MIRROR 1 :: MEGA
MIRROR 2 :: G-DRIVE
MINIPATCH :: G-DRIVE
G59 will solely run under EXU2 OPEN BETA v7 and suited to run under v7.2!
G59 is a custom EXU2 campaign started from my own mind, which occurs several centuries after Batshit Insane's one.
G59 is generally aimed to fans of EXU2 or to players who have experienced the mod throughout campaign or multiplayer. Over years, G59's gameplay has become more and more streamlined, becoming more accessible and without forcing the players to tackle certain situations with extremely specific strategies.
Objective is simple: shoot, kill, clear map. You revisit maps from RTNP and the Unreal Beta, heavily converted with tons of new geometry. There are few full-blown new maps as well.
Mappack is strongly thematic - hell theme is still there, alongside new and known stuff. Every level always brings something unique from the rest; there is also an intricate story, all about survival of the fittest. The Unreal character skin "Bane" is used to represent G59's main character, the Hell Survivor.
The G59 rework for version 7 is the biggest yet. Development of the new ideas has been harder and more time-consuming than expected and due to this I've been forced to fall back to episodic releases.
Music tracks solely by Cybernetika, Xenofish and Mellow Sonic are featured. FULL CREDITS in the spoilerbox:
- 01. Artificial Bloodline | Cybernetika | Solar Nexus | 2:44 | LINK
- 02. Rise Against Myself | Xenofish | Decoder | 8:53 | LINK
- 03. Singularity Protocol | Starforgers | Neural Grid | 7:50 | LINK
- 04. Devoid of Gravity | Cybernetika | Colossus | 12:14 | LINK
- 05. Thermal Overload | Cybernetika & Mellow Sonic | Cybernetika.de | 8:55 | LINK
- 06. Marker | Xenofish | Bypass | 6:14 | LINK
- 07. Bio-Magnetic Tunnel Transport | Cybernetika | Solar Nexus | 10:36 | LINK
- 08. Abandoned | Cybernetika & Xenofish | Cybernetika.de | 8:57 | LINK
- 09. Microchip | Cybernetika | Neural Network Expansion | 8:32 | LINK
- 10. Flotation | Cybernetika | Cybernetika.de | 8:38 | LINK
- 11. Megastructure | Xenofish | Distance | 11:05 | LINK
- 12. Meltdown | Xenofish | Bypass | 4:21 | LINK
- 13. Wasteland | Xenofish | Distance | 7:19 | LINK
- 14. Transferunit | Xenofish | Distance | 5:34 | LINK
- 15. Forged for Battle | Cybernetika | Cybernetika.de | 10:24 | LINK
- 16. Protoplasma | Cybernetika | Soundcloud | 10:12 | LINK
- 17. Sacrifice | Xenofish | Bypass | 8:28 | LINK
- 18. Distant Singularity | Cybernetika | Cybernetika.de | 9:47 | LINK
- 19. Tunnel II | Xenofish | Bypass | 6:41 | LINK
- 20. Monolithic | Cybernetika | Solar Nexus | 8:30 | LINK
- 21. Escape Velocity | Cybernetika | Cybernetika.de | 8:16 | LINK
- 22. Prismatic | Cybernetika | Cybernetika.de | 9:09 | LINK
- 23. Fragmented | Cybernetika & Xenofish | Cybernetika.de | 9:27 | LINK
- 24. Neural Grid | Starforgers | Neural Grid | 8:12 | LINK
- 25. Skyframe | Xenofish | 2015 | 11:02 | LINK
- 26. Iron sea | Xenofish | Bypass | 6:28 | LINK
- 27. Reassembly | Cryomatter | Cryomatter | 4:47 | LINK
- 28. Atropos | Cybernetika | Atropos | 11:36 | LINK
- 29. Beyond The Surface | Xenofish | Soundcloud | 9:05 | LINK
- 30. Caliope | Cybernetika | Cybernetika.de | 1:47 | LINK
Future episodes will hopefully come in the following months. Each level's design is being pushed to the limits, as far as I can.
A new item, the Enhanced Supreme Shield Belt (dubbed as ExtraBelt), has been introduced. It is an orange variant of the regular EXUShieltBelt, with 1600 as charge and it counts separately.
The following are changes to the Episode 1 maps:
- GENERAL CHANGES - The Magatsu texture packs have been removed.
- Desperate Dystopia - Slightly less enemies now appear on Easy difficulty.
- The Limbo - All DemonFuckers and DemonWarlords are filtered off from Easy difficulty.
- The Limbo - Removed a group of Coop-only DemonPupae.
- The Limbo - Removed an unused thingfactory with its spawnpoint.
- The Limbo - Added one more ClusterShockFlare in the final valley.
- The Limbo - Gatekeepers didn't have applied sounds for their attacks. It's fixed now.
- The Limbo - Added a Coop-only Translocator for the second checkpoint area.
- The Limbo - Mountain textures are brighter.
- Chemical Purifier Boundary - Removed the hidden Magatsu textures.
- Chemical Purifier Boundary - Removed the EXUThighPads in the Boundary's Edge area.
- God of the Sun - The ExcessiveBioTentacles in the storage now appear on Hard/Unreal only.
If you have the G59MG_Queen.utx and G59MG_Skaarj.utx texture packs from the older versions of G59, get rid of them.
Centuries have passed and Na Pali looks nothing like it was before.
