Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

[v7.2] G59

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: [v7.2] G59

Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017, 00:32

G59 v7.2 -Full Campaign Download-

G59 will solely run under EXU2 OPEN BETA v7 and suited to run under v7.2!

G59 is a custom EXU2 campaign started from my own mind, which occurs several centuries after Batshit Insane's one.

G59 is generally aimed to fans of EXU2 or to players who have experienced the mod throughout campaign or multiplayer. Over years, G59's gameplay has become more and more streamlined, becoming more accessible and without forcing the players to tackle certain situations with extremely specific strategies.

Objective is simple: shoot, kill, clear map. You revisit maps from RTNP and the Unreal Beta, heavily converted with tons of new geometry. There are few full-blown new maps as well.
Mappack is strongly thematic - hell theme is still there, alongside new and known stuff. Every level always brings something unique from the rest; there is also an intricate story, all about survival of the fittest. The Unreal character skin "Bane" is used to represent G59's main character, the Hell Survivor.

Music tracks solely by Cybernetika, Xenofish and Mellow Sonic are featured. FULL CREDITS in the spoilerbox - the tracklist will reflect the final version of the campaign:
► Show Spoiler

Centuries have passed and Na Pali looks nothing like it was before.

The whole planet is now filled with creatures of every alien kind, swarming over territories and modifying the environments at their own will. They like to be called Demons. And they like to call their planet Hell. Nobody knows how this possibly happened but going to the past is impossible; so, who cares?

Demons are divided into clans, either of different rank or element. Opposing them are the Saints, ethereal beings that have come from the skies. Battles between Demons and Saint are usual but more common are battles between Demon clans for conquering territories.

One of these clans was known under the name of GALGALIM. These blue, energy-based Demons, with their powerful leader, managed to bring order in Hell. One day though, they disappeared. The GALGALIM managed however to complete their peacekeeping job and the current King of Demons, named BaalBerith, was given responsibility to continue what the energetic entities achieved.

All fine, right?

One day, parts of Hell were swallowed by something which looked like a moving black cloud composed of organic beings. Demons defined them as Shadows; Saints suffered immensely by this invasion.

Chaos ensued again; Demons fighting other Demons to conquer more territories possible, escaping from the walking black hole. The strongest ones managed to survive but will the greatest Demon clans be able to stop this collective of eldritch entities?

In the meanwhile, a human survivor is running amok throughout the wasteland. He suddenly finds himself in the middle of this new ongoing chaos and the only thing he can do now is to survive against enraged monsters and find a proper objective. Which position will he take? Driving the Hell into a never-ending abyss, or actually managing to fix up things?

However, seeing corpses that look like him and a certain Demon leader who is aware of his future actions, something is not truly right.

THE SCANNER OF ELOHIM: SPECIAL INFORMATION

► Show Spoiler

Last edited by UB_ on 15 Sep 2018, 21:59, edited 42 times in total.

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: G59 v7 in development (Subtitle undecided)

Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017, 07:53

Nice. How is it that the music files will be different? Higher quality maybe?

I'm currenly playing Project Xenome and I'll eventually try this one (preferably updated) so I stop being a coward. This is probably the most hardcore campaign there is.
M'nali

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017, 11:39

Diego96 wrote:Nice. How is it that the music files will be different? Higher quality maybe?

Music changes.
Last edited by UB_ on 03 Dec 2017, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar editor Dave
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017, 13:20

UBerserker wrote:Be patient for the release as I've just started development. Hopefully I can get things done before the end of 2017.

After all that talk about huge and mind blowing changes I thought you'd take years to accomplish them! Well, never judge from myself to others, I guess? :lol: Good luck!
Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017, 13:33

editor Dave wrote:
UBerserker wrote:Be patient for the release as I've just started development. Hopefully I can get things done before the end of 2017.

After all that talk about huge and mind blowing changes I thought you'd take years to accomplish them! Well, never judge from myself to others, I guess? :lol: Good luck!

emphasis on simple changes lol
I mean I'm now dealing with complete levels which is a huge difference compared to before where I was dealing with 3+ undeveloped levels. The changes I will be doing won't be that time consuming on the larger scope - last time I ported and upgraded G59 from v5 to v6 happened extremely quickly once I started working on it.

