A random sentence for a random mind.

== Known Bugs/Issues for v7.2 [Updated 10-27-2020] ==

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: == Known Bugs/Issues for v7.2 [Updated 10-27-2020] ==

Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012, 16:43

Updated 10-27-2020, v7.2

CRITICAL GAME-DISRUPTING BULLSHIT

• The new unofficial UT patch 469A is currently not recommended for EXU2. You can give it a shot, but you may experience rendering and audio glitches due to the new XOpenGL renderer and Cluster audio subsystem. For the moment, stick to the official UT patch 436 for best results.
  • Saves will sometimes get corrupted. This isn't an EXU bug; it's the engine fucking up. See below for the fix.
  • Setting MaxDecals higher than 1000, then saving, will crash UT. This is an engine bug with lists >1000 entries. Leave MaxDecals at 1000 or lower.

General Issues
  • UT's audio engine massacres sound quality the higher you set the ingame volume slider. I recommend keeping it at 50% at most; 100% and you'll hear some absolutely awful distortion and scratching on basically everything in the game! This video is a good indicator of what it generally should sound like.
  • RMusicPlayer: After setting the volume, the slider resets after loading saves or switching levels if you don't restart UT first. To fix, simply choose the volume you want, save, and restart UT. It will stick until you make another change. Repeat as necessary.
  • RMusicPlayer: You may get an error message about missing msvcr71.dll every time you load a map with mp3 music. The game will otherwise work (even the music), but it's annoying. To fix, copy the included msvcr71.dll to ..\Windows\System32\ on 32-bit Windows or ..\Windows\SysWOW64\ on 64-bit.
  • If you use EXUOpenGL.drv as your renderer, set MaxLogTextureSize to 12 instead of 8 in your renderer settings. This will prevent textures greater than 256x256 from being downsampled.
  • Some wiki content is hilariously out of date, particularly the actor classes page.

Gameplay
  • Some pawns seriously fuck up their indirect fire aim and miss by a mile while otherwise being competent shots. Mercenaries are also unable to aim indirect projectiles properly while standing still.
  • HUD five-item display does not "wrap" the inventory list, currently, so when you reach the end of your list, it displays only four or three items instead of looping back to the beginning.
  • The Tachyon Driver alt fire is a bit... twitchy sometimes. You may end up firing an alt burst seeminly for no reason after canceling a primary fire shot. Not sure yet why this happens, but the 'Driver needs a full rewrite as it is.

Campaign
  • The campaign selector thingy says it's v7.1 still because I forgot to update that one string.
  • Note that while Maps 13 through 16 are released, they are VERY old and outdated compared to Map 12 (the latest revamp), so expect some rough patches in the later maps. They should still be fully playable, and they all load in the editor, so I expect no crashy bullshit at least!

>>> If you encounter anything not listed in here, let me know ASAP in the latest release thread! <<<

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: Fixing Save Bugs

Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012, 16:45

Fixing Save Bugs

This engine's save system basically serializes a copy of the entire map + whatever is going on in it at the time. Naturally, in EXU, this means it saves a TON of info. Sometimes, the engine just shits itself. Unfortunately, I have no idea what conditions actually cause this to happen, but it's usually when a lot of stuff is going on all at once.

1. When you notice saves are broken, open the console (press ~ or Tab) and type "showlog"
  2. If you see an "error moving Save.tmp to Save##.usa" somewhere, Save##.usa is corrupted
  3. To fix: save your current game in a different slot (or in any normal slot if your Save666.usa, which is EXU's Quicksave, got corrupted)
  4. Close UT and open your ..\UT\Save\ folder
  5. Delete Save##.usa, where ## = the number of the corrupt save
  6. Reopen UT, load your functional save, and save over the now-dead slot (there will still be a name here)
  7. Try saving again in that slot and it should work. Hooray

I know this is kinda shitty, but it's the best I can do for now!

To avoid this issue, make a save in a new slot at the end of each map before you load the next one. This way, save corruption won't take you back so far. I also recommend starting with a clean slate before you play, i.e. no save files at all. But saves from other map packs should not impact EXU at all, nor should EXU affect them.