The whole planet is now filled with creatures of every alien kind, swarming over territories and modifying the environments at their own will. They like to be called Demons. And they like to call their planet Hell. Nobody knows how this possibly happened but going to the past is impossible; so, who cares?
Demons are divided into clans, either of different rank or element. Opposing them are the Saints, ethereal beings that have come from the skies. Battles between Demons and Saint are usual but more common are battles between Demon clans for conquering territories.
One of these clans was known under the name of GALGALIM. These blue, energy-based Demons, with their powerful leader, managed to bring order in Hell. One day though, they disappeared. The GALGALIM managed however to complete their peacekeeping job and the current King of Demons, named BaalBerith, was given responsibility to continue what the energetic entities achieved.
All fine, right?
One day, parts of Hell were swallowed by something which looked like a moving black cloud composed of organic beings. Demons defined them as Shadows; Saints suffered immensely by this invasion.
Chaos ensued again; Demons fighting other Demons to conquer more territories possible, escaping from the walking black hole. The strongest ones managed to survive but will the greatest Demon clans be able to stop this collective of eldritch entities?
In the meanwhile, a human survivor is running amok throughout the wasteland. He suddenly finds himself in the middle of this new ongoing chaos and the only thing he can do now is to survive against enraged monsters and find a proper objective. Which position will he take? Driving the Hell into a never-ending abyss, or actually managing to fix up things?
However, seeing corpses that look like him and a certain Demon leader who is aware of his future actions, something is not truly right.
THE SCANNER OF ELOHIM: SPECIAL INFORMATION
We have applied this name for the lone runner who appeared from nowhere (possibly due to the mysterious teleport system of Hell) in the valley of Nebiros. He is recognized as a Grade S | Major threat to the Demon population, forcing even one of the High Lords to dispatch large groups of Demon soldiers to end his existence. It is known that his signal strangely disappears, sometimes; the human will attack anything on sight, and that may be the same for our race as well. We are following him but according to our computers, the target was already analyzed several times in the past, dates unknown. None of us has ever seen him before.
High Lord Morax
One of the 72 High Lords, Morax is one of the strongest. Aside that, he's nothing more than an annoyed entity because he simply can't find a duty which he would enjoy. He was supposed to guard the land of Nebiros but afterwards he was sent to rule over the Chemical Purifier Boundary.
There's no known info about his past; he's an energy-based being, and uses piercing laser bolts to disintegrate enemies.
His name means "to stop".
The Sun God Tonatiuh
The god of the Sun worshiped since millennia from the planet's original residents and who lives as long as the Sun shines. He is returning, alongside his cult, to reclaim his homeland.
Demon King BaalBerith
The current King of Hell. He carries the responsibility of bringing order to the world. BaalBerith and his Verflucht Legion live in a fortress which lies above an immense magma lake. He's insanely powerful, to the point of creating unstable phenomenons.
His greatest active champion is called Berith, a Black Knight, who has been recently ordered to cause havoc in one of our sanctuaries.
Alongside a bunch of meaningless numbers and signs, this name often appears in our computers (and also in the ones of the Demons) after fatal errors that happen when we try to check some pieces of unknown data. No translators to decipher them exist yet. Nothing else is known.
An iconic Hell valley which is mostly forgotten by demons... but not anymore. A kind of magnetic firestorm is apparently passing near Nebiros; from that point, this place has become the shelter of many Demons who want to hide from the imminent - but not that catastrophic to our experts - meteor fall. Coincidently, Nebiros is (or was) guarded by Morax, and where also the Hell Survivor appeared.
The biggest units protecting Nebiros are a Royal Skaarj Fiend sent by the Demon King and the Kerberos Gatekeepers.
The Chemical Purifier Boundary
The name of one of the biggest "Shit-Biological" bases. Living here if you're not a Bio or Shit based creature is just as bad as looking at one of those Brutes doing something inside a toilet. The master of this heavily protected facility is currently the High Lord Morax. "Shit" cannons are built here and some are already installed outside the structure for defense against enemy Demon clans, specifically the Hypers.
Morax dispatched his best Demon troopers throughout the place as he knows about the imminent arrival of the Hell Survivor.
The Ancient Scapes
The homeland of the incoming Tonatiuh. A divine land blessed by the Sun, found between the Chemical Purifier Boundary and the MANITOU dreadnought. Who will reclaim the scapes?
Universal Hyper Dreadnought -MANITOU-
Not much is known about this place: it is enormous, and the whole crew inside (generally Hyper beings) tries to be as reserved as possible. It may be nothing more than a nuclear submarine/starship, apparently powered by the residents' own energy. The level of alert of the Hyper demons is steadily at maximum.
GALGALIM Energy race
The group who managed to keep the Hell at bay from any local war. Highly advanced and reserved, they disappeared all of a sudden. They may still live somewhere.
The three Demon Heroes
While the Demon King can count on Berith, the Royal Demon Legion had in the long past three extremely powerful Devils - Vritra, Mikaboshi and Iblis - in the frontline for conquest and defense. Over time, misuse of power permanently weakened them down and due to this, they now rest in the Abyss below the Demon King's castle territory to preserve their own lives. Or to protect BaalBerith, before all.
The Magatsu cult
Hardly any information about this race. It appears to be related to the Shadows, or are at least allies. Magatsu means "corrupted"; these beings lure other entities into their homeworld, to then kill them and transform them into Magatsu. Very few can see the Magatsu's homeworld, this includes our blessed race and most probably the Shadows themselves.
The mirror of someone who wishes to be challenged. Only a legend.