Includes the necessary files from EXU2 v7.2, oldskool239 and UTBP4, if needed.
New version of Xeops. Overwrite all; remove RMusicPlayer_SDK.u from your System folder.
The OLD version of Xeops, kept for legacy purposes. Still depends on the XeopsRequisite package.
RMusic_Player (different version)
If EXU/Xeops' RMusic doesn't work, get this one. What you need is inside the System folder.
Χέοψ ~Cheope~, codenamed Xeops, is my "debut" Unreal single player map, almost 20 years in since I played the original game from the very first day of release. While G59 is already a thing I've never fully released a proper non-EXU Unreal map, and this would be it.
The dream concept of the map was something I thought of a year ago, planned for whatever incoming speedmapping contest would've come. Given the use of custom content it wouldn't have probably fit though. Besides, I had a lot to learn about mapping still; with the G59 rework I figured out a lot of stuff, so everything I learnt there were finally put to a test. With the help of the EXU framework and other content, inspired by ancient architecture, Serious Sam and my will to develop more stuff outside of G59 I created finally something I wanted for ages: starting from a 46080x23040x7168 sized cube I brainstormed a layout off a random point of the playable zone.
Xeops's gameplay relies both on exploration and very frantic battles, similar to The Last Fortress. You get to play with a rather different weapon set, fight against enhanced enemies and discover well-hidden secrets. The whole experience is also story-driven - similar to G59 your character has a name and a personality, though as usual you aren't forced to pick him as your model. Overall a single robust level that can clock up to multiple hours depending on the difficulty chosen, with an advanced sci-fi theme that doesn't go too far off from classic Unreal (at least, not more than certain other packs).
Again, as the map uses the EXU framework: it's just for enhanced scripted pawns, trigger actors and more. Seasoned EXU players might find few familiar stuff but remember this is regular Unreal.
Music provided once again by Cybernetika/Xenofish just like in G59. RMusic_Player is being used for this map, so remember that you can only set the music volume from the RMusic settings under the "Mods" menu.
Information on files, tech-related stuff and credits are in the readme.
Information on story and other info related to the map are written below.
- SYSTEM CHANGES
- Map now uses a unique Gametype.
- With the use of the new Gametype, the RMusic_PlayerSDK package isn't necessary anymore.
- Translator image has been enlarged, with message lines being longer as a result. All messages will now fit in.
- Special event messages are non-translucent and are red colored.
- Pickup messages are non-translucent and are orange colored.
- Feralidragon's CSMCXExtras package is in with full force. Comes with more performing emitters and a lot of cool stuff!
- MAP CHANGES
- Massive retexturing overhaul. Textures provided from Serious Sam BFE, best and most accessible source of Egypt imagery there is, so thanks Croteam!
- Various additions to the general map geometry.
- One more [REDACTED FLIGHT DRONE] appears 10 seconds after the first one you encounter is destroyed, Hard/Unreal difficulty only.
- The Horus pool courtyard has now a special enemy spawn (like most other areas have already) during the second phase of the level.
- Brutes have been removed, and they're replaced by the map's main Behemoth enemies in the respective difficulties.
- Various spawnrate/quantity changes to battles that make use of the Spawner System.
- Changed some of the spawning times for certain enemies in harder difficulties (generally spawning earlier).
- The pre-Ziggurat battle has now a forcefield which blocks the way down. It only opens up once the miniboss event is triggered.
- Some items' placements have been shuffled around.
- Three more secrets added, totaling the count to ten.
- Made pathing a lot better in the pre-Ziggurat area, especially on the long staircase.
- The catacomb door that's opened by shooting the hidden button works like this now - you shoot the button, a trigger around that door is unlocked.
- Various small edits to many translator and player messages. Translator logs on ground also glow now.
- Various performance tweaks, including the removal of unnecessary decorations and emitters.
- ITEM CHANGES
- All Kevlar Suits now have 100 of charge instead of 130.
- All the Armors you pick up now have 130 of charge instead of 160.
- ChainSaw changes: swipe deals 220 damage instead of 110, primary fire deals 40 damage per hit rather than 20 per hit. Range boost remains the same.
- You will now have akimbo Automags at the beginning of the level (higher ROF, same ammo amount). 50% bonus damage when you aim for the head.
- Quadshot's maximum damage has been beyond doubled.
- Quadshot's max ammo you can get now is 80 instead of 150, ammo packs give you 8 ammo instead of 15.
- Quadshot's recharge animation is 75% faster.
