UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

EXU2 Ideas & Suggestions Thread

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: EXU2 Ideas & Suggestions Thread

Post Posted: 12 May 2016, 22:23

Tertiary Fire for every weapon?
It would be more hard to control and you can fail and use the tertiary fire accidentally, but hey, this is EXU2, nothing is easy here.
Oh wait, Tertiary Fire means a lot of insta-kill chances on powerful monsters, better not...

Tertiary Fires
Shitgun: Shoots meteors, uses 100 ammo.
HellGun: Demon Saturation Flare as Tertiary Fire, uses 100 ammo (Like the Super Hell Gun)
RFPC: LRPC Ball as Tertiary Fire. (Make it less powerful than the LRPC.)

SuperHellGun: Demon Blast as Tertiary Fire. (Fuck everything, it also kills yourself, destroying all your inventory.)

Secondary Fires
Fun Barrels: The Secondary Fire makes the barrel to explode.
SuperHellGun: Huge Hellfire Blasts when PentaPowered.

Weapon Ideas
Rage Cannon: Shoots Spheres of Death.
Chaos Sneer: Spams Super Sneers, Ultra Sneers and Hyper Sneers. (For fun when someone is bored.)
Tachyon Storm: Fucking powerful beams, and long range tachyon waves, also it gives you a Kill Aura, so monsters close to you will get reckt by Tachyon Storms.

Battle Flares Ideas
Sun Flare: You know.
Rage Flare: Yeah.
Void Flare: Starts to suck everything in range, the only way to kill a SuperbCharger.
Chaos Flare: Chaos Barrel style, but less powerful, still more powerful than a Munitions Party Flare.
Tachyon Flare: Creates tachyon storms for like 1 minute.

Last thing, try to complete every kind of race, for example, there are only two Jerk monsters types, the JerkKrall and JerkMerc, what about making more? Eh?
I grant you the ultimate power!

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 13 May 2016, 18:18

I'm honestly against tertiary fire because of how easy it is to screw up while going from primary to secondary firemodes, and the other weapons are going to get used more than the PP which means much bigger margin of error. Those attacks you listed are overpowered and you can accidentally suicide very easily.

Sun Flare - the Sun Barrel already exists
Rage Flare - ?
Void Flare - a vacuum sounds cool for some setup but I'm not sure if it's possible in this engine
Chaos Flare - the Chaos Barrel already exists, besides this Flare is unfinished
Tachyon Flare - either completely useless or broken

I think weapon-wise, EXU2 is absolutely fine. Battle Flare is what isn't exactly satisfying. We have:
  • Nuclear Flare which is still ok (falls off horribly in G59 however)
  • Most of the old flares from the earliest version of EXU2 that are completely outmatched by the newer ones or even by the weapons themselves
  • The very few useful good flares (Fusion, Munitions, Megablast, BioHazard, PlasmaSprayer and Hellfire when you aren't facing Demons)
  • Those ClusterShock/ShockBurst ones that are decent for some direct damage but feel useless once you have strong weapons
  • DemonBlast and DemonSaturation flares that can be massively overpowered in indoor maps
  • Bouncilaser aka literally game breaking flare
  • The unfinished Chaos Flare
  • The unseen Stun Flare which is good in design but you never feel like using it, filling a useless inventory slot
  • Joke Horror flare or whatever I missed.

Basically the list of really useful, non-game breaking flares amount so far at Nuclear, Fusion, Munitions, Megablast, BioHazard, PlasmaSprayer, Hellfire and the direct Shock ones. Chaos might be decent too if it's finished but it's probably for outdoor stuff.

I'm still counting for something Saint; if a SaintGun isn't in store, a SaintFlare would be really cool then. There has to be a high-end tool against Demons to make up for their Hell immunity. Problem is that it's pretty hard to come up with decent "holy" effects other than white fog and some yellow rings. It should though only aim for Demon pawns in some way (maybe through tag recognization?) to make it a bit more unique instead of being a different elemental blast.

