Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

Version 6.00 [10-31-2014]

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: == Version 6.00 [10-31-2014] Discussion ==

Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016, 17:05

Oh crap, no that thing, first shitstorm and now this.
Somehow the SuperCharger are harder to find, this is not fair. (At least they give you that thing that explodes.)
Luckily one of these spawned in Infernal Falls while playing Co-op + a Clusternuke dude in that rock. (Because i played it like tons of times.)
All the place exploded. \o/

Ok, checked all the 12-16 maps of the v5 version in this v6 version, all seems to run fine, except of map 13, i better wait and do not touch these for the moment until their v6 version.

Bugs and things ZONE.
----------
EDIT: Oh crap, why i am not telling you this bug, well, i don't know if i can PM you right now but i don't want to put million posts about bugs and bugs and BUGS! help!
- k, the extractor can destroy decoration far away, carcass too. LMAO (By clicking fire repeatedly.)
- Never use DirectX10 or any version, anything looks horrible, omfg, do not fix this because it's a headache i know.
- Look above in my post if you haven't read it, there are more bugs report (I will stop editing that post though.), and i will bomb this place with bugs, there are tons and tons that i forgot when posting. :(

EDIT2: Another bug, the second piddledoper, when the ammo is under 50, when it can't use stun blast, if you use the two fire modes, the second piddledoper just fires laser and piddlespheres at same time, and it wastes less ammo somehow.

EDIT3: Yo, i decided to complete EXU2 1-11 maps in one day (Offline coop mode, easy difficulty.), i have done most maps in a single try (Without save games.), it was easier than expected, though i have skip some parts of maps because some of them were pretty hard. (Gauntlet for example, i have skipped to the last part, also i got the LRPC, again.)
I got 3 Seed Seeds and 3 LRPC packs for the LRPC.
► Show Spoiler

Oh, and a little bug that idk if it's bug, look at the EXUKrall fire offset...
I grant you the ultimate power!

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016, 06:35

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016, 10:47

That's actually really good, the fact you need to shut down those chargers in the trashcans is genius. I'm just baffled though how hard it was to turn a map called Dark Arena to good EXU2 standards.

Funny how the exit still looks normal lol
ImageImage

Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016, 16:36

Nobody went through the smashed doors to excavate it yet :V

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016, 17:47

That looks pretty damn sweet and I particularly love the architecture and small touches like the re-supplying crates, but the gameplay raises some questions.

Is that trash dumpster trapping of the Charger the intended path to complete the encounter, or is it just a fun little option you built in? If the former, is that even communicated to the player?

Also, what about the doors at the exit? Are they destructible from the start, and you can just pass through and leave as soon as you get there? If they become destructible later, is there an indicator for it? etc.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016, 18:04

There are messages at the start indicating that the only way to stop the charger is to trap it, though I will add an in-game broadcast as well as a reminder. You can lure it into one of three different dumpsters. Also, you only face a Superb Charger on Hard and Unreal difficulty - Easy and Medium get a modified, indestructible Psycho / Ultra Charger, respectively.

The doors are destructible from the very beginning, but only the Tachyon Driver has enough front-loaded firepower to destroy them. Also hinted at via messages, but may need to be more overt.

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016, 21:55

Do not forget the hint barrels!

The door can be destroyed with a Munitions Flare too, or a artillery missile.
A ultra charger for easy and medium is too much because that thing can insta hit you and it pushes you to the f*ck away, what about a standard Super Charger or a healthly Psycho Charger?

----------
EDIT: More bugs zone.
► Show Spoiler

Things or problems zone...
► Show Spoiler

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016, 20:31

User avatar jaypeezy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016, 17:56

:lol: That's so freaking silly. I almost wish they had thought clouds coming out of their heads.
I've been amused many times by seeing scriptedpawns get derped out in various ways.

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016, 09:43

This is looking interesting.

Any ETA on the next major update?

I just got my old EXU2 server box up and running again today. (It is still on ver. 5.0)
Want to update the EXU on it, and on my Ecoop servers, but if the next update
is gonna be out soon, I will wait for it.
Mooo !

Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016, 15:27

MrLoathsome wrote:This is looking interesting.

I just got my old EXU2 server box up and running again today. (It is still on ver. 5.0)

I'd like to have something to release by summer if possible, though progress is always slower than I expect!

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 04 Mar 2016, 09:27

Buff Skeleton wrote:
MrLoathsome wrote:This is looking interesting.

I'd like to have something to release by summer if possible, though progress is always slower than I expect!

This is good. Everything takes me way too long also.
(5 years of testing Demo 4? 5?? :D Tested so long I forgot what I had on there....)
Maybe I still have time to give you some feedback & input.

Slammed v6.0 on my servers yesterday. Only 1 major issue.
Noticed a few minor HUD glitches in testing, but want to make sure they
are not due to some config error on my end before I bore you with them.

The "major" issue is the RMusicPlayer.

Is there any way you could make that optional, or just not used at all for coopgames?
(Or perhaps revert back to the version included with demo4...... :rolleyes: )

EXU2 v.6.0 global online status ATM:

Clients can only connect to Jaypeezy's server if they have the RMusicPlayer
files included with v6.0 already installed. If not, UT crashes due to the missing dll.

Clients can only connect to my servers if they have NO RMusicPlayer files installed, or
have the old version. If no RMusicPlayer installed, dummy file is sent. They can play
but no music. If they do have the old version installed, music plays great, if they
have the new music files local. If RMP version included with v6.0 is installed, mismatch.....

Neither config is ideal. .afCore created the linux server specific RMusicPlayer.u file
and the dummy file I have on the redirect that makes this work with the older version.
But I haven't heard from him in well over a year. I have a vague idea of what he did, but
doubt I would be able to even explain it well, let alone recreate it for the newer version.

And that isn't even a good solution, as it would only help me. :B (And not that much...)
Even if Raven decided to work on it again and make a linux server version, that would
still have the same issue. No .dll on client. No .so on client. etc....

If there was a way to just turn all the music off for coopgames, that would be the easy fix.

The music is great, and RMusicPlayer is great also, offline. Online it is giving me a headache.
:cry:
Mooo !

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 04 Mar 2016, 18:06

What about converting MP3 to UMX? it should work.

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 04 Mar 2016, 22:07

FXANBSS wrote:What about converting MP3 to UMX? it should work.

That would solve all the various issues I mentioned. RMusicPlayer could be taken out
completely.
Mooo !

Post Posted: 04 Mar 2016, 22:16

FXANBSS wrote:What about converting MP3 to UMX? it should work.

Horrible solution. You'd have 200MB wav files packaged up into a highly lossy format. There's a reason people don't do this.

As for the RMusicPlayer coop stuff, I don't even know for sure if that's possible... and honestly can't really invest a lot of time into researching it since it's kind of an edge case. I run dedicated servers for testing all the time and never have issues, but it's a windows machine. Maybe a windows VM would be a good call.

Previous Next