This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

Version 5.02 [1/15/13]

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: == Version 5.02 [1/15/13] - Bug Reports & Discussion Thread ==

Post Posted: 20 Jan 2013, 23:39

Actually I managed to open the final door of Map 4
when it was closing though, perhaps I accidentally touched it and it bumped back.

EDIT: Can't do it again, Mover is set on TriggerControl and the trigger is one-time only so yeah lol. I don't know how I have managed to touch the trigger for a so little fraction of time

Anyway Waff, I couldn't manage to replicate the icon bug in neither BI and G59 for several maps, using or not jigoku.u items. The big difference is that the save system likes to crap itself more in G59.

Any EXUManta pawn won't attack you on Easy (Unreal Mantas are like this too)... including ShadowMantas, however. And I don't think the Shadow counterparts really should be that friendly. Actually this can kill extremely important scripted sequences I have right now in G59 on Easy difficulty about Shadow Mantas.
ImageImage

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013, 02:08

Good find with the Mantas. I disabled that for TurboManta (and thus ShadowManta as well), so any TurboManta subclasses should be properly aggressive. I also disabled the 40% health reduction.

I haven't had a chance to test the G59 save HUD thing, but I'll see if I can repro and ID it somehow.

Working on a few extras for this patch, like selectable Hellcastle navigation beacons for people who have trouble finding the difficulty selection rooms. They are pretty cool so far!

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013, 13:08

Discovered what it is, it's apparently an inventory limit. Once you get too much items the first item icon begin to eat the next item icons. Just summon all kind of EXUFlares and see.
ImageImage

Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013, 18:25

Yeah, it was an array with 20 entries max, whoops. I cranked it up to 100. Summoned every single item EXU2 has to offer (even the really shitty and useless ones) and it didn't ever break. So unless someone places EVERY SINGLE ITEM in a map in large quantities, PLUS as dozen or so more custom ones, it will be ok.

Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013, 18:21

Patch incoming. Should be good for a while barring any unforseen bugs (please let me know if you find any!).

Changes for v5.03:

Campaign Changes:

• Hellcastle (Menu Map)
    • Added selectable navigation beacons leading to difficulty selector rooms for anyone having trouble finding their way to their chosen difficulty portal.
  • Soul Storage (Map 4)
    • Fixed door at end of map not opening properly most of the time.
  • Other Maps (1, 6)
    • Yet again, misc. technical fixes and tweaks.

Other changes:

• Improved Pentapower display on the HUD, plus some offset fixes.
  • All monsters with the Fearless tag no longer run away from you when you have the Extractor selected.
  • PulseSkyTentacle aim error tripled.
  • EXULeglessKrall now fully functional (mostly; slight collision bug remains. EXULeglessKrall collision cylinders are higher than they should be, but for now this is a worthy compromise as they would sink into the floor instead. Prepivot can go fuck itself in its eye sockets).
  • All Demon pawns, Dark Pupae, and Doom Troopers now have glow-in-the-dark eyes.
  • Fixed a HUD bug where icons would start getting duplicated if you carried more than 20 different kinds of selectable inventory items. You can now carry 100 different kinds before that happens, which means every single item in EXU2 (even the shitty ones) plus a dozen or so custom ones. And if a level designer puts over 100 items into a single map, well, they're just crazy!
  • Fixed EXUSeeds bug where activating one would switch you to your next item automatically, even if you still had seeds left.
  • Fixed a bug where no EXUManta classes would attack you on Easy. This behavior is actually intentional from Unreal 1, and is preserved in EXUManta, but TurboManta and below will now attack properly. I also disabled the 40% health reduction for TurboMantas. This should make most Mantas actually dangerous on Easy instead of completely worthless.
  • Fixed EXUFlickeryPulseryThing classes not working online. Also, FaderPanels are now RandoPanel subclasses, and FaderPanels support flickering. They do not work with pulsing settings, though. FaderPanels can also be set to change their texture each time they are triggered back on after being turned off.

Previous