There should be also a Flare for 1vs1 boss fight. Isn't the SeekerMissile Flare really weak now? It should be strengthen up and should just aim for the pawn with the highest base health.
ImageImage

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 13 May 2016, 19:23

UBerserker wrote:
  • DemonBlast and DemonSaturation flares that can be massively overpowered in indoor maps

I don't know what is your problem with Saturation flares, in G59, i never used them, because Hellfire flares are more powerful.

Here is a comparison between DemonSaturation Flare and Hellfire Flare.

Hellfire Flare
Damage Types: Hell/Burned
Damage: 40000-80000
Duration: 5 seconds
Range: Low
Note: Can kill demon pawns.

Demon Saturation Flare
Damage Types: Hell
Damage: 10000-20000
Duration: 1 second
Range: Medium (50% larger radius than the Hellfire Flare, approx.)

BONUS
Demon Blast Flare!
Damage Types: Hell
Damage: 20000-80000 (I was expecting more, it should do more damage if a monster is in center of the demon blast.)
Duration: 5 seconds (The explosion occurs at the third second, approx.)
Range: High (Can destroy half the EMD in G59, it kills half the hyper entities, somehow, i've heard some electric sound after the explosion, close to the Weapon Tower Guard Chamber, that also can be triggered with a Large Marge in Loathsome Server, since they can damage stuff through walls, like the RFPC, but it has a lower range so it can't trigger that sound, i don't know if that place is supposed to make that electric sound.)

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016, 01:27

What about to create a separate file for the EXU Triggers?
To help map authors who doesn't use EXU2, so people can see how good EXU2 is, for example the ASS Controller, just by seeing the power of that trigger people might want to play EXU2 to see more of it.

UBerserker wrote:There should be also a Flare for 1vs1 boss fight. Isn't the SeekerMissile Flare really weak now? It should be strengthen up and should just aim for the pawn with the highest base health.

Oh, with tags would be better, if the Boss has a Boss PawnTag, Yeah.
The SeekerMissileFlare is enough powerful to me IMO, btw, all flares needs to be different in damage dealing, so the SeekerMissileFlare can't be the same as powerful as a Fusion Flare.
Also, all rockets on 1 pawn is not always good, if you have Shrapnel Mercenaries around...
Maybe most of rockets go to the tough guy, but a few will go to some other weak monsters.

User avatar jaypeezy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016, 15:40

UBerserker wrote:Sun Flare - the Sun Barrel already exists
Rage Flare - ?
Void Flare - a vacuum sounds cool for some setup but I'm not sure if it's possible in this engine
Chaos Flare - the Chaos Barrel already exists, besides this Flare is unfinished
Tachyon Flare - either completely useless or broken

Actually, ChaosUT had a weapon that did just what you describe for Void Flare, the Energy Vortex:
https://youtu.be/hYrEipktmUY?t=2m37s

EDIT: Skip to 2 minutes 35 seconds in.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016, 16:14

Late reply but yeah that would be cool and it would make an excellent combo with weapons like the RFPC.
Going back to Saints stuff - I liked the effects of the Holy spells in Nali Chronicles but they're probably outdated by now, but who knows?

@Waffnuffly: you ever got around coding Warlord pawns to have different attacks or it's too much of a mess?
ImageImage

User avatar UTNerd24
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016, 05:18

As a Masochist, I recommend a Turbo version of the Energy AR Type B.

Oh, and if you REALLY wanna go the extra mile, maybe a Hitscan variant of the Chaos Barrel. The Large Marge is awesome and all, but it isint Game-Breaking.

Campaign wise, I'm kinda hoping for more WTF moments. EXU2 seems to have a more serious approach, and that's ok, but it needs a bit more NIGHTOWL, TMNT, Sploogie and Death Metal Tentacles.

Also, a Sneer Launcher would be cool. Ultra Sneers are the ultimate spawnkillers.
Pls play Unreal

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016, 16:46

Let's use the Sneer powers for everything, isn't it?

