ividyon will never get this done, will he.

<EXU2> "G59 - EXPANDED ROUTE Phase 2" v6.01 OUT

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: Re: [UT] <EXU2> "G59 - EXPANDED ROUTE Phase 1" v1.00 OUT [released]

Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013, 14:11

Health is less of an issue than armor. Armor is so, so so important for survival in EXU2, even a single set of Thighpads. It makes the difference between being killed by a single Bio Brute that caught you by surprise and taking some damage but being able to whip around and blast it. And if that brute then drops some health, it's appreciated, but not like OH GOD GIVE IT TO ME NOW. Hell, I often died WHILE I WAS GRABBING HEALTH because more enemies kept spawning in silently (again, silent spawns within your or their line of sight = bad). I also think the fixed indirect aiming made this map a hell of a lot harder, as I'm getting hit by biogel at long range now when before it never was a threat unless I ran through a hallway full of it.

Lack of flares also makes wiping out massed enemies a real challenge. In a map like Neon Lights with infinite enemies, you could even add a few varieties of flares to the loot list, but make them relatively rare (very very low spawn weight compared to the others). That way you can't just grind for flares unless you spend hours doing so, but getting the occasional flare drop is super exciting and useful.

If what you say about the other maps is true, I'm definitely gonna wait until there's a gameplay patch before continuing, and then I'll restart Neon Lights. :tup:

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 06 Feb 2013, 12:18

This is the change log of the patch I'll be posting later today. Note that the full packages won't be updated.
Full packages will be only updated when a new version with new maps will come out; for the rest, you'll just need to get the last released patch.

Game should be slightly easier I think

:: Change Log History ::

[spoiler]<EXPANDED ROUTE Phase 1 v2.01>

>>General Changes
  • Changed version 1.## to 2.## to avoid confusion. Version number will increase with new major releases (i.e. v3.00 with EXPANDED ROUTE Phase 2).
  • "Bugs Section" slightly updated.
  • Added a G59-only Enemy Summon list in the readme, below the "Bugs Section". Watch out at possible spoilers.
  • ALL THE LEVEL SCREENSHOTS are in the Jigoku.u package - a big fuckoff to MyLevel files. G59 is completely devoid of them now.

>>EXU2-G59-00-LimitBurst
  • The hyperspace is darker and more chaotic/creepy. Map screenshot also updated.
  • Something minor else, if you notice.

>>EXU2-G59-01-TheLimbo
  • Naberius has now glowing eyes to make him look more unique.
  • There's a second Hellfire Flare located at the beginning of the level, but in clear sight. Hidden one still left as it is.

>>EXU2-G59-02-VOIDNESS
  • Shadow Broods (the big Pupae) won't have anymore red looking eyes.
  • Fixed the broadcasting message (during the secret event).
  • You can't gib Skaarj carcasses anymore.
  • Removed an useless Ultra Demon Flare and added a Demon Saturation Flare.
  • The final UltraBelt has more charge, useful to prepare you better for the next level.
  • Changed one of the Tsathoggua placements due to collision issues.
  • Added a MunitionFlare. Easily found in an optional area.
  • The Big Shadow Creatures who randomly appear in the map (not the mandatory ones) have 2500 HP. So a single, full shot from the Hyper Flakker is enough.
  • The last Firestorm Generator has slightly higher charge.

>>EXU2-G59-03-Neonlights
  • Moved the EXU Shield Belt in the bridge room (below the landing pad) in a more visible position.
  • Removed the SlimeQueen in the aforementioned bridge room.
  • Morax has some sort of unique body overlay for added visual effects.
  • All the Watchers' enemy spawns will use "Demon Explo" effects, that are much louder.
  • One of the Watchers removed (it never worked anyway).
  • Slime Mercenaries don't drop anymore Plasma Packs - said Plasma Packs are placed in the map instead for all difficulties. RFPC power makes the difference!
  • Watchers spawn creatures with less frequency.
  • Watchers' creatures may drop stuff like CombatSeeds, HellFire Flares and standard armors, other than Health, ShitAmmo and Demon Clips.
  • Added a Munition Flare, HellFire Flare and two Demon Saturation Flares.
  • Removed that floor crack found in the corridors after the first forced swim section. You know which one.
  • Removed the Swamp Brutes at the beginning of the level. They were useless.
  • Added an Armor Seed at the beginning of the level.
  • Hidden Fusion Flare in the landing pad area will appear on Easy and Medium too.
  • All Tachyon Driver ammo placed in the map will appear on Hard and Unreal too.
  • Moved some items to make them more visible.
  • Fixed the BSP bug in the landing pad area, luckily.
  • Slime Queens drop Nuclear Flares.

