Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

== Version 7.2 [3-10-2018] Discussion ==

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E
Posts: 4132
Joined: 15 Dec 2007, 00:46

Subject: Re: == Version 7.1 [12-5-2017] Discussion ==

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017, 05:43

Yes, that's intentional. It's so you can get credit for kills made by Jolt Chargers running around if you shoot at it. It's basically a mobile Joltstone that also wants to kill you.
Image

UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest
Posts: 7839
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 21:00

Subject: Re: == Version 7.1 [12-5-2017] Discussion ==

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018, 14:33

DoomTrooper and its variants are broken, they spawn with no weapons. Be it through editor or through summon.
Also another thing is that Queens can use their shields, which looks extremely weird on some of her variants.
EDIT: got reported that BioFlares crash the game if it hits Pupae.
ImageImage

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin
Posts: 104
Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 19:36
Location: South 'Merica

Subject: Re: == Version 7.1 [12-5-2017] Discussion ==

Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018, 07:55

Doomtroopers are bugged at least in v7.0. I completely forgot to install the patch so I got stuck in map 15. This calls for a 3rd playthrough and a clean install (at last).
M'nali

UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest
Posts: 7839
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 21:00

Subject: Re: == Version 7.1 [12-5-2017] Discussion ==

Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018, 10:05

The entire EXUSkaarjTrooper class is broken that way, also map 15 is still broken in v7.1.
ImageImage

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin
Posts: 104
Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 19:36
Location: South 'Merica

Subject: Re: == Version 7.1 [12-5-2017] Discussion ==

Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018, 15:09

That's a bummer. I'll be playing and replaying other maps, then.
M'nali

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E
Posts: 4132
Joined: 15 Dec 2007, 00:46

Subject: Re: == Version 7.1 [12-5-2017] Discussion ==

Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018, 00:27

This doesn't happen if the gametype is EXUGame. EXU Skaarj Troopers work fine in EXU maps. So it's probably something that Oldskool is doing. May or may not be able to fix it.
Image

UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest
Posts: 7839
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 21:00

Subject: Re: == Version 7.1 [12-5-2017] Discussion ==

Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018, 00:31

Buff Skeleton wrote:This doesn't happen if the gametype is EXUGame. EXU Skaarj Troopers work fine in EXU maps. So it's probably something that Oldskool is doing. May or may not be able to fix it.


EXU2Game too, I spotted the bug while testing DoomTroopers in G59
ImageImage

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E
Posts: 4132
Joined: 15 Dec 2007, 00:46

Subject: Re: == Version 7.1 [12-5-2017] Discussion ==

Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018, 00:48

UBerserker wrote:EXU2Game too, I spotted the bug while testing DoomTroopers in G59


I've been testing them and they're working just fine on this end. Does G59 use a different GameInfo?
Image

UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest
Posts: 7839
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 21:00

Subject: Re: == Version 7.1 [12-5-2017] Discussion ==

Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018, 01:08

Buff Skeleton wrote:
UBerserker wrote:EXU2Game too, I spotted the bug while testing DoomTroopers in G59


I've been testing them and they're working just fine on this end. Does G59 use a different GameInfo?

No. Also tested in a separate testmap and they still had no gun. For clarity I tested the regular old SkaarjTroopers and they work. Not sure what to do.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E
Posts: 4132
Joined: 15 Dec 2007, 00:46

Subject: Re: == Version 7.1 [12-5-2017] Discussion ==

Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018, 01:11

I found the issue, but I'm not sure why it only bugs out in non-EXU gametypes.
Image

UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest
Posts: 7839
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 21:00

Subject: Re: == Version 7.1 [12-5-2017] Discussion ==

Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018, 01:23

Mind you, I don't know if the bug happens outside EXU gametypes, I solely tested under EXU2Game; something with the UT installation maybe.
ImageImage

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E
Posts: 4132
Joined: 15 Dec 2007, 00:46

Subject: Re: == Version 7.1 [12-5-2017] Discussion ==

Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018, 02:07

OK, fixed it. Had to use a bit of a hack, but it works both inside and outside EXU gametypes!

I've fixed all the other misc. bugs brought up in that EXU2 Actors thread save for the Brutes in waterzones thing. That's such an extremity it's probably not even worth worrying about for now.
Image

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord
Posts: 806
Joined: 14 Jul 2013, 16:42
Contact:

Subject: Re: == Version 7.1 [12-5-2017] Discussion ==

Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018, 14:25

Buff Skeleton wrote:OK, fixed it. Had to use a bit of a hack, but it works both inside and outside EXU gametypes!

I've fixed all the other misc. bugs brought up in that EXU2 Actors thread save for the Brutes in waterzones thing. That's such an extremity it's probably not even worth worrying about for now.


Excellent, thanks :D will re-download the entire EXU2 package this evening
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest
Posts: 7839
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 21:00

Subject: Re: == Version 7.1 [12-5-2017] Discussion ==

Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018, 17:25

He hasn't upped the new patch yet.
ImageImage

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord
Posts: 806
Joined: 14 Jul 2013, 16:42
Contact:

Subject: Re: == Version 7.1 [12-5-2017] Discussion ==

Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018, 23:55

UBerserker wrote:He hasn't upped the new patch yet.


Oh I see! Thanks, will wait a bit then. :)
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

Previous Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest