ividyon will never get this done, will he.

== Version 7.2 [3-10-2018] Discussion ==

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

User avatar UTNerd24
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject: Re: == Version 7.2 [3-10-2018] Discussion ==

Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018, 14:29

Tell EBM the TML is a godsend.
As for the scraps, you should make a function where they are drawn towards you at a short radius
I mean, I would myself, but I don’t know jack about directional gravity.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018, 05:47

Yeah, like the new Doom. I had considered that, but it's a bit resource-intensive to do it in this game so it'll probably just stick to normal pickups. Fortunately, though, their collision radius is oversized, so you don't have to be right on them to grab them.

I also ended up having to make respawning creatures work through a beacon system. It was too difficult (and in some ways impossible) to make respawning + legless Krall + overlays all work together online. Using a beacon solves all of that. Respawn cancellation triggers still work too, since the respawn beacon keeps a string of the original instance on file, and the cancellation trigger notes the instance as well (storing it as a string there too). When it comes time to find beacons, it searches for all beacons in the map, then compares the stored instance strings. So you still just specify the instances in the list and bam, it handles all the rest itself.

User avatar UTNerd24
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018, 08:26

Gotcha. By the way, I have the roadmap for my own SP project set. Should I wait for 7.3 First or nah?

Previous