>>EXU2-G59-04-PerditusParadisus
  • The GasKill Flare is available on Hard difficulty too. Not on Easy and Medium because Gasbags aren't spawned in the map in those difficulties.
  • Armor Seed added near the stuff at the beginning of the level.
  • Removed the little Hyper Brutes in the final room.
  • The secret Bouncilaser Flare near the end of the map is now back.

>>EXU2-G59-05-ElectricMassiveDiver
  • The Hypers have now an orange aura flowing inside their bodies for added visual effects. They're also more visible in this way.
  • Hyper Pupae, instead, are simply much more brighter.
  • Steel Queens don't drop anymore Plasma Packs - said Plasma Packs are placed in the map instead for all difficulties. RFPC power makes the difference again!
  • Screamer missile in the control rooms removed. Too cheap.
  • Two specific Hyper Mercenaries will drop Combat Seeds.
  • All Steel Queens will drop Combat Seeds.
  • Moowis (the Hyper Commander) will drop Nuclear Kegs instead of Mini Kegs.
  • All the Hyper Poppers will drop the Mini Kegs (previously only the ones in the Armoury didn't drop them).
  • Clusterfucker Ammo will appear on all the difficulties.
  • Removed a Bouncilaser Flare that shouldn't have been around.
  • Added two Demon Saturation Flares, two GasKill Flares, two HyperBall Flares, one BioHazard Flare, one Fusion Flare and one Munition Flare.
  • Removed two Nuclear Slith in the small underwater tunnels.
  • Removed all the Coop-only Steel Slith in the three main blood pools.
  • Increased the charge of the EXU ThighPads in one of the rooms near the Armoury.
  • The Demons in their marathon assault may drop stuff like Combat Seeds, Turbo Helms, Nuclear Flares and Health items. This part of the map is tough.
  • Moowis (the Hyper Commander, again) resists a bit against Tachyon Driver attacks.
  • The little Hyper Brutes are all gone. Hate little fuckers.
  • Much less unknown intruders to fight at the end (the final underwater tunnel).
  • The mysterious assassin is much faster on ground, slower underwater.
  • The Magic Armor Seed is available on all difficulties instead of only Easy.
  • Added an Armor Seed near the enhanced EXU ThighPads.

>>EXU2-G59-06-NOTHINGNESS
  • All Demon Clips will appear on all difficulties.
  • The hidden Nuclear Keg is now a Blood Keg.
  • Decreased the health of the spawning Big Shadow Creatures.
  • Placed a Demon Saturation Flare in one of the safe spots.

>>EXU2-G59-07-Exusia
  • Made some of the "shining" glowing orbs at the beginning a bit smaller, and changed their sprites. Much better this way. Some other orbs glow brighter.
  • There's a Magic Armor Seed right at the beginning of the level, for all difficulties.
  • Deleted a Skaarj Fiend from an event, caused trouble.
  • You cannot gib any of the placed carcasses.
  • All the Saints, except the Gasbag ones, have energy flowing inside their bodies, like Hyper entities and Morax.
  • The two Firestorm Generators in the map have 300 points of charge. Should help you more against the enhanced Shadows. You kill millions of them there.
  • Clusterfucker Ammo will appear on all difficulties now (not just Unreal only).
  • Hidden Plasma Sprayer Flare added.
  • Both EXU ThighPads have 550 points of charge.
  • Switched a powered up EXU Shield Belt with an Ultra Belt of the same charge (1800), for the sake of consistency. Also helps more since it's another shield.
  • Added an Armor Seed, a Bio Hazard Flare, a HellFire Flare, a Fusion Flare and a Demon Saturation Flare in the sanctuaries around the Soul Ritual Chamber.
  • Added a Plasma Pack near the last dimension portal.
  • All the enhanced Big Shadow Creature won't have damage boosts. They still have higher health than regular ones though (4000 HP instead of 2500).
  • Added two Plasma Packs behind the pillars in the boss arena.
  • Decreased by 100 the amount of enhanced Shadow Squids/Mantas in one of the ambushes.
  • Made a huge enhanced Shadow Manta ambush slightly shorter.