- You now start up with 39 Quadshot ammo instead of 80.
- Shock Rifle's primary fire now deals 60 damage; it deals 180 damage if you aim at the head or if the enemy is swimming.
- Shock Rifle's secondary fire travels double the speed and does 90 damage instead of 55.
- Shock Rifle's combo radius is larger, deals maximum 540 damage but consumes around 8 ammo in total.
- Pulse Gun does not deal anymore Burned damage, making it good against anyone including the final boss.
- Pulse Gun's primary fire got 10% even faster. Damage is 30 per orb.
- Pulse Gun's secondary fire damage-per-tick increased from 72 to 170 (same as SevenB's bolt damage, basically).
- Ripper's primary fire headshot base damage is 180. Blades are slightly faster.
- Ripper's secondary fire blades deal 80 damage instead of 34. Blades are faster (faster than the primary fire ones).
- The special weapon will start out with 300 ammo; accuracy and rate of fire for both firemodes have been increased.
- Rifle's base damage increased from 45 to 80.
- Rifle's headshot damage increased from 100 to 240.
- Rifle's headshot damage now works against the final boss.
- You start out with 13 Rifle ammo instead of 19.
- Minigun's random damage tripled.
- Flak Cannon has been replaced with a new weapon: the Svarog Incinerator. Shoots mini missiles (Exploded damage) and firebombs (Burned damage).
- Note that the Coop's weapon selection does not change at all, and only the Ripper and Pulse Gun inherit the new changes.
- PAWN CHANGES
- Damage resistance effects for enemies are now visible, so you can figure out if your attacks are doing more or less damage or nothing at all.
- Many of the enemy projectiles do not have a glow anymore, both for performance and visibility purposes.
- All types of Brutes now deal more damage with melee attacks.
- Lesser Brutes now have 220 HP instead of 180 and have 20% resistance against "exploded" damagetype.
- The minimissiles that some Behemoths use deal a bit more damage.
- The flak Behemoths now shoot two bursts of chunks each time.
- SK6 Behemoths move much slower.
- Krall Elites' skin has been modified to employ reddish/orange tattoos in line of the Apep Forces' color coding.
- Regular Krall bolt is now red and damage has been increased by 1 (from 15 to 16).
- Elite Krall bolt is now orange and damage has been increased by 1 (from 19 to 20). Seers will make use of this projectile also.
- Melee damage for all Krall units increased by 10 (30/30/40 for Krall, 38/38/48 for Krall Elites, 45/45/50 for Seers).
- Krall Seers' melee range has been slightly increased. Note that their melee attacks are indeed faster than normal.
- Krall Seers have now solely a base health of 580 instead of 400 boosted by the BisBoss property.
- Krall Seers are no more resistant to Frozen damage. They retain the 75% resistance against Burned damage (e.g. Gasbags and Svarog secondary fire).
- Time between bolts shot by the Seers has been decreased from 0.2 to 0.125.
- Skaarj Rogue's melee attack damage values have been increased from 14/30/16 to 30/40/25 (Claw/Lunge/Spin).
- Skaarj Rogue's projectiles deal 4 more damage, from 20 to 24.
- Skaarj Overlord's melee damage increased from 20 to 30.
- The homing fireball that Skaarj Overlords and the final boss use deal 3 damage per ball instead of 2. It can damage on Easy too this way.
- Vermins (the Slith things) have increased health and are no more resistant to decapitated damage. You'll also fight more than one possibly.
- [REDACTED LASER PAWN]'s health increased from 280 to 320. Friendly fire scaled down to zero.
- [REDACTED LASER PAWN]'s laser bolt accuracy dramatically increased.
- [REDACTED LASER PAWN]'s melee strikes deal 70 damage.
- [REDACTED ROCKET PAWN]'s health increased from 500 to 800. Friendly fire scaled down to zero.
- [REDACTED ROCKET PAWN]'s shock rocket damage increased from 50 to 60. Accuracy changed.
- [REDACTED ROCKET PAWN]'s melee strikes deal 130 damage.
- [REDACTED SMALL DRONE]'s shooting sound changed to something more appropriate. No more resistant to Burned and Frozen damage.
- [REDACTED FLIGHT DRONE]'s friendly fire scaled down to zero. The homing rockets tracking allies is here to stay but will do no damage at least.
- [REDACTED FLIGHT DRONE] takes 25% more damage from "shot" damagetype (i.e. Quadshot) instead of 100%.
- [REDACTED FLIGHT DRONE] takes 60% less damage from "shredded" damagetype (i.e. Ripper primary blades).
