Scout-kun is a lie... right?

G59 -RevolveR- X [OBSOLETE]

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: <EXU2> "G59 -RevolveR- BALANCE OF THE OUTERWORLD"

Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016, 11:54

Remember that castle map

it's being worked on and HOLY SHIT
ImageImage

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016, 21:03

UBerserker wrote:Remember that castle map

it's being worked on and HOLY SHIT

Good to know! :D Balance of the Outerworld seems awesome too, I hope to give it a try in late August.
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016, 01:20

If you're editordave or perhaps one other else, you might remember this dogshit from years ago

This is what it has become

it's not done yet, need to add a lot of details of the big castle, the interior of it and what's beyond it, plus I need to fix technical issues because there are occasional "occlude bsp" crashes (not sure what causes those but I'm assuming it's when the engine can't render clusterfucks quick enough?). Skybox is full 3D.

The gameplay part is done aside from the boss and the whole map might be completely playable by the end of this week. Afterwards only the last level remains to be done which is going to be mostly walking until you meet the final boss.
ImageImage

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016, 01:40

Awesome man, you're making your own fucking castle of doom and it seems it's becoming suitably terrific! :)
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar editor Dave
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016, 11:46

Oh, this looks very pleasing to shoot around at hordes of enemies. The lighting isn't final, is it? Because the towers seem to be too bright/white. Other than that, I'm interested in seeing the finalized monument!
Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016, 12:26

Yeah, everything looks now a bit more orange-ish. There isn't much room for a lot of detail and I'm still unsure if the whole thing will have a fully explorable interior (because there are no enemies inside).

Map's main song will be Fragmented https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMUmDQ28bfQ the video inspired me the the whole map remake
ImageImage

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016, 02:18

I guess this will be one of the hardest maps, i mean, DON'T FREAKING PLAY THIS AT UNREAL DIFFICULTY.

I think i will suffer a bit from this map as a "don't save in mid-game" player. :P
I grant you the ultimate power!

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016, 10:53

It'll be a death trial (all the beefed up pawns are used and they're mostly hitscan and highly durable) on any difficulty. There's almost no filtering whatsoever save few exceptions on Easy and Unreal (Medium and Hard are absolutely the same). You are going to die quite a fucking lot; basically the gist of the level is that you access the castle's front plaza (basically the old EFNP map revamped) which is open ended, so you can go anywhere, kill anyone you find and getting attacked from any direction. All the actions take in the whole plaza while the castle is free of enemies.

And yeah I decided that you can explore the whole castle except some closed rooms. It's heavily inspired from Waff's one though this isn't as big and it's mostly a place of military purposes. Compared to Hellcastle it's less impressive but not safe-looking (no music, no more outside wind and by the time you enter all demons all dead so it's sort of lifeless). Exploration is completely optional as you can go straight to the courtyard where the King is waiting (the door to it is unlocked after a minute or so though). The exterior top of the castle won't be legitimately accessible however.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016, 23:34

Here we go. Still have to do the whole boss sequence and the exit area. Honestly I'm pretty cool that I've managed to do out of the blue something on a bigger scale

Front

At the end
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 11 Sep 2016, 02:20

Yess YES YEEEEEEEEEEEES placed the exit teleporter! FINALLY reached the last map, I can put my hands again on the blue level I've made many years ago. I'm so happy that the dream of G59's campaign being done is closer than ever.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016, 11:02

Added three more screenshots.
ImageImage

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016, 19:51

:tup: Good to know this is progressing nicely!

User avatar UTNerd24
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016, 05:21

Hey UBerserker, I was using some of the monsters in the Monster Spawner mod and this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1VPmg-YNb0

Go Home Morax, you're drunk.

Seriously though, was he trying to in-fight or what?

EDIT: On a semi-related note, the Dynamic Ambiance in the Ancient Scapes get cut off very quickly for some reason. It may be because of the existing ambiance.
Pls play Unreal

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016, 10:02

Yeah it's a generic monster AI issue. Rarely when they fly over the target the AI goes apeshit for some reason.
The AS sound issue is due to special event sounds covering momentarily the rest, nothing I can do about that because Galaxy is just very limited.
ImageImage

User avatar UTNerd24
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016, 10:13

All good. By the way, you should add Bosses that spawn after a certain amount of kills. Now, I know that would kinda mess up your lore and what not, but It just adds to the innovation and in addition to the Outerdarks, will keep players on their toes.

Example, You're just doing your thing, then you've killed 2000 monsters and BAM! There's The Black Knight.
In addition, maybe reward players for a higher number of kills/killing bosses with one of the Pillars.
Pls play Unreal

Previous Next