- Hyper Sneer + Ultra Sneer = WTF BOOM
- Ultra Sneer + Rage Sphere = lol ur definitely reckt
- Largest Marge that shoots the projectile above, nobody will survive at this :v
- Overpowered Weapons (EnergyAR that shoots red lasers) (Hyper Flakker crazy grenades) (Everything)
- Ultra belt is too weak yo
- Take control of a Firefucker
- Archdemons are too weak
- Fucking powerful bosses that can even destroy ur ass if you use LRPC
- Something worse than the Magatsu Gassius from G59
- SevenHundredthPawn
- Ultrass
- Weapon that shoots monsters
- Super Ultra Mega Badass Pawn
- More garbage

User avatar UTNerd24

Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016, 14:33

FXANBSS wrote:Let's use the Sneer powers for everything, isn't it?

- Hyper Sneer + Ultra Sneer = WTF BOOM
- Ultra Sneer + Rage Sphere = lol ur definitely reckt
- Largest Marge that shoots the projectile above, nobody will survive at this :v
- Overpowered Weapons (EnergyAR that shoots red lasers) (Hyper Flakker crazy grenades) (Everything)
- Ultra belt is too weak yo
- Take control of a Firefucker
- Archdemons are too weak
- Fucking powerful bosses that can even destroy ur ass if you use LRPC
- Something worse than the Magatsu Gassius from G59
- SevenHundredthPawn
- Ultrass
- Weapon that shoots monsters
- Super Ultra Mega Badass Pawn
- More garbage

I dont know whether to see this as mockery or genuine ideas.

EDIT: I dunno about you, but this is some Final Boss/High Tier Battle Music right here:
Pls play Unreal

User avatar KeeperUTX
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017, 15:42

Lots of people suggesting the Flare Gun as a starting weapon... I like this, so let me try and expand on it.

I have here on my UT a mutator that disables instantly used items. I can't recall from where it is, though, I just have it in there, and use it for MP enemies in matches that drop flares. Here's my solutions:

-If needed, I can look around for which .u file has this mutator, and post the script here or to Waff in a private post. The script that cancels out instant usage could be absorbed for MP-based flares, or modified... no... EXUified into its own mutator that disables instant Flare use.
-Otherwise, there could be a FlareGunMP, which has this built-in; suppresses instant flare use.
-Flares spawn around the map in random intervals around an area off another mutator.
-A Flare Crate also spawns that has a random set of flares as the original one. Only one spawns per gameplay.

Flare-Gun priority for bots:
-Namely, they should only be able to use it when they have at least one flare in the inventory. They should be told in the weapon's script to refrain from using it unless they have.. well, a flare on them.
-If they shoot secondary fire, they switch to a second weapon so they don't spam it. Wouldn't want the engine to shit itself from an overkill amount of flares (should they find something like several munitions party mix flares)
-Generally would be stupid if they pulled out the flare gun at melee range to shoot some kind of volatile flare in your face, killing you both. It's hilarious but perhaps they should be told to use the weapon from afar? if possible? If not, eh... I'm sure it'll bust a gut or two when you see a bot's pokerface with the Flare Gun's barrel at your face. "Hasta La Vista, baby..."
A story is best written from a unity of mind and heart.

User avatar UTNerd24

Post Posted: 31 May 2017, 07:06

So yeah. I decided to Rehash my previous ideas and suggest some more down-to-earth ones. I use 'down-to-earth' loosely as these are still crazy things I've been needing to get outta my head, but worth consideration.

----Items----
Full Piddledoper Charge - Oddly enough, despite the arsenal of weaponry, I tend to find myself using the Piddledoper most of the time. And sometimes, you need more than just a little boost. Of course, this should be Elusive.

KEEP THE OLD FLARES - They're not as crap as you claim they are, since they are plentiful, they can be viable for crowd control for when other flare kinds are scarce.

Shit Flare - The equivalent of a shit canister or two.

Decoy - Creates a clone of the player that lures in enemies. Of course, it would most likely fail on smarter monsters like Skaarj.

