Scout-kun is a lie... right?

[v7.1] G59 -Episode 2-

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: [v7] G59 -Episode 1-

Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018, 18:59

Testing phase has been reached, so expect possibly a release this weekend or next week.

UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: [v7.1] G59 -Episode 2-

Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018, 14:56

EPISODE 2 IS LIVE
MIRROR 1 ::  MEGA
MIRROR 2 :: G-DRIVE

Episode 2 is here, the classic first half of the campaign that most people played. It includes three juggernauts maps and the outro. They play quite uniquely than the first part of G59 and to EXU2 BI as a whole. Approach fights in a different way.

A new item, the Enhanced Supreme Shield Belt (dubbed as ExtraBelt), has been introduced. It is an orange variant of the regular EXUShieltBelt, with 1600 as charge and it counts separately.

The following are changes to the Episode 1 maps:
  • GENERAL CHANGES - The Magatsu texture packs have been removed.
  • Desperate Dystopia - Slightly less enemies now appear on Easy difficulty.
  • The Limbo - All DemonFuckers and DemonWarlords are filtered off from Easy difficulty.
  • The Limbo - Removed a group of Coop-only DemonPupae.
  • The Limbo - Removed an unused thingfactory with its spawnpoint.
  • The Limbo - Added one more ClusterShockFlare in the final valley.
  • The Limbo - Gatekeepers didn't have applied sounds for their attacks. It's fixed now.
  • The Limbo - Added a Coop-only Translocator for the second checkpoint area.
  • The Limbo - Mountain textures are brighter.
  • Chemical Purifier Boundary - Removed the hidden Magatsu textures.
  • Chemical Purifier Boundary - Removed the EXUThighPads in the Boundary's Edge area.
  • God of the Sun - The ExcessiveBioTentacles in the storage now appear on Hard/Unreal only.

If you have the G59MG_Queen.utx and G59MG_Skaarj.utx texture packs from the older versions of G59, get rid of them. They are fully out of commission.

Hopefully no game breaking bugs but I will warn you:
  • Do not ghost in Map 4 (Manitou) and Map 6 (Elohim). Especially Manitou. If you look at the crowded sections of the levels, the game hardcrashes. This counts for the editor too. Unfortunately that's the engine's limits and I have no way to fix. So if you want to ghost, try to look at the void while moving around.
  • There are extremely rare occurrences the game will crash upon saving. Unfortunately, this is absolutely random and engine-related, so I can't fix.
  • Not a bug but a reminder the Piddledoper's tertiary fire is capable of stunning targets in one place. It will be of GREAT HELP, trust me.

With this release, I'll stop working on G59 for at least one month. This is the first half of the campaign and generally the most appreciated one, so get a load of what's released. So please play and enjoy and comment!

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject: Re: [v7] G59 -Episode 2-

Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018, 19:08

OH SHIT
M'nali

UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: [v7.1] G59 -Episode 2-

Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018, 19:15

I forgot to say this. If you have a save in Tonatiuh (Map3), the door to the Manitou is still locked unless you restart the level and do everything there again.
You can instead simply ghost through the Manitou door and walk at the end of the inner corridor, since the teleport actor was already there in advance.

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject: Re: [v7.1] G59 -Episode 2-

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018, 03:10

I conquered my fears and I got through it all yet again (I stopped before Voidness back in RevolveR release). Had a lot of fun doing it and I found at least 2 screamer missiles. It also ran stable with my low-end netbook.
M'nali

UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: [v7.1] G59 -Episode 2-

Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018, 16:16

Diego96 wrote:Had a lot of fun doing it and I found at least 2 screamer missiles.

Yeah, you get the LAW in Manitou and get additional missiles each in Void and Elohim. To be honest though it's a clunky weapon to use. The damage isn't that amazing, and the RFPC's secondary is much more friendly as a crowd-cleaner tool.

Previous