- [REDACTED FLIGHT DRONE]'s orb streams are quadrupled (32 orbs instead of 8 are being shot now) and are slightly more accurate
- [REDACTED BEAST]'s friendly fire scaled down to zero.
- [REDACTED BEAST]'s collision radius slightly decreased.
- [REDACTED BEAST]'s health decreased from 380 to 280.
- Rocket speed of the final boss (except third phase) increased.
- Final boss' firebomb projectiles are faster and deal more damage.
- Final boss melee damage increased from 50 to 100.
- Final boss' single Skaarj projectiles deal 8 more damage, from 20 to 28. They also fly slightly faster, and there are 2 more.
- Final boss now shoots six homing fireball instead of eight.
- Final boss has his own skin (for all due respect).
- Fixed a game-breaking bug with the final boss in Coop mode.
- Final boss will let out loud event sounds after each one of his phases is defeated.
~ GLORY TO KHUFU ~
Ancient Terran history transcending the Solar System.
An adoration from the outer space, leading to the nascency of a sacred land as an act of respect and zeal.
The Pharaoh is not alive. He may however have discerned the efforts from the afterlife. Or so they think.
Or what else?
No one will know. They are long gone, but
what they've done is everlasting, permanent, imperishable.
- - -
Possibilities of exploration beyond reaches for Terrans have arisen for decades.
So for many others.
It's a virulent race of who gathers the most marvelous technologies lost in the absoluteness of the Universe.
The vanquishers shall open the gates of excessive strength. Then, the new advanced era will impel.
This is one of many tales.
In honor of this incoming mission, the ATUM subsidiary team of the Terran forces has been constituted. The specialty of this group is its sole reliance on a one-man army - Damien.
An unknown technology appears to be possibly located in a location of a planet that was once inhabited by a cousin race of the Human one; this is heavily suggested by the general architecture resembling the ancient Egyptian civilization one from Earth. The planet is located in the same galaxy as planet Na Pali.
One of the enemies, Apep's forces, are going there too. No time to waste: pursuing them rapidly and invading the planet before Apep can regroup and coordinate their strategies there in time. The ATUM will cast the "immortal" Damien for to complete the mission.
The mission in question: finding the unknown technology (if it exists) in this location and destroying it, possibly without bringing much harm to the place. Gathering something of interesting is however allowed. If the mission is successful, the Apep forces might be out of the intergalactic game once for all, so the stakes are high.
GENERAL INFORMATION PANEL
Conglomerate of mercenary forces that seek to destroy powerful technologies rather than making use of them. "Terran" just in name: all the Humans cover engineering and economic functions, while the military aspects are carried by Mercenaries, Skaarj (Hybrids and non) and Necris.
They are on a good spot, and are recently undergoing a streak of successful small missions. This incoming one is more important by comparison. Terran forces have few relevant subsidiaries, the current main ones being ATUM, OMICRON-DAWN and the Thunder Crash Space Division.
Terran Forces - ATUM
The newly constituted group; formed by Necris and Skaarj Hybrids, which includes some of the best strategists the Terran Forces have to offer, the group is named after the Egyptian supreme god. The military operations are all done by a singular unit, Damien.
Terran Forces - Damien
The only Human of ATUM, and the only one as a whole of the Terran Forces to fight in the battlefield. Former insane deathmatch contender, he has remained ageless after an unknown incident on a planet during a scouting mission that he never tells about. Therefore, he's immortal and can only die by being directly killed.
Boasting and easy-going, he never leaves his Chainsaw at home and is known for acting borderline stupid at times. These are the weapons he brought for the mission:
- Chainsaw - Damien's favorite weapon, who he enjoys relying on it too much. Thanks to his expertise, it's deadlier than ever. Chainsaw swipes are not to be underestimated.
- Akimbo Automag - last resort guns to kill foes at long distances.
- Quadshot - the quad Shotgun. Has nine charges that need to be reloaded manually for consecutive shots. Alternate fire unloads four charges. Each shell pack comes with 8 ammo, up to 80.
- Rifle - for long-range purposes against annoyingly strong units. With newly produced bullets. Hit always at the heads.
- Minigun - the weapon's value has soared extremely high after the production of new ammunition started long ago. The Minigun does not share ammo with the Automag, and can carry up to 800 ammo. Each ammo pack comes with 100 bullets.
- An Universal Translator.
- A Flashlight.
- Three Na Pali Seeds.