Keep the Horror Flare - Its hilarious as it is effective. Speaking of, I swear i saw the Horror Face in one of the games textures.

Crystal Seed - Grows a crystal that reacts to the Piddledoper/Shock Based weaponry.

Vision Rune - Allows the player to see the classification/health/weakness/immunities/distance of enemies on the map, but only in a specified radius to prevent sensory overload.

Lead Helm - Grants immunity to Bullet-Based weaponry, such as the Doom Trooper's Gun or the Combat Shotgun.

Anti-Fuckoff Suit - Greatly reduces the momentum of blasts, especially that of the Fuckoff Rockets and LRPC Projectiles.

Rations/Portable Medkit - Got the idea from Seven Bullets. Can provide a health boost whenever needed.

----Weapons/Upgrades----

Blastocannon - C'mon man. You should bring it back. It was really good for clearing indoor rooms and I never found it that overpowered anyway. Maybe add splash damage to the projectile expiration.

Sniper Rifle - Obligatory, Really. In addition to an increased fire rate, maybe include the ability for rounds to pierce targets, allowing multiple enemies to be hit at once.

Bouncing Variant of the Energy AR - HEAR ME OUT. Basically give it much less ammo and a decreased fire rate. Sure it'll still be OP, but for that reason it could be classified as a superweapon.

Saint Gun - Basically a Holy version of the HellGun. Sure, It's rather bland of an idea, but I believe UBeserker was originally going to include such a weapon in G59 but scrapped it due to either time constraints or coding difficulty. Possibly the former.

Nailgun - The way I see this working is it being a Hybrid of the Stinger and Ripper. The nails bounce off walls, but eventually lose speed and start bouncing with arcs until they stick to a surface.

Superb Brute Doll - No projectiles for this, but when a successful hit is made, it kills instantly using the same code as the Superb Charger. Probably should swing slower though.

F.T.C (Fuck This Cannon) - Launches a slower variant of the Four Hundredth Projectile. I'll be honestly surprised if this even makes it in at all.

----Monsters----

матрёшка Slith - A Giant Slith that explodes into smaller Sliths, and those Sliths Explode into Pupae. Should be a boss or a obstacle.

EXUDragon -Image In the Beta of Unreal, there were DRAGONS! You should convert it to EXU so you can make different variants of it. If you are interested, Send me a PM and I'll send you the file.

Shotgun Trooper - A Skaarj Trooper with a Shotgun. Pretty self explanatory.

Flying Tentacle - I dunno how to explain this one tbh. I mean, the Tentacle has movement animations in its files, so why not use em?

Fucker Predator - These guys were fast enough already, so lets make em even faster eh?

----Skins----

I know Deathmatch isn't necessarily the focus in this mod, but with all those awesome skins you make, you should include them to be selectable in the player setup. Theres also a Skaarj Warrior Model for UT, so that's a bonus.

--------------------------

And that's just about it. Hopefully these are competent to you as opposed to last time. If you have any further interests, let me know and I might even send you a resource pack that could help.
Looking forward to your response!
Pls play Unreal

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 31 May 2017, 21:12

Full Piddledoper Charge - Oddly enough, despite the arsenal of weaponry, I tend to find myself using the Piddledoper most of the time. And sometimes, you need more than just a little boost. Of course, this should be Elusive.

Decent idea.

KEEP THE OLD FLARES - They're not as crap as you claim they are, since they are plentiful, they can be viable for crowd control for when other flare kinds are scarce.

The problem wasn't the fact that all of them were weaker than a shit canister, the problem was that they filled in the inventory like crazy and you had to shift through 50+ items to find a real one, and you could barely tell which Flare was x and y from the icon.

Shit Flare - The equivalent of a shit canister or two.

Redundant, you have shit canisters already as a weapon and very early too. Flares are supposed to be very strong crowd cleaners that regular weapons are unable to do so in few shots.

Decoy - Creates a clone of the player that lures in enemies. Of course, it would most likely fail on smarter monsters like Skaarj.

Feels very un-EXU and most likely it's going to bring new bugs.