Well I've stated "hopefully" before 2017 ends haha.
Last edited by UB_ on 03 Dec 2017, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017, 14:34

That poster looks unbelievably good :o

Hmm, I missed the chance to play the last release, will definitely download the upcoming one though. I am settling in a new place for a longer period than the previous place so I am going to find time for this ;)

Good luck with the massive but simple updates! :)
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017, 01:26

Just a heads up: since development is taking longer than I ever expected, I've decided that once I'm done with the current map I'm working on and after having tested them all, I'll release a preview demo containing the first three maps (plus the intro). Then I'll spend my time finishing the rest of the campaign. Late levels should take less, especially the last few ones as they were already quite overdone as of v6.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: [v7] G59 -Episode 1-

Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017, 19:11

G59 V7 EPISODE 1 IS ALIVE IN THE MAIN POST
GET IT AND PLAY IT
AND BE SURE TO POST FEEDBACK ON EVERY POSSIBLE DETAIL IF YOU CAN
THANKS!!

HOPEFULLY HOPEFULLY I didn't screw up something in one of the last edits.
Resources are nowhere as plentiful as before, and I hope the game is more challenging and balanced now, with less obtuse situations that kill the fun flow.

FYI the Hell Gun damage stacking is incredible. The damage buff also carries to the secondary fire (I'm not sure though if the secondary fire itself also debuffs the enemy resistance but it at least gets the primary fire bonus).
I haven't died once in my first Unreal-difficulty run, though there have been crapload of cases where I've been near-death.

Again, please play it, have fun, say what you want. Thanks.
Screenshots will be posted in a later date because too spoilery.
Last edited by UB_ on 03 Dec 2017, 22:42, edited 1 time in total.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017, 22:39

Quote from other thread which could be extremely useful

FXANBSS wrote:"The savegame bug is one of the most known persistent bug in EXU2."

Here goes the fix:

I always save (WITHOUT LOADING THAT SAVE) before going to next level, so after going to the next map, you can save and load successfully.

Or alternatively, just use three save slots every time.

Also I realized Map 1 is a bitch on Easy difficulty more than I expected, especially the boss. It'll eventually be nerfed late this month.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017, 00:46

Turns out the Gatekeepers in map 1 have become massively strong. Tomorrow I will quickly nerf them to the shitstorm.

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017, 02:04

Yay. I hope you add this to Moddb since everyone there is running around voting for the new MOTY.
M'nali

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017, 11:23

Get the patch HERE

• Base health of the three bosses in Map 1 has been decreased from 160000 to 80000.
  • Boss of Map 2 now only resists 25% of Hell damage instead of 50%.
  • The Demonlord's Vest in Map 2's boss arena has been moved next to the Ultra Belt before you descend to the boss.
  • Always in Map 2, the EXU Shield Belt in the arena has been moved next to the boss activation panel.
  • Bosses now have the AutoRetarget tag: in Coop mode, they'll seek for new targets as soon as players die or spawn.

Note that the main G59 download package in both mirrors has been already updated, so if you get it now you don't need this patch.

If you are already playing Map 1 and don't wish to restart it just for the boss changes, use the following command "set g59gatekeeper health 80000". You can use it any time (until the battle starts, at least) since the Gatekeepers are technically already in the level, they are "invisible" instead of spawning throughout creature factories.

Have fun, please play it if you can and keep feedback-ing.

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017, 19:23

I'm now having trouble with dodging. Works 1/8 of the time but it's also present on BI v7.0.
M'nali

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017, 19:35

Diego96 wrote:I'm now having trouble with dodging. Works 1/8 of the time but it's also present on BI v7.0.

Are you using the Unreal 1 characters? They are also bugged for me on EXU, can't dodge. UT chars work fine however.
This started for me in past EXU2 iterations (v5 I believe) and once it happens it's permanent but ONLY within the EXU2 gametype.
ImageImage

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017, 21:18

That's certainly an odd bug. I'll check in to it. I've had something similar happen, I think, but it was more to do with somehow my dodging getting disabled rather than a problem with the player class I was using.

Next