>>EXU2-G59-08-SHADOWNESS
  • The final enemy has increased Ground Speed.
  • Updated lighting in the skybox. Map screenshot updated as well.
[/spoiler]
ImageImage

Post Posted: 06 Feb 2013, 14:10

Wow, that sounds like a lot of stuff. You make me sad adding only one or two flares to the earlier maps, but enemies dropping them makes it a little better. ;)

Sounds like the gameplay balance is going to get evened out quite a bit, which is good. I'll probably restart from the end of the first map.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: [UT] <EXU2> "G59 - EXPANDED ROUTE Phase 1" v2.01 OUT [released]

Post Posted: 06 Feb 2013, 16:10

Patch released!
For those who never downloaded the full package, you have to get that one first. Then apply the v2.01 patch.
ImageImage

Post Posted: 07 Feb 2013, 04:36

TREMENDOUS IMPROVEMENT

Now I feel like Neon Lights on Hard is almost a little too easy for me (don't worry, this is a good thing), so next time I play G59 it will definitely be on Unreal. I was always able to find armor when I needed it most, but rarely had too much, which is perfect. I had a crapload for the boss, though, who was pretty easy UNTIL my armor ran out, then he became reeeeeally tough. But I reloaded a save after dying once, then took him out without really losing much armor at all. Hellfire Flares and the Tachyon Driver just obliterate his ass. You may want to make him more resistant to the T.Driver because it's just super easy to wipe him out. That said, when I wasn't using the 'Driver, he felt like a real boss, like I'd have to use some skill and tactics and spend some time carefully working him down to low health before finishing him off. There were also way more flares than I expected thanks to drops, which I appreciated.

I also found your secret, but... well, I won't spoil anything ;)

Onto Map 4 tomorrow.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 07 Feb 2013, 11:45

Yeah this is rather weird, I set Morax to have a 0.05 resistance against contacted (so near immune, but I think I'll probably put it to dead ZERO next time), but he still takes a lot of damage. Is "contacted" really the TDriver's damagetype?
ImageImage

Post Posted: 07 Feb 2013, 14:00

MyDamageType=TachyonDamage
AltDamageType=TachyonDamage

Nope! That was the old one. When in doubt, check the weapon class.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 07 Feb 2013, 14:16

Ow well, next time I'll fix that. Map 4 and Map 7 bosses are supposed to be immune against TDriver damage, so yeah avoid using that weapon against them because next time I'll completely patch those and anything else as well.
ImageImage

Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013, 03:37

I beat Map 4. It was a blast. I ran out of shield and thought I was gonna die when the boss was all up in my face, but I used up all my Fusion Flares and utterly massacred everything. That health bar went down QUICK when he got caught up in three of them at once, lol!

Also, I did the little puzzle thing at the end. A Blast Helm for EMD is just... too much. I got through quite a bit of the map before the game crashed (no logs or anything; do you have many hundreds of enemies placed in the map? May want to set some of them to SpawnWhenTriggered for performance reasons and spawn them as the player gets near). I'm gonna restart without the helm instead. Something, anything, else would be better than the Blast Helm for this map, even a Heavy Shield Belt or Firestorm Generator or something. The Blast Helm just makes everything a cakewalk if you still have a lot of armor from the previous map (and I do).

I really, really like the look of this map though, EMD. And I like the visuals you applied to the Hyper enemies. I'll see how I do next attempt without the godmode armor!

[Edit] Ok while I love the infinite Demon fight where the music changes, I can't figure out where to go next. Some glowing panels (distinct from the normal ones) could help a lot! Any clues?

Also, DEFINITELY seconding the Firestorm Generator suggestion after seeing that Demon shitstorm clusterfuck!