Keep the Horror Flare - Its hilarious as it is effective. Speaking of, I swear i saw the Horror Face in one of the games textures.

This was never going to be removed though!

Crystal Seed - Grows a crystal that reacts to the Piddledoper/Shock Based weaponry.

Ya this is great, who knows though if it's possible to code a dynamic placed one on this engine.

Vision Rune - Allows the player to see the classification/health/weakness/immunities/distance of enemies on the map, but only in a specified radius to prevent sensory overload.

Classification is pointless and immuno-weakness list might be painful to load every time for every enemy. Either way make it a default for the Extractor, no need for another item.

Lead Helm - Grants immunity to Bullet-Based weaponry, such as the Doom Trooper's Gun or the Combat Shotgun.

You will still pick a Blast/Shit helm over it.

Anti-Fuckoff Suit - Greatly reduces the momentum of blasts, especially that of the Fuckoff Rockets and LRPC Projectiles.

That's what "Heavy -" items already do.

Rations/Portable Medkit - Got the idea from Seven Bullets. Can provide a health boost whenever needed.

Just keep healing items to just Combat Seeds.

Blastocannon - C'mon man. You should bring it back. It was really good for clearing indoor rooms and I never found it that overpowered anyway. Maybe add splash damage to the projectile expiration.

Model and projectiles were really lame-looking and I'm pretty sure it got removed once the RFPC was improved to what it is now.

Sniper Rifle - Obligatory, Really. In addition to an increased fire rate, maybe include the ability for rounds to pierce targets, allowing multiple enemies to be hit at once.

Extractor zoom on -> aim enemy -> switch to EAR -> sniper rifle.

Bouncing Variant of the Energy AR - HEAR ME OUT. Basically give it much less ammo and a decreased fire rate. Sure it'll still be OP, but for that reason it could be classified as a superweapon.

I believe the penta power already makes the projectiles bouncing?

Saint Gun - Basically a Holy version of the HellGun. Sure, It's rather bland of an idea, but I believe UBeserker was originally going to include such a weapon in G59 but scrapped it due to either time constraints or coding difficulty. Possibly the former.

Yeah, this works as an "upgrade" rather than a new weapon entirely.

Nailgun - The way I see this working is it being a Hybrid of the Stinger and Ripper. The nails bounce off walls, but eventually lose speed and start bouncing with arcs until they stick to a surface.

This is sorta like the Freezer, which is already dumpster tier and not even in MP anymore.

Superb Brute Doll - No projectiles for this, but when a successful hit is made, it kills instantly using the same code as the Superb Charger. Probably should swing slower though.

No idea on this.

F.T.C (Fuck This Cannon) - Launches a slower variant of the Four Hundredth Projectile. I'll be honestly surprised if this even makes it in at all.

Munition Flares sort of do this already.

матрёшка Slith - A Giant Slith that explodes into smaller Sliths, and those Sliths Explode into Pupae. Should be a boss or a obstacle.

Sounds fine.

EXUDragon -Image In the Beta of Unreal, there were DRAGONS! You should convert it to EXU so you can make different variants of it. If you are interested, Send me a PM and I'll send you the file.

Pretty sure Waff made fun of the models in some post, lol. They didn't look bad in Unreal Resurgence though.

Shotgun Trooper - A Skaarj Trooper with a Shotgun. Pretty self explanatory.

Ok.

Flying Tentacle - I dunno how to explain this one tbh. I mean, the Tentacle has movement animations in its files, so why not use em?

Animations for unfinished Tentacle swimming AI more like. Technically, we already have flying Tentacles.

Fucker Predator - These guys were fast enough already, so lets make em even faster eh?

