A random sentence for a random mind.

Version 5.03 [1/24/13]

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: Version 5.03 [1/24/13]

Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013, 19:36

EXU2: Batshit Insane:. . . . Open Beta (v5.03) / 1-24-13
                      EXU.u:. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .v5.03 / 1-24-13 - 9.5MB
                      EXU2BI.u:. . . . . . . . . . . . . .v5.03 / 1-24-13 - 10.0MB
                      EXU-Sounds.u:. . . . . . . . . .v5.03 / 11-14-12 - 37.0MB
                      EXU-Textures.u:. . . . . . . . .v5.03 / 1-24-13 - 72.9MB
                      RMusicPlayer:. . . . . . . . . . v0.1.4 / 6-7-09

Version 5.03:

Campaign Changes:

• Hellcastle (Menu Map)
    • Added selectable navigation beacons leading to difficulty selector rooms for anyone having trouble finding their way to their chosen difficulty portal.
  • Soul Storage (Map 4)
    • Fixed door at end of map not opening properly most of the time.
  • Other Maps (1, 6)
    • Yet again, misc. technical fixes and tweaks.

Other changes:

• Improved Pentapower display on the HUD, plus some offset fixes.
  • All monsters with the Fearless tag no longer run away from you when you have the Extractor selected.
  • PulseSkyTentacle aim error tripled.
  • EXULeglessKrall now fully functional (mostly; slight collision bug remains. EXULeglessKrall collision cylinders are higher than they should be, but for now this is a worthy compromise as they would sink into the floor instead. Prepivot can go fuck itself in its eye sockets).
  • All Demon pawns, Dark Pupae, and Doom Troopers now have glow-in-the-dark eyes.
  • Fixed a HUD bug where icons would start getting duplicated if you carried more than 20 different kinds of selectable inventory items. You can now carry 100 different kinds before that happens, which means every single item in EXU2 (even the shitty ones) plus a dozen or so custom ones. And if a level designer puts over 100 items into a single map, well, they're just crazy!
  • Fixed EXUSeeds bug where activating one would switch you to your next item automatically, even if you still had seeds left.
  • Fixed a bug where no EXUManta classes would attack you on Easy. This behavior is actually intentional from Unreal 1, and is preserved in EXUManta, but TurboManta and below will now attack properly. I also disabled the 40% health reduction for TurboMantas. This should make most Mantas actually dangerous on Easy instead of completely worthless.
  • Fixed EXUFlickeryPulseryThing classes not working online. Also, FaderPanels are now RandoPanel subclasses, and FaderPanels support flickering. They do not work with pulsing settings, though. FaderPanels can also be set to change their texture each time they are triggered back on after being turned off.

>>>>> Get the latest version right here! <<<<<

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: == Version 5.03 [1/24/13] - Bug Reports & Discussion Thread ==

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2013, 22:37

I still want to kill myself because I totally forgot about the spire/invincibility room in Corruption

ImageImage

Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013, 06:33

This patch has been a lot buggier than even I expected, at least when it comes to netcode and level design problems. Next patch won't be out for a while as I want to take a good month or so to really re-test the campaign thoroughly, which I haven't done in god knows how long. Please keep reporting bugs; I've been updating the Known Bugs thread recently to stay on top of things.

On the plus side, I'm also going to have a rather significant amount of changes to campaign maps added in the next patch, including hopefully the redesigned Doom Arena (Map 12). I've also added lots of "fine art" to Hellcastle. It's hilarious.

Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013, 18:20

Update: patch stuff is going well, but more immediately significant is that I've switched image hosts from Photobucket to Amazon S3. Please let me know if I broke any images or something doesn't load.

I had to switch because Photobucket recently introduced a change where all images linked out on the web (such as UB's in this thread) are resized to 1024x### if they are bigger than that. This broke all my screenshots, as you can see if you look at the old Demo 4 thread and try to view full-size screens. However, I did talk to Photobucket support to explain why this is such a bad idea, and they are actually planning to undo this change by April, but that's too late for me, so I've switched!

Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013, 03:47

Another update: I've just finished three of the four types of new EXU explosive barrels and will soon start adding them to levels, and I recently completed a special kind of environment hazard for certain landscape areas. Now, I know what you're thinking: who gives a shit? Every FPS ever has explosive barrels; we are SO TIRED of this shit. Oh, but you haven't seen EXU's barrels yet. Just wait. Explosive barrels are already a lot more entertaining, but the Chemical Barrel, Soul Canister, and Gore Tank are going to be all kinds of fun. You can push them around and set up ambushes, too! But not all barrels are easy to detonate, so you had better be prepared when you try to spring your trap.

Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013, 18:42

I've got a LOT of new stuff in this next patch with still more to come. Progress has been good lately. Here's a preview of what to expect (but not when to expect it, of course):

Upcoming Version 5.04 Suff:

New Pawns:

DemonBehemoth: Fires seeking demon skulls.
DoomBrute: Has a powerful burst-fire machine gun.
EXUPredator: From RTNP. Fully functional EXU-based Predator.
EXUSpinner: From RTNP. Fully functional EXU-based Spinner.
PlasmaBrute: Rapidfire bursts of plasma with the occasional medium plasma ball two-shot.
ShrapnelSpider: Spinner that blasts you with flak chunks.
TachyonCharger: Don't let this thing get close. You'll regret it.

Campaign Changes:

• Hellcastle (Menu Map)
    • Added some fine art all over the map. Very fine art.
    • Did some more minor visual tweaks to the skyboxes.
    • Fixed a few technical issues and discrepancies, general polishing/fixing semi-stupid stuff.
  • Infernal Falls (Map 2)
    • Improved AI pathing and expanded enemy movement abilities.
    • Fixed geometry error inside cave by the steel boxes. The invisible wall is gone, improving movement.
    • Added indicator to the ending door showing whether it's locked or unlocked (unlocked once miniboss is destroyed and indicator disappears).
    • Improved environment art.
  • Gauntlet of Pain (Map 6)
    • Rebalanced gameplay a bit in the last two combat arenas to include additional health and armor drops via pawns.
    • Major improvements to geometry stability in the entire level.
  • Doom Arena (Map 12)
    • Massive visual and gameplay overhaul complete. This one's like a brand new map, vastly superior to the older version.
  • Blackness (Map 14)
    • Significant improvements and polishing in certain areas.
    • Fixed a few geometry / collision bugs.
  • Highlands (Map 15)
    • Fixed music not restarting when loading a save.
    • Added inventory drops to enemy respawner systems. Enemies that spawn nearby now have a small chance of giving you some kind of item.
    • Improved visual touches here and there. Oh also, I literally saved like THREE FUCKING HOURS OF WORK by writing a brushbuilder that did everything in ONE CLICK! OH HELL YEAH FUCK, JESUS CHRIST, BRUSHBUILDERS. THEY ARE FUCKING CRAZY DARK MAGIC SHIT AND I LOVE THEM
  • Other Maps (3, 4, 8, 11)
    • Oh my god, again, and I mean AGAIN, misc. technical fixes and tweaks.

Other changes:

