EXU2: Batshit Insane: v7.2 / 3-10-2018
Version 7.2 [3-10-2018]:
This is a pretty small patch in terms of content, mostly delivering fixes for code and some map tweaks. The most notable differences are fixed collision issues with EXU Krall, and improvements to legless mode for on and offline play (i.e. it actually works properly now in both modes for ALL EXUKrall classes).
Oh, and HEAVY MERCENARIES ARE BACK! Fuck yes! I finally got around to cleaning up the code and getting them functional again. I plan to make MANY more variants of these eventually. For now, just HeavyShrapnelMercenary is available, but expect others in future patches.
Version 7.1 [12-5-2017]:
This patch brings some fixes and improvements to the campaign levels, primarily, but a couple of minor code changes as well. The most significant changes are major improvements to Map 12's level design to make the objectives clearer, and a reverted version of Map 15 that should actually work as intended (the release version was an alpha version I was testing stuff on, and has a ton of broken shit).
No new content this go-around, since I focused on map fixes primarily, but I think the next patch may well have some new maps!
Version 7.0 [10-31-2017]:
God damn, what an enormous "patch" this has become. It's been three years since the last release, so I'm not even going to bother with a fuckin' changelog god damn. Way too much effort for that, and nobody reads this shit anyway! I'm gonna just list some of the more fun new enemy classes I can think of off the top of my head, and will probably do a real changelog later on when OCD strikes.
There isn't a lot of strictly NEW content this time, but I mean, three years of bug fixes and code improvements. And visual effects and stuff. And audio. And loads of UED tools. ASSController improvements. Squad modules for the Advanced Spawner System. Netcode performance gains. You'll notice a lot! Maybe! Or maybe not! I don't know really.
NOTE: The campaign has not been fully-tested recently, but Maps 1 through 12 should be fine. I included 13 through 16 this time around as well since they load in the editor and should be playable, but I haven't actually modernized or tested them in aaaaaaaages, so expect either bugs or rough patches compared to the revamped stuff like Map 12. But I figure releasing them is better than letting them rot on my hard drive, eh? More revamps are underway, such as Map 15, which will be a huge change! One day!
Notable new enemies:
- CarnageCapacitor: Bio-Warfare Heavy Assault Brute.
- Earthshaker: Ballistic Heavy Assault Brute.
- DoomTrooper: Demonic Skaarj Trooper with a heavy burst-fire machine gun. This guy isn't new, but well, I'm listing all the troopers so FUCK OFF
- CarnageTrooper: Demonic Skaarj Trooper with an Extractor.
- BastardTrooper: Demonic Skaarj Trooper with a Piddledoper.
- SanitationTrooper: Demonic Skaarj Trooper with a Shitgun.
- SentinelTrooper: Demonic Skaarj Trooper with an EnergyAR.
- HavocTrooper: Demonic Skaarj Trooper with a HyperFlakker.
- HellTrooper: Demonic Skaarj Trooper with a Hell Gun. Another oldie given a new lease on life. Death?
- TachyonTrooper: Demonic Skaarj Trooper with a TachyonDriver. This one is mean.
- AnnihilationTrooper: Demonic Skaarj Trooper with a Clusterfucker. This one isn't new either!
- PlasmaTrooper: Demonic Skaarj Trooper with an RFPC. Also not new!
- MegablasterTrooper: Demonic Skaarj Trooper with a Combat Shotgun.
- ArtilleryGuardian: Hand Cannon Krall with a souped-up shooty stick. Can also call in artillery strikes (if the map supports it)!
>>>>> Get the latest version right here! <<<<<