Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

== Help Wanted! Contribute to EXU2! ==

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: == Help Wanted! Contribute to EXU2! ==

Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012, 20:48

OH GOD I NEED HELP

I'm doing pretty much everything myself right now, but between all the mapping, design work, coding, and testing, could use a hand or two with other tasks. If you think you have what it takes to do one of these roles at least as well as what's currently in EXU2, apply within! More than one person can work on some of these, too.

Ideally, you would be available frequently and on IRC often. Additional help outside your role would be welcome, but certainly not required or expected!

Rewards include EXU2 repository access for the latest alpha versions of everything, profuse thanks/recognition/official credits, and free beer/homemade meals if you are ever in my neck of the woods. :) And, of course, more influence over the course of the mod itself.

You'll also retain all rights to any original content you create because I'm not an asshole/not making any money here, and you are more than welcome to show off the final product(s) in a portfolio. I'll write you a glowing letter of recommendation, too, if you need one!

USCRIPT KNIGHT:

Good with UScript? I WOULD LOVE SOME HELP! UArchitect has been super busy with real life stuff, so a lot of his work remains unfinished. If we could complete some things, EXU2 would be even more awesome. Here's what's needed:

• Completion of incomplete features (when possible). Many things were partially-implemented and may be at or near a working state, but are beyond my ability to finish, and will be scrapped if nobody can pick up where UArch left off.
  • Help fixing bugs, on and offline. I can do a lot of this myself, but some stuff is beyond me or a pain in the ass to fix myself when I could be working on other things.
  • Help implementing and improving new designs for various things, offering input on best practices, etc.

MODEL WRANGLER:

EXU2 has several in-progress models, some of which need to be animated and/or UVmapped and most of which need to be imported and textured. So if you are able to UV map, export, import into UE1, and skin some models, I would love your help. A lot. A LOT.

You do not need to be able to make models yourself, just deal with existing ones! Though if you can make your own and want to, by all means, go nuts! I still need new weapon models and ammo pickup models for a variety of things, so help with that would be wonderful too!

AUDIO WIZARD:

If you are good with mixing sound effects or even creating good, high-quality effects yourself, I would love to hear samples of your work! Some of the older audio assets in EXU2 need to be replaced, and there's always room to improve existing ones.

Music is covered already, so I'm not in need of a musician so much as just straight-up sound effects. Organic/monster sounds, weapon sounds, explosions, misc. effects, whatever. You get me good quality stuff, I'll find a use for it! Or someone else who makes their own EXU2 content will!

MEDIA MASTER:

EXU2 has a ModDB page that could REALLY use some love. Keeping that page updated about once a month (more is a plus but not needed!) would be great. You'd post new screenshots and info about current and in-progress features as well as put together nice-looking news posts and stuff.

This would save me a lot of time and help the mod get better exposure outside of the Unreal community, which would be awesome! Especially important is keeping it updated with Open Beta patch/version info as updates are released, as well as when any fan content you notice gets made/updated!

Bonus: being able to put together videos, such as trailers or demos showing off gameplay elements, maps, creatures, etc. Anything worth showing, but not too much, of course - don't want to spoil every surprise! That and good-looking screenshots. Really just need to be able to generate media and maintain the ModDB page with currentish stuff instead of many-years-old stuff.

Feel free to PM me applications (really informal here) or post 'em in this thread if you're interested! Thank you thank you thank you SO MUCH if you volunteer to help out! More roles may be posted if needed depending on interest, but for now, this is what I need most.

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Re: == Help Wanted! Contribute to EXU2! ==

Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013, 05:37

It's been a while since I worked on this model, but I finished the first 50 to 60 percent of it so here it is:

Lemme know how it looks. I know for sure that I can do the high poly exclusively. Baking onto the low poly is doable but I'm not the best at optimizing my bakes so keep that in mind (if you want to assume a certain plan of attack on the model based on this possibility). Skinning is something I'm even less equipped to try, although I can do a color bake so you can have full color fill on each part so you can select and overlay textures on the skin (unless I end up doing such a thing myself...might turn out nicely). Firing animation is done, and the other animations should be easy to make, although getting the model to Unreal will be a pain if I tried to do it myself. Might have to ask for some help or instruction on how to do this effectively.