Also also: the Demons drop craptons of health, but if god forbid you run out of armor, you'll die too fast to utilize any of it. May want to have them drop less stuff, and drop a mix of health (~40%), armor (~30%), ammo (~20%) and special items (~10%) to mix up the drops.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013, 12:02

Oh shit, not that crash issue again. Where did that happen? When you were fighting the Hyper enemies?

[spoiler]Also, regarding the Demon assault, once you hear that demonic horn, it means a mini-boss creature is spawned (Demon SWAT for the first room, DemonCommando for the second, MegaDemonKrall for the third/final). Killing the mini-boss creature will give you access to the previous room. The demon assault in the room where you trigger the whole thing is just the beginning. However it's much easier later because when you're in the second room, you can go back to the first. If you're in the final room, you can quickly run to the corridors where the forcefield is located and throw Hyper Grenades from there.

The strategy I usually use for the Demon Assault is just finding a correct, safe spot (a la Gauntlet) and using weapons like RFPC (against Gasbags), Clusterfucker's primary in a carefully way (against ground units), Tachyon Driver once possible (like Pupae with many other enemies) and Hyper Flakker for the final room if you run in the corridors (Mega Demon Krall is a pain somewhat). The whole thing is actually really tough, but it's probably the hardest part of the whole pack currently, so don't expect crazier stuff.
There are lots of items found in the blood pools, just check the platforms with the orange/pink floor and search there. Later in the level you'll find more.

As first, second and final, I'm counting those three rooms from where you trigger the assault. Your whole objective is to get to the Armoury room which is found in the final room. Watch out that the armoury has some Hyper units. Inside the armoury there are controls to open the underwater big doors and the forcefield in the previous areas. Both will lead you to the control room in some way, so that's up to you.
The armoury door from the inside, is opened by shooting some glowing wires. There are glyphs pointing to it.

The armoury got also a special, Amplifier-looking item which lets you swim at a faster speed, and it's pretty unlimited so abuse it (otherwise you may be toast against certain Slith :p the presence of the item is hinted in the first Translator Log message of the map).

It's a complex map, I don't know how many of the translator messages explaining rooms and shit can help much. I think I have an idea to figure out how to make the player understand where to go once you finish a full wave of the demon assault.[/spoiler]

I'm glad you like how the EMD looks! The texture usage is supposed to make the place as eerie, alien and unfriendly as possible, and you know the reason once you see certain carcasses around.
ImageImage

Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013, 16:51

The crash only happened once, and it was before the demon carnage zone. It happened just randomly, too; no enemies were near me, as I had already cleared out the area I was in (I think I was right by that broken elevator). Probably a fluke.

Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013, 21:22

Finished. JESUS CHRIST that was awesome. EMD and Exusia are incredible maps.

People, if you like EXU2 at all, play G59. But... one or two difficulty levels less than usual :p

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013, 22:26

Tons of fun following you playing the maps :p

And now it's all about waiting the final group of maps. Not sure when they'll be ever ready though! Stuff gets always more challenging for me to develop.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013, 15:23

Oooops I named the patch "Phase 2", should be Phase 1.

Anyway, updated the MAIN post - next phase got announced.

Little resume of its content:
  • This is the final arc of the story.
  • Four overall long, heavily converted maps plus an ending cutscene. All focused on action this time.
  • A new, overpowered clan to deal against. Each monster is created to attack in specific ways.
  • More Demon pawns and a new boss.
  • Somehow new environment theme.
  • All the previous levels will get slightly revamped sections and possibly new stuff.
  • Map 5 to 8 (EX Phase 1 levels) will be rebalanced to be more challenging.

NO DEADLINE
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 15 Jul 2013, 23:02

News roundup!

Work on the maps have been put on hold until Waffnuffly releases the new patch which will bring a shittons of new stuff and changes. Once that patch gets out, I'll jump back to development hell, updating all the G59 maps with, possibly, tons of improvements and modifications over the old versions.

The new quartet of maps (ER Phase 2) won't be released all at once but by single releases. When a conversion is done, I'll release it. The next G59 patch will enter red zone with Map 9.
ImageImage

Previous Next