum/12-102-1

So far I haven't received feedback from the coop front and I'd like to get some (technical issues and difficulty)
ImageImage

User avatar Core
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012, 19:01

Two words. Excellent stuff! The reason I haven't commented yet is that I haven't played all maps in coop yet. Just finished the campaign sunday offline. Had a blast while going through it. The gameplay was awesome, Cybernetika's music fitted perfectly (wish some tracks were free of vocals/voices though) and the new monsters were kickass!

Don't think I encountered a situation where a coop player could get stuck should he die prematurely. For example, some maps have ambushes where the player can't go back or forth, unless he wins a battle. That's all good, but the mapper, if he intends coop support, should provide a means for other players who arrive later and/or for respawning players to access the area.

The only technical note I have so far is for some rotating boulders in map 1. Actors put inside a skybox are irrelevant to a client (i.e they don't exist clientside), unless you force them to be (through bStatic, bNoDelete, bAlwaysRelevant,..). That's because the client just sees them through the fake backdrop, he doesn't have a direct line of sight to them, etc.. In your case you probably set some boulders' bStatic=False to make them rotate, causing them to disappear in a connected client's skybox due to irrelevance. You'll need to set their bNoDelete=True to keep them from being deleted by the client initially, while still allowing them to rotate.

it doesn't affect Loathsome's coop servers, because we're using ecoop there which works around these kind of things, besides it's nothing critical.

I'm glad you didn't exagerate with the MaxItems of creaturefactories, as too many monsters in the same area could cause lagspikes.

As for difficulty, I think that depends on personal preference. Just like with SP, you have players who enjoy high difficulties, others who enjoy exploration more etc..

[spoiler]Perhaps the lavatitans in map 4 should be a little faster, as now they spend too much time walking, while getting owned. Also, a couple more archdemons in map 4 for coop (on diff 3 perhaps) wouldn't be a bad idea either :twisted: .[/spoiler]

bear in mind coop = respwaning weapons, players often reconnect to get the weapons back that they started the map with, things like that.

I also have a simple question. In the readme you stated:

readme wrote: G59 will work correctly on EXU2 Demo ver2.1. It won't work on anything older. It won't work on anything NEWER.

So I was wondering what will make G59 incompatible with (a) newer version(s) of EXU2 and whether or not that will be dealt with in due time.

Looking forward to the next phase(s). For an SP-only guy, you sure know how to make badass coop gameplay. So far Map 1 & 4 are my favorites of the campaign.

Moreover, the mappack is a good demonstration of the potential of EXU2 creatures & inventory.

Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012, 19:56

Core wrote:So I was wondering what will make G59 incompatible with (a) newer version(s) of EXU2 and whether or not that will be dealt with in due time.

Any deleted / renamed actors since Demo 4 will need to be handled, and there's a good list of those, but I've done my best to actually document the changes. Balance, of course, will need the most adjustment.

I actually did a test for giggles with G59 Map 1, investigating to see what needed to be done to get it working on the latest build. It was actually very easy. You just have to export the map to .t3d, close UED, update the EXU packages, reopen, manually load all the packages the map should have (textures, sound, code, etc), then import. All removed variables and classes will be implicitly deleted since they won't exist for importation. This just leaves the mapper to figure out what's missing and what's broken, then adjust accordingly.

G59 is way fun with the latest build! Well, Map 1 at least. I haven't have time to check the others. But theoretically, it's not too hard to get it working.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012, 20:16

\o/

Core wrote:Don't think I encountered a situation where a coop player could get stuck should he die prematurely. For example, some maps have ambushes where the player can't go back or forth, unless he wins a battle. That's all good, but the mapper, if he intends coop support, should provide a means for other players who arrive later and/or for respawning players to access the area.

That was one of the things I was worried about, maybe with Map 2. The only thing that I forgot to do is adding a new set of PlayerStart actors in the very last area of Map 1, because the boss is coming from the opposite side, just near the last set of existing PlayerStart actors.
Unless I added new PlayerStart near the two wells but I'm 90% sure I totally forgot about adding them (Map 1 final boss was added later in development).