I'm still not sure whether or not the model is too busy or if I can make certain things look a bit better. The front makes me happy, the middle is cool but let me know if you or anybody else have any suggestions (Sana, I'm looking at you since this is your sketch).

So yeah...feedback...
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013, 05:50

sexy. Is that the hyperflakker?
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Jet v4.3.5

Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013, 06:01

TheIronKnuckle wrote:sexy. Is that the hyperflakker?

Yes it is.
ModDb Portfolio

Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013, 15:35

That looks awesome, but I need models that are fully skinned and imported into the engine, and I don't have any idea how to do that from Blender. :/

User avatar Dr.Flay
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013, 01:43

You may find the thread "Sounds and Music for(non)commercial usage" over at UT99.org, very useful for high quality sound effects (I even found some free BBC sound effects).
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4745&start=0

Special attention has been made regarding licensing, and where it is found on the various sites.

User avatar Gizzy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 15 Jul 2013, 13:44

Jet v4.3.5 wrote:....Firing animation is done, and the other animations should be easy to make, although getting the model to Unreal will be a pain if I tried to do it myself. Might have to ask for some help or instruction on how to do this effectively.

I could step you through how to import the model if you want Jet? Or you could send me the model itself and I'd have no problem exporting it and importing it into UT :)

User avatar Jet v4.3.5

Post Posted: 15 Jul 2013, 13:52

Gizzy wrote:
Jet v4.3.5 wrote:....Firing animation is done, and the other animations should be easy to make, although getting the model to Unreal will be a pain if I tried to do it myself. Might have to ask for some help or instruction on how to do this effectively.

I could step you through how to import the model if you want Jet? Or you could send me the model itself and I'd have no problem exporting it and importing it into UT :)

When I'm done with this model, I would very much like to know the steps to this process so I can do it in the future. In fact, right now I have the low-poly and it's been UVd and has one firing animation (plus I can make a test animation if you think trying with multiple anim sets is a good idea). I'll probably be doing this more often, so it's a good piece of knowledge to have. Just note that I'm going to convert this to Vertex Mesh if possible.
ModDb Portfolio

Gameite2260
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 08 Feb 2014, 22:05

Do you need help with the .htm wiki file? I could help you with that.
Gameite; "Shit sounds like a fable to me", till he jumps out the fuckin toilet when you're takin a pee.

User avatar ElectricIce
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014, 21:49

Was reading through your post, and this
Bonus: being able to put together videos, such as trailers or demos showing off gameplay elements, maps, creatures, etc.
Caught my attention.

I Might be able to conjure up a trailer, Adding footage of single AND multiplayer, etc... Feeling inspired to do such a thing at least :D

I'd like to add a trailer I did for my band's Album release date, and I bet I can top that tenfold with an EXU2 trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX1i9LcSEl0

User avatar ElectricIce
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014, 13:19

So my head is swirling with ideas, As a start, is there a way to get the font used in EXU?

Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014, 15:55

It's Microstyle Bold Extended and should be downloadable somewhere!

Gameite2260
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014, 04:42

Hey Bug? You didn't answer my question...

The EXUWiki.htm file. That's heavily unfinished. Do you want me to take a while to just work on that?
Gameite; "Shit sounds like a fable to me", till he jumps out the fuckin toilet when you're takin a pee.

User avatar UArchitect
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014, 00:18

Can I help? I am ver good....sometimes!

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014, 01:21

UArchitect wrote:Can I help? I am ver good....sometimes!

Yeah yeah how about a GIANT LIVING OBELISK as an enemy

Seriously though welcome back UA :shock: :o
ImageImage

Next