Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

Version 5.02 [1/15/13]

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: Version 5.02 [1/15/13]

Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013, 01:08

EXU2: Batshit Insane:. . . . Open Beta (v5.02) / 1-15-13
                      EXU.u:. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .v5.02 / 1-14-13 - 9.5MB
                      EXU2BI.u:. . . . . . . . . . . . . .v5.02 / 1-15-13 - 10.0MB
                      EXU-Sounds.u:. . . . . . . . . .v5.02 / 11-14-12 - 37.0MB
                      EXU-Textures.u:. . . . . . . . .v5.02 / 1-14-13 - 72.9MB
                      RMusicPlayer:. . . . . . . . . . v0.1.4 / 6-7-09

Version 5.02:

Campaign Changes:

• Hellcastle (Menu Map)
    • Misc. improvements and tweaks to lighting, geometry, decorations, etc.
  • Frostclaw Outpost (Map 8)
    • Gameplay tweaks and improvements and some visual touchups.
  • Other Maps (10, 11, 13, 15)
    • Again, misc. technical fixes and tweaks.

Other changes:

• Major HUD updates. All icons have been redone, the translator screen has been redone, and many little bugs have been fixed. Also added ammo warning / critical color changes to the digit readout. Note that the HUD is still very much a work in progress, but it's much more standardized and much nicer to look at than before. Also, chat messages are actually fucking readable now! Yay!
  • HUGE improvements to pawns' abilities to aim with indirectfire projectiles. Instead of having an effective max range with grenades, biogel, heavy plasma balls, etc., pawns will now calculate the proper trajectory for their projectiles based on your distance and the projectile speed, allowing them to hit you at long range with indirect weaponry. Makes certain enemies much more effective in large, open areas, but not all.
  • AntiTankRiotMercenaries now use MedPlasmaBallSP instead of MP. The former has way less momentum transfer.
  • Piddledoper beams now use a new damage type called 'PulseBeam' instead of 'Pulsed' like the primary fire. The reasoning for this will be explained in a later patch!
  • EnergyAR, Hyper Flakker, Clusterfucker, and RFPC now have functional ammo LEDs.
  • Fixed Extractor ammo icon not appearing on the HUD (by giving it one, derp). Flare Gun also now gives a noticeable warning icon when no flares are loaded.
  • New visuals for the Hyper Flakker weapon, ammo, and alt fire grenades! Grenades also have WAY COOLER sound effects.
  • EXUWeapon subclasses no longer disappear after a while when dropped by players or pawns in SP games. They still time out normally in MP, but in SP they will persist forever like health/ammo/etc until picked up instead of vanishing after 15 or 40 seconds of inactivity without being seen (which is what standard weapons do, for some reason).
  • Fixed EXUFly StingDamage variable being hidden. You can now access it for subclasses or map-placed flies, hooray! Thanks UB for pointing that out.
  • Reduced momentum transfer from Tempest missiles by 75%.
  • Fixed Shock Troopers being afraid of the Extractor. They no longer run away like morons when you pull out a melee weapon against them.
  • Fixed EXUSquids being unable to use their melee attack against you under any circumstances. Whoops. Not like anyone noticed, though, since squids are such useless opponents... for now.
  • EXU Shotty now has a single-shot alt fire and shoots five rounds in primary. Currently lacking a reload sequence after five alt shots, but it's getting there. Alt fires quickly but does less damage, though slightly tigher spread, making it better for long-range harassment. Primary is excellent as ever at short range.
  • Fixed bots being unable to aim the EXU Shotty. It technically fires projectiles now, but they're so damn fast it doesn't really make much difference. Except for them being able to kill you, of course. That's a pretty noticeable difference.
  • Demon Skull projectiles (spawned by Archdemon meteors, Demon Krall Elite, etc) are now destructible and can be shot down. Hard to hit, though.
  • RFPC and LRPC projectiles were bugged; plasma burns would not affect any pawns that stood still. This has been fixed.
  • ShitPupae damage increased by 20 in both attack modes. They're slow and relatively weak for their size and speed, so they needed more damage.
  • Lots of under-the-hood code cleanup and enhancements and minor bugfixes.

>>>>> Get the latest version right here! <<<<<

Subject: Re: == Version 5.02 [1/15/13] - Bug Reports & Discussion Thread ==

Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013, 03:46

GOD DAMN IT

Hotfix incoming for tomorrow. There's an accessed none bug in the HUD which spams the log constantly until you pick up an item (weapons/ammo/health/armor don't count here). I'm not going to release a new version, just re-upload the same packages tomorrow at work. Urururggh.