Core wrote:The only technical note I have so far is for some rotating boulders in map 1. Actors put inside a skybox are irrelevant to a client (i.e they don't exist clientside), unless you force them to be (through bStatic, bNoDelete, bAlwaysRelevant,..). That's because the client just sees them through the fake backdrop, he doesn't have a direct line of sight to them, etc.. In your case you probably set some boulders' bStatic=False to make them rotate, causing them to disappear in a connected client's skybox due to irrelevance. You'll need to set their bNoDelete=True to keep them from being deleted by the client initially, while still allowing them to rotate.

Will do.

Core wrote:[spoiler]Perhaps the lavatitans in map 4 should be a little faster, as now they spend too much time walking, while getting owned. Also, a couple more archdemons in map 4 for coop (on diff 3 perhaps) wouldn't be a bad idea either :twisted: .[/spoiler]

[spoiler]The Lavatitans are supposed to be walking targets. They are stronger than regular ones but you probably still want to use the Penta Power against them! I'm not going to increase the amount of the Archdemons and LavaTitans, however I'll add a new special crazy wave for the BIG BATTLE for Coop. There was one before but I wrongly removed it.

I really wonder if the Bosses (Naberius, Morax and Tonatiuh - Tsathoggua aka Shadow warlord doesn't count) are any harder in Coop.
Also, the secret Demon Pillars are not available in Coop however I forgot to make unavailable one of them, specifically in Map 1.[/spoiler]
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012, 21:01

G59 - Phase 1
Version 1.3 released. Little patch specifically aimed at Coop players.

Change Log (there may be spoilers)

[spoiler]-Naberius' Air Speed on Coop mode has been increased. Players should quickly stop him before he arrives right upon their heads.
-New set of Coop PlayerStart actors in the last area of Map 1. They are activated after the Juggernaut (the big one) is dead.
-All the Sin Pillars are now unavailable in Coop mode. Completely forgot about that bit in the first release.
-The Big Archdemon in Map 4 is now extremely healthy on Coop mode.
-More enemies will spawn in Map 4 on Coop mode (Capacity only, MaxItems is not different).
-Updated maplist.[/spoiler]
ImageImage

Maxer 64
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: [UT] <EXU2> "G59 - Phase 1" - RELEASED! (Version 1.3)

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012, 17:52

What the hell? I just finished Map 1 and I got this wierd thing when I entered map 2.

Before Map 2:

When I entered map 2:

Is this one of the "Scoreboard Issues"?
If you see this, I was a really dumb and stupid kid. Don't listen to the above.

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012, 17:53

Did you turn on god mode?

Maxer 64

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012, 18:00

Waffnuffly wrote:Did you turn on god mode?

F no. I'm fair! Besides, I got the current score when I entered map 2. The first pic is supposed to show the exit. But things got dark in the pictures. In game was fine 'nuff to see.
Last edited by Maxer 64 on 16 Jun 2012, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012, 19:22

Does it happen in EXU2: BI or just EXU2: G59?
Does it only happen during G59 Map 2?
Does it ALWAYS happen? I.e. are you ever able to get through the level without the score flipping out or no?
Does it happen at a certain point?

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012, 19:45

This is weird. And this isn't even the scoreboard issue, since that one just resets your score to the same amount as you started the level (in this case is zero, plus Map 1 never had that problem).
Did it happen more than one time?

By the way I had a blast alongside Core on Ecoop playing these maps, after taking Map 1 all by myself.
ImageImage

Maxer 64

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012, 19:46

I have not seen anything like that in EXU2 BI yet.
This was the first time that anything like this ever happened.
I have not finished the level yet.
It seems to be a random event.

The more I play the level, I will let you know if it occurs again.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012, 22:33

G59 - Phase 1
Version 1.5 released. Still fixes for Coop except a major graphical change.

Change Log

[spoiler]General
-Map 3 and 4 have the lighting scheme changed. This is more for consistency purposes since G59 generally happens during night.

Coop only
-Skyboxes should look correctly now online, all the effects/panels/actors are visible.
-Removed a Coop PlayerStart actor in Map 3 which pretty much broken the checkpoint system in that level.
-Added Coop-only weapons and Translocators near all the checkpoint places. The selection of weapons is map-specific, aka you'll find only the necessary ones.
-Naberius in Coop has been once again boosted health-wise and airspeed-wise.
-Morax' health in Coop has been heavily increased.
-Hopefully fixed the wussy Archdemon in Map 4 who died always in one hit in Coop.
-Now Tonatiuh should always appear in Map 4 in Coop. He has also higher health as well (always for Coop).[/spoiler]
ImageImage

Previous Next