Waff has probably subclasses of these guys ready.
ImageImage

User avatar UTNerd24

Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017, 11:05

You should probably utilize the Gasbag's Alpha textures too.
Damn this bastard is creepy Image

► Show Spoiler

EDIT: Maybe some Low-End settings too? Things like the Shit Blobs and Biohazard gas really kill frames. And Don't get me started on the BioHazard Bomber

EDIT 2: I had an idea for a weapon thats similar to the Juggernaut Cannon; an Elite Hyper Popper Cannon/Mortar.
Primary fire could be a Hyper Rocket or Rapid fire Dispersion Bolts like the Joke Weapon with the really long name.
Secondary is a burst fire of SIX Hyper grenades that all split before exploding.
► Show Spoiler
Pls play Unreal

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019, 03:15

lol that alpha gasbag looks terrifying :lol:

btw, I lately thought of a new pawn, a mix of two elemental race types that are somewhat sorta siblings
You've got the Green Pulse and Blue Pulse (aka Piddledoper)

As you may know, Green Pulse projectiles are known for: BIG projectiles, crazy momentum, pushes baddies away.
and Blue Pulse projectiles: Small projectiles but powerful splash and stunning damage, keeps baddies in place.

Here's my idea if those two are combined:
Let's think of this new Pawn:

Duperdoper Skaarj

This baddie as an endgame-tier pawn, can be found in groups, let's say in Fuckercleave Gorge, has plenty health (2200 HP, maybe more. Remember you've got the RFPC!) and it IS DANGEROUS, it can PUSH YOU + dealing MASSIVE DAMAGE with those BIG BLUE pulse projectiles that explode in your face, and, if it is possible, as a key feature you get stunned if you don't have shield belt then you can't fucking move unless you've got the Translocator to escape (what? completely paralized is not okay, YOU HAVE TO KEEP SHOOTING SOMEDING OKAY)... IF you don't do anything about it, they will push you CONSTANTLY like the Skaarj in UT2004.. assholes

Unless... WE have this situation, you've got some Heavy Boots/Helm (not belt since stunning doesn't work there)
OK, so when they hit you, you will not get pushed away this time, BUT YOU WILL STAY FROZEN IN PLACE WITHOUT MOVING AN INCH XDDDDDDDDDDXDDXDX, THAT MEANS YOU'RE TOTALLY FUCKED FROM AFTER ATTACKS LOOOOOOLOOLOLOLOLOLOL, yes, both ways, pushing you or not, IT IS FUCKING LETHAL and really hypercellent endgame-tier stuff! :D :D :D :D I LOVEEEE iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \o/
Be forced to always use Translocator to backup ur lil ass unless you're mad insane crazy :) :tup:

EDIT #1: Duperdoper Skaarj have splash damage too, which means they can pretty much easily push away other monsters in their way, cleaning terrain easily. yup
And they can't push each other by the way, they have big enough mass or something.

EDIT #1.5: They could spawn at the beginning part of the map.. as it would make it a little too unfair for the last moment if someone's just too enough with the map already hmm

EDIT #2: This here is another pawn, now I am thinking of

Flying tables
like the ones in Infernal Falls, but these move, there is something useful about this, this makes so you don't have to place movers and rebuild all geometry and probably fuck up everything lol.
Imagine them being used in some CA version of the Hellcastle (monster spawn makes it enough CA if ya want, but there wont be paths for the flying tables grrr rawr), not just players can stand on them, monsters too, if you get to kill them, then you will be able to stand on them and move around the map and reach the high heights! :) :tup:

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: EXU2 Ideas: very cool idea

Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019, 02:24

NEW ITEM IDEA:

Portable Joltstones

OH LORD, GIVE THIS A READ! :lol:

So you saw the joltstones from the first map but you don't see them ever again?
WELL, DON'T WORRY BECAUSE WE COVER YOU!

To get portable joltstones you have to shit on a joltstone hard enough until it drops a small shard, which then you can equip. You can shoot it with the flaregun or just drop it, you can't stick it to walls, but INTO MONSTER ASS, then make them explode with the piddlegun \o/

This actually makes the piddledoper more useful than it already is, you can stick it to something like.. i don't know those stupid bags or those annoying jet planes then absolutely toast them with your friends! and that super charger who is a complete idiot not standing near the joltstones WHEN I WANT HIM TO

awww very fun 8) 8) :tup:

Previous Next