Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

<EXU2> "G59 - EXPANDED ROUTE Phase 2" v6.01 OUT

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: <EXU2> "G59 - EXPANDED ROUTE Phase 2" v6.00 OUT

Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015, 20:43

FXANBSS wrote:
UBerserker wrote:Question: did Naberius spawn after you defeated the Demon Mercenary Juggernaut after crossing the bridge?

Second question: what difficulty are you playing on?

1. I was exploring a bit out of the map and i fall in the last place from the map, i saved game, but i don't think that the demon juggernaut will spawn, so i killed it. lol

2. Unreal difficulty. :lol:

With the pentapower you can kill naberius instantly. lol And i don't want to restart the map again because for saving in a bad moment.

EDIT: when i'm going to pick the pentapower, i will do a lot of things in 5 minutes. lol

-Kill Naberius and the gasbags.
-Kill all the demon sliths.
-Kill these lavatitans i not killed before.
-Kill the leviathan.
-Try to get the less damage possible.
-Try to not use too much ammo.

FXANBSS, the way you play sounds like a complete mess, but as long as you're having fun, I guess it's fine! :P
Just don't be surprised if some sequences break when you use cheats to fly all over the maps!
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015, 21:12

Actually yeah, I've right now lowered the penta-power time of a minute and half. You're supposed to only use it in the Unreal difficulty exclusive battle near the hut.
Last edited by UB_ on 06 Apr 2015, 13:49, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015, 04:49

EMD is just as hard as I remember. Perditus is great now - really love that boss fight

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015, 13:32

I didn't change anything in the Perditus' battle haha. Though for some reason the boss is now much more aggressive (what I changed to him: he has slightly higher health and can summon PlasmaSpinners).

I couldn't get to put the glyphs in EMD that would direct/help you during the whole Demon battle once a room was cleared. Glyphs were supposed to be activated by Dispatcher's triggering but they were constantly turned on and whatever I did couldn't fix them.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 02 Apr 2015, 02:31

Ah, the last time I played G59 was probably before Open Beta actually, so it's been quite a while!

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 03 Apr 2015, 21:25

Yeah you did play right before OPEN BETA was out. Basically the only thing you didn't see yet was Map 9, which I haven't touched much for this re-release other than adding fog and making the 2nd and 3rd Queens a bit more dangerous (first one still shoots DoomOrbs, second one now shoots MagatsuBolts, third one shoots a bunch of DemonSkulls all over).
Last edited by UB_ on 06 Apr 2015, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 05 Apr 2015, 16:16

So uh are there any technical downsides for setting all textures to High-Shadow-Detail when it comes to EXU2's gameplay? Or it's recommended leaving them off?

EDIT: ok it seems decent except in Perditus which becomes really unnatural.
EDIT2: ok not I won't touch those.

User avatar jaypeezy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 06 Apr 2015, 04:25

I decided to check out one of the new maps tonight, since I'm trying to revisit Unreal/UT more these days. I checked out Paraditus and EMD for a bit. Paraditus, was nice to see you added some sections into the map, and that huge battle after the titans/archdemon die was pretty intense, too.

EMD was something else though! I can tell you put quite some effort into designing/thinking of a theme for that map. There's this strange unity in theme/color/enemy type that makes the stage feel like its coursing with mechanical energy but, at the same time, vaguely organic in a creepy way. I was very impressed :tup:

Hope to check more out of what you've done, even the older maps before these two, later this week.

User avatar editor Dave

Post Posted: 06 Apr 2015, 13:21

I checked out your maps again, as well. It's interesting to see the change of some textures, the additional areas and the more frequent boss fights. Two things popped up when I played through the maps for another time: 1. Every map has its own feel, all of them in very different visual designs, but also in gameplay. 2. It's way too much work to clear all the maps without cheating for my poor sane soul lol! Exusia is probably the most satisfying experience of them all, though.

I'm looking forward to seeing your polished "Darkening" which I could already enjoy a few years back ^^
Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 06 Apr 2015, 13:40

Oh man editordave, glad to see you recheck the new versions of the maps :)

There's still a lot of amateurish stuff there and there but I guess it works when it comes to stay coherent with the style of mapping in RTNP/Beta levels.
Surely this came such a long way since 2011. I still have this v0.8 readme saved where it says "it's mostly finished" lmao.

Map 9 to Map 11 will break the whole "each map has its own theme" gimmick because there's really nothing I can do with that - it's a whole phase against the new enemies and their own "homeworld". Map 10 will be very VERY hard to develop and it's just 1% complete at the moment. I'm taking a break until May probably.
My objective is to have the whole second phase complete by the end of 2015, then the real finale in the "location" will eventually follow. I have huge ideas for how to deal with that part but for now I won't say a single word!

jaypeezy wrote:I decided to check out one of the new maps tonight, since I'm trying to revisit Unreal/UT more these days. I checked out Paraditus and EMD for a bit. Paraditus, was nice to see you added some sections into the map, and that huge battle after the titans/archdemon die was pretty intense, too.

EMD was something else though! I can tell you put quite some effort into designing/thinking of a theme for that map. There's this strange unity in theme/color/enemy type that makes the stage feel like its coursing with mechanical energy but, at the same time, vaguely organic in a creepy way. I was very impressed :tup:

Hope to check more out of what you've done, even the older maps before these two, later this week.

Haha thanks! The first few levels haven't received that much of a visual improvement (not sure if you played the hi-tech Toxic beforehand), mostly just a new ending in the case of the first map, one or two additional rooms for the third map; as for VOIDNESS, you can enter one previously inaccessible area and the placement for enemies has changed.

EMD had the highest amount of new areas added in and yeah I really enjoyed using that DecayedS' Jupiter set. I really wish to see more maps with those textures (doesn't help the Unreal map that came with them was never released).

Exusia is still the biggest asshole of the bunch and a lot of things still have to be a bit improved (Shadow minibosses being stronger, candles being rotated in the correct way, Saints being able to fit into more places much easily, etc...).

User avatar editor Dave

Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015, 12:00

UBerserker wrote:Surely this came such a long way since 2011. I still have this v0.8 readme saved where it says "it's mostly finished" lmao.

I know this so well! In the one sense I said in the readme of the first version of Unforchers that I needed 100 hours. It was way more, I don't know what I smoked back then when I wrote something like that!
And in another sense that I've become super slow in mapping. But this New Year's resolution was indeed finishing the final package of Unforchers, too. It's going slowly, but steadily... I will pm you again when a beta approaches, if you are ready for it... :B
Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565

User avatar jaypeezy

Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015, 02:13

After some more gaming yesterday, one thing came to mind:

Excuse the dark picture, this is basically one of several generator rooms in EMD. I think rooms like these would be a great use of the new EXU explosive barrels. They'd make sense with the theme and, not to mention, would be fun as hell to just blow up when all those enemies are there :twisted:

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015, 09:41

I placed only one Chemical Barrel in Map 3 but other than that I don't know if I'll use any other one.
The current EXUBarrels are very overpowered for indoor sections and I don't know how to use them at the moment. This is why I haven't used them yet.

editor Dave wrote:I will pm you again when a beta approaches, if you are ready for it... :B

Oh yes I am!

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015, 01:27

A general view on Map 10's feel and theme:
► Show Spoiler

This will be a tough one to work on, much harder than anything I've done so far.

User avatar UTNerd24
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015, 09:38

Is this still active? I have plenty of ideas that could benefit to the project.
Pls play Unreal

Previous Next