• Fusion balls, firebombs, demonic / fire meteors, and sky fire projectiles now have burn proxies applied (like RFPC plasma projectiles), so near-misses will still scorch you a bit.
  • Tachyon Driver primary fire can now be disengaged without firing by hitting alt fire while holding a charge. Alt fire Tachyon Storms can now also affect bots and players (if they are not on your team). Also improved the visuals a bit for primary fire (plus better netcode).
  • Fixed Piddledoper MP beams not using the right effects when Pentapowered.
  • Improvements to GenericSpawner. Handy for level designers.
  • Added the Biopod decoration. It can be configured to open up and spawn any sort of horrible monstrosity after taking enough damage.
  • Major optimizations for effect lighting which should help prevent crashes and slow performance whenever lots of performance-intensive visual effects are spawned at once.
  • Added EXUExplosiveBarrel and subclasses. These are found in several maps and are a lot more interesting than your standard FPS hazardous barrels.
  • Added Joltstone environmental hazards to some maps. Joltstones react violently when shot with the Piddledoper primary (or Shock-type projectiles), but not the beams. They are useful as stationary damage-enhancing hazards, and they can chain-react or set themselves off if their sparks make contact with other nearby joltstones.
  • EXU flak chunks now have a ballistic drop trajectory after a second or two of flight time. This means that they will fly out straight, but then fall to the ground once they have been in the air for a little bit, limiting their max effective range.
  • The Extractor can now manually fire its gore blast if you have at least 15% of the ammo tanks filled! It takes a bit longer to completely fill the tanks now, but you can fire the blast much quicker than before, just with fewer chunks. At 100% capacity, it launches 48 gore pieces. So while you can fire sooner for a quick damage boost / ranged attack, suck up to maximum for the motherlode. Also fixed Extractor bug where the primary fire DamageType was using the gore blast mode's DamageType instead of the correct one.
  • Included a \d3d10drv\ folder for your ..UT\System\ directory if you use D3D10. I don't use it, so I didn't realize it was required. Whoops! It's part of the full install package now.
  • Fixed Archdemon fire so that the effects scale with the size of the pawn, though the emitters currently do not.
  • Robotic enemies now have a small chance of playing a loud explosion sound and blasting out chunks of metal when they take damage. It's random, but rare. Looks cool!
  • Added EXU2MiscTex.utx to the texture packages list. So far this just has Hellcastle art in it, but may have more stupid shit in the future!
  • Fixed Tachyon Driver alt fire lightning storm buggeration and fuckery online.
  • Fixed EXUGrenade subclasses online. The parent was set to bNetTempoary=True, which is VERY BAD for unpredictable actors online. Set it to false, so this should fix lots of grenade types. Also fixed seriously bugged out Hyper Grenades.
  • Level designers: Fixed RandoPanels selecting a texture from the full list of Glows textures rather than from however many textures are actually specified. Now, if you only list 5 or so, it will select from those 5 instead of from the full list (which would mostly be None).
  • Fixed Extractor being able to damage Watchers and Sentinels. Full Ammo bucket no longer gives ammo to the Extractor, either.
  • Dark Pupae improved and redesigned. They now behave a bit more like Demon Pupae, but are not Demon-type enemies. Instead, they shift between being corporeal and incorporeal. They only become corporeal while attacking, and are otherwise invulnerable. Have fun with those little fuckers!
  • Blast Bapes and Insane Boots further visually differentiated from EXU Jump Boots (first now has orange glows, second has red).
  • Default charge for EXU Jump Boots doubled from 15 to 30.
  • Chaos Barrel ammo capacity and pickup ammo amount doubled from 2 to 4.

Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013, 23:01

These things are fun. The awesome mesh is provided by Enzyme!

And guess what I got working? Among zillions of other things.

Can't wait to release this patch. So much cool stuff has been added.

User avatar Jigoku
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013, 11:28

Holy HELL that's awesome. :tup:
Trying to get back into the swing of things.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013, 11:45

Jigoku^?
lol?

Also nice the crystals, another thing I'll use.
ImageImage

User avatar Jigoku
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013, 23:11

My name change is about stuff I don't want to throw out here but I DID get it from G59. :P
Trying to get back into the swing of things.

Post Posted: 05 May 2013, 04:49

... Jesus Christ.

The amount of stuff I've added, fixed, and improved has increased so much over the past couple of weeks, I can no longer call the next patch v5.04.

Prepare yourselves for EXU2 v6 some time this month.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 05 May 2013, 16:47

Waffnuffly wrote:Prepare yourselves for EXU2 v6 some time this month.

Good, I can keep being a lazy ass and not working on stuff until V6 is out :>:>:>
ImageImage

Post Posted: 30 May 2013, 18:18

Waffnuffly wrote:Prepare yourselves for EXU2 v6 some time this month.

Did I say some time THIS month? WELL!

The changelog grows with every... passing... moment. Glory... to the flesh. Glory. To the mass.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 30 May 2013, 23:45

zomfg i'm still on version 3 XD

gotta get my shit together man!
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

Next