If you downloaded already or do so before I update the download links tomorrow (and I'll say when they have been in this thread), then I'll post an updated EXU2BI.u for you so you don't have to download the whole patch/full package again.

Sorry folks! My bad for not testing the HUD a bit more thoroughly (or at least checking the logs).

Here's the hotfix for now:

http://www.mediafire.com/?9muxv8igt4af4uh

Just replace EXU2BI.u in UT\System\ and resume as usual. Saves should still work (at least from v5.02).

[Edit] Uploads going on now.

Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013, 14:17

OK, that should take care of the hotfix. If for any reason your EXU2BI.u is dated 1/14/2013 instead of 1/15, download the Hotfix. Otherwise, you're up to date.

User avatar Psychomorph
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013, 17:33

:(

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013, 17:42

Looks like Map 6. Is the crash reproducible? Are you using Galaxy or FMOD? I've had RMusicPlayer crash on me a few times but usually not consistently. What sound hardware do you have?

What were you doing when it crashed? Loading a save, fighting monsters, dying?

User avatar Psychomorph
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013, 18:08

I don't know how to load the maps from within UT, so I double click the map .exe (in the maps folder) and UT loads (all maps load that way usually) and crashes with this message. But I usually use and play UT and Unreal mappacks from within the Infiltration 2.9 mod, because I can select them all in the menu and launch. All mappacks that I have installed in UT and Unreal load that way, but EXU2 crashes with this message (so the game doesn't start at the first place).

I had Galaxy, but switched to ALAudio (forgot to switch after reinstall). Same result.

I use Realtech HD Audio (on board audio system on my Asus Maximus V Formula). I am reinstalling the Realtech drivers to newest version, maybe it will fix it. Why is this happening at all? :/

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013, 18:11

Hmm, sounds like either the way you're launching the maps is conflicting with something or some other mod is doing something. Go to UT\System\ and load UnrealTournament.exe, then after ensuring Oldskool is installed and activated, go to New Game, select EXU2: Batshit Insane Open Beta, start, and tell me if it loads the intro map. From there, if it does, type in the console (press ~ or tab), "open EXU2-BI06-Gauntlet" and see if it can load.

Failing that, post your UnrealTournament.log file (also in \System\) on pastebin.com and link it here so I can see if anything is amiss.

User avatar Psychomorph
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013, 18:38

All the same crash. Tried OpenGL, D3D9, Galaxy Audio, ALAudio.

http://pastebin.com/N3usjAWM

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013, 19:00

Going by the log it actually looks more like something is up with Oldskool. Did you install the version that ships with EXU2 Full or did you already have it installed?

Might want to make a new, fresh UT install (just a \UTEXU\ folder so you don't have to blow away your current one), then install it there as the only mod. See if it happens again. The fact it's failing to load level screenshots and calling up weird errors before it even loads RMusicPlayer seems suspicious to me.

User avatar Psychomorph
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013, 22:34

Okay, I figured out what the cause is.

I always install custom maps into a "CustomMappacks" folder inside the UT folder (both, UT.exe and INF.exe got the necessary paths added). In the CustomMappacks folder the folder structure is identical to the UT folder structure (Maps, Textures, System, etc). This always worked, but I guess the EXU2 structure is too complex or specific. Even if I put the oldchool and all other files in both UT and CustomMappacks folders, if the EXU stuff is not in the UT/... folders game crashes. Not a big problem, just screws my sorting tactics.

Works now.

But out of the sudden my .umod broke and can't be extracted, need to use UMod Browser. :shake:

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013, 22:49

Haha, I never got a handle on the custom system paths declaration stuff so I haven't ever tested that! But I'm glad you at least got it working. As for .umods, UTRegFix.exe can repair the file associations for you in a jiffy if you want to still use .umods the easy way :)

User avatar Psychomorph
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013, 00:08

UTRegFix.exe doesn't seem to work. Still broken.

Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013, 00:11

Just UMODs or EXU in general?

Not sure what would fix .umod files if the regfix doesn't do it :/

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013, 13:23

Oh man I'm playing the Hyper Boundary Gate and bio/shit pawns learnt the art of arc trajectory.
ImageImage

Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013, 19:54

Just discovered a major bug at the end of Map 4, Soul Storage. The door to exit the map doesn't open! Whoopsies! For now, open the console with tab or ~ and type "ghost", fly through the door, then type "walk" and exit the map.

I'll have a hotfix patch up this afternoon.

Next