- An Armor. Assault Vests of the Terran Forces are slightly upgraded in terms of durability. Combat Boots are also actively used. Health packs and bandages remain what they are.
Terran Forces - OMICRON DAWN
OMICRON DAWN is the resident and longest military subgroup of the Terran Forces. Consists of an elite group of Mercenaries with expertise in survival and heavy weaponry. The fighting squad is composed by 24 members, and they are usually sent in the most dangerous missions such as visiting uncharted planets. They are currently analyzing a planet filled of ancient mystical ruins.
Terran Forces - Thunder Crash Space Division
Derived from the Thunder Crash tournament group from Earth, the TCSD is the Terran Forces's frontline for space exploration and battles. Members consist of a bit of all - Necris, Mercenaries and Skaarj. A bunch of friendly people that can be always counted on in the most desperate moments.
The Lone One
A distant, non-affiliate contact that the Terran Forces have for ages. He's a human, white-haired. Most of the time he suggests what should be done or avoided. He tends to speaks about weird unrelated things but his help may be needed in the future. Describes himself as a veteran fighter, too.
Apep Forces - Main
The enemies of this mission. A threatening group of space pirates that follow the Skaarj doctrine of the past; dealt with the Terran Forces multiple times. One time it concluded with a resource of Tarydium (rarity has become high) being lost in space.
They consist of highly trained Krall and Krall Elites, alongside the Krall Seer - enormous yellow Krall who evolved in the desert; the Skaarj Warriors, named Skaarj Rogues, equipped with modernized Razik; the Skaarj Overlords, an artificial variant of the Skaarj Warlords for normal battles, equipped with guns that shoot homing flames; lastly, the Brute caste, equipped with all sorts of different firepower.
The commander is the Skaarj Warlord Apophis.
Stakes are high: a victory for the Apep could mean a lot for them, and to everyone in the Universe; if they lose, they might fall down forever.
Weapons of the Apep forces are usually the following:
- Shock Rifle - the energy unleashed appears to be very strong; we are expecting the shock combos to pulverize any sort of average units.
- Pulse Rifle - damage definitely upgraded. The battery has been upgraded to carry energy up from 199% to 420%.
- Ripper - holds up to 100 blades. Ammo packs come with 30 blades. Blades are faster and even better suited to cut necks.
- Svarog Incinerator - a weapon created by the Apep forces; it's capable of shooting flurry of mini-rockets, or an incinerating, large fireball. Makes use of chemical as ammo.
Tools of the Apep forces are the following:
- MedBox - slightly better at healing than the Terran Forces' health packs but can also go beyond physical stability.
- Vials - lite version of the MedBox for small uses.
- Keg - the energy contained is high enough to heal an user to the maximum.
- Shields - they glow, so easier to locate than most items.
Apep Forces - Commander Apophis
The commander of the Apep Forces, a reserved Skaarj Warlord; he speaks throughout his soldiers.
Apophis empowers himself with anything he and his group can locate; he has grown quite powerful, with most entities referring him as a "devil". It's likely that he wants to steal the technology on this planet too and make use of it in whatever next mission.
A once mechanical menace who threatened the order of the Universe with their insane technology, until their defeat by a joint alliance of several space races and groups. The effect of the Drakk's existence remains today, and their unsurpassed technology is what inspired many universal races to become stronger and rule over other.
Drakk technology still exists, be it lost somewhere or given as a gift to developing civilizations in exchange of praise and peace. Some have been located, either being kept in safe places or straight-out used in missions.
Some of the surviving Drakk, to continue to live, had to rebuild themselves with completely different materials and tech but are far away to what the original machines were in terms of power.
With the destruction of the Liandri corporation, many of its members and Corrupt robots escaped somewhere in the Universe; they however managed to find a good deal of lost Drakk technology and over the ages they have evolved into a hi-tech army known as Neriux. As the intergalactic race goes, they are quite far beyond anyone else at the moment, and search of Drakk technology is a massive priority to them.
If Xan still exists, it's believed to be commanding Neriux.
The parasitic biomechanical race has still quite the heavy presence in the Universe. Capable of self-growing armor, weapons and even spaceships, contact with the Striders is recommended to be entirely avoided. They are lately developing a mean to ABSORB other non-Strider things for their own use - it appears to be simply black flesh matter, after a test seen lightyears away.
What remains of the old Drakk. Nowhere near as menacing or intelligent as before, their new personal technology is still beyond high standards. They lack anything for fighting in space but can safely and rapidly invade planets. They look like white robotic drones or golden obelisks.