Updated 12-5-17, v7.1
CRITICAL GAME-DISRUPTING BULLSHIT
- Saves will sometimes get corrupted. This isn't an EXU bug; it's the engine fucking up. See below for the fix.
- Setting MaxDecals higher than 1000, then saving, will crash UT. This is an engine bug with lists >1000 entries. Leave MaxDecals at 1000 or lower.
- RMusicPlayer: After setting the volume, the slider resets after loading saves or switching levels if you don't restart UT first. To fix, simply choose the volume you want, save, and restart UT. It will stick until you make another change. Repeat as necessary.
- RMusicPlayer: You may get an error message about missing msvcr71.dll every time you load a map with mp3 music. The game will otherwise work (even the music), but it's annoying. To fix, copy the included msvcr71.dll to ..\Windows\System32\ on 32-bit Windows or ..\Windows\SysWOW64\ on 64-bit.
- If you use EXUOpenGL.drv as your renderer, set MaxLogTextureSize to 12 instead of 8 in your renderer settings. This will prevent textures greater than 256x256 from being downsampled.
- Some wiki content is hilariously out of date, particularly the actor classes page.
- Some pawns seriously fuck up their indirect fire aim and miss by a mile while otherwise being competent shots. Mercenaries are also unable to aim indirect projectiles properly while standing still.
- HUD five-item display does not "wrap" the inventory list, currently, so when you reach the end of your list, it displays only four or three items instead of looping back to the beginning.
- The Tachyon Driver alt fire is a bit... twitchy sometimes. You may end up firing an alt burst seeminly for no reason after canceling a primary fire shot. Not sure yet why this happens, but the 'Driver needs a full rewrite as it is.
- Note that while Maps 13 through 16 are released, they are VERY old and outdated compared to Map 12 (the latest revamp), so expect some rough patches in the later maps. They should still be fully playable, and they all load in the editor, so I expect no crashy bullshit at least!
>>> If you encounter anything not listed in here, let me know ASAP in the latest release thread! <<<