This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

[Update] FlareFight (Release Candidate 2) & Gameplay Footage

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

User avatar jaypeezy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: [Update] FlareFight (Release Candidate 2) & Gameplay Footage

Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017, 22:27

UPDATE 2: RC2 release. See below.

UPDATE 1: I goofed and pushed old code that did not add the ability to manually set flare restock rate in the config file. I uploaded the latest code and the below link will get you the correct version; if you downloaded this mutator recently, please do so again to get the full, working release candidate. Sorry!

Here's a little mutator I had the idea for but didn't have the time, until recently, to attempt creating. It went better than expected and the results, at the moment, I think are playable and robust enough to share.

As the name suggests, this mutator will add the use of Excessive Unreal 2 BattleFlares® to your Bot Matches. Simply add 'FlareFight (RC1)' to your list of mutators, and have at it! No configuration is needed, but an .ini file is included in the archive for reference and to customize the mutator further.

Refer to the Readme file for detailed release information, configuration options and suggestions.

Link for RC1 removed, see post below for RC2 Download.
Last edited by jaypeezy on 30 Nov 2017, 22:25, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar jaypeezy

Subject: Re: [Update] FlareFight (Release Candidate 1)

Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017, 22:24

After having some more time to work on this, I'm excited to announce Release Candidate 2 of FlareFight. This version features a few crucial bug fixes:

► Show Spoiler

Download link: FlareFight RC2

I also decided that showing some in-game footage of this mutator might be more interesting than a text description, so check out the video below for what you're downloading:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/P2Ep-a2hnXI?rel=0&start=390

User avatar Xanious
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject: Re: [Update] FlareFight (Release Candidate 2) & Gameplay Footage

Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017, 00:20

Oooh, this looks fun.

Just a question about the video though. What's that "sp fix" gamemode?

Also what are the mutators for Third Person and having the monsters count as one collective player "team"?

User avatar jaypeezy

Subject: Re: [Update] FlareFight (Release Candidate 2) & Gameplay Footage

Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017, 01:39

Xanious: The SP gametypes are "Single Player" fixed versions of the default UT gametypes that let you use ScriptedPawns (monsters) in them. This fixes many issues you may see in the error logs as "accessed none" by just putting all the monsters into a single player entry called "The Monster Team." I always use this when I'm playing with my mutators that add monsters into the game. MrLoathsome coded them, and you can download them here: UT SP Fix Gametypes

That thirdperson mutator is something I downloaded a while ago and don't remember where I found it. But, because I'm such a nice guy... Third Person Shooter mutator

EDIT: YOU DON"T NEED THAT 3rd PERSON MUTATOR to enjoy FlareFightRC2 :D