Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

Tactics UT

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 18:45

I've always wanted a Razorjack with a powerful melee attack as a secondary firing mode - with those blooded spikes on the front, it would lend itself to it. Perhaps, if the Razorjack is your "last resort" weapon, then secondary fire could operate as a melee weapon at close range and / or when you run out of ammo.
Life is what you make of it.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 20:14

NC did that, and it had zero use. Probably because you had other overpowered stuff to cast anyway.
ImageImage

User avatar zacman
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009, 04:33

This is a full-on warfare mod. You won't WANT to use melee. The ONLY Melee weapon will be the Chainsaw, which will be in the Nali Campaign (Unless I can get some kind of sword)

ALSO:
New Skaarj Warbrand skin!

ImageImage

Code: Select all

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009, 09:57

Well, it's just a Red Nemesis with green eyes.
ImageImage

User avatar zacman

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009, 10:29

UBerserker wrote:Well, it's just a Red Nemesis with green eyes.

A) I made the skin myself with a SkaarjLord skin as a base
B) He was gonna be purple, then yellow, then blue, but everything but this looked like sh1t
C) He has yellow dimensional-rift thingies as claws! Not just green eyes
D) I was very pissed off with how much like the Red Nemesis he turned out, actually, but that was the only skin that looked good.
ImageImage

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009, 16:38

Hellscrag wrote:I've always wanted a Razorjack with a powerful melee attack as a secondary firing mode - with those blooded spikes on the front, it would lend itself to it. Perhaps, if the Razorjack is your "last resort" weapon, then secondary fire could operate as a melee weapon at close range and / or when you run out of ammo.

Cheese made a Razor Jack like this. I'll see if I can't find it and I'll upload it.

EDIT: Found it :P http://shivaxi.s3.amazonaws.com/iCRazorSmack.u

Hold down the secondary for a more charged up and powerful smack :P
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009, 19:35

Shivaxi wrote:
Hellscrag wrote:I've always wanted a Razorjack with a powerful melee attack as a secondary firing mode - with those blooded spikes on the front, it would lend itself to it. Perhaps, if the Razorjack is your "last resort" weapon, then secondary fire could operate as a melee weapon at close range and / or when you run out of ammo.

Cheese made a Razor Jack like this. I'll see if I can't find it and I'll upload it.

EDIT: Found it :P http://shivaxi.s3.amazonaws.com/iCRazorSmack.u

Hold down the secondary for a more charged up and powerful smack :P

Intriguing, thank you.

Sorry for the off topic posts.

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009, 22:30

zacman wrote:

B) He was gonna be purple, then yellow, then blue, but everything but this looked like sh1t
D) I was very pissed off with how much like the Red Nemesis he turned out, actually, but that was the only skin that looked good.

Why not make him...darkish?

User avatar zacman

Subject:

Post Posted: 31 Jul 2009, 01:33

Mister_Prophet wrote:
zacman wrote:

Why not make him...darkish?

I HAD a dark skin, but I didn't want him to look exactly like the Dark Sentinel... I don't want people to come in and see a pair of demonic twins, I want each to look different.
ImageImage

User avatar zacman

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009, 09:46

UPDATE: I had a big ass Image file with a bunch of new stuff on it, but I can't get the wireless on my Laptop working right ATM, but as soon as I do I'll upload.

NEW STUFF:
-More history to the Fallen. The Fallen is the "New" skaarj's name for them (AKA the skaarj we know) Their own name is the Taidaris, which is in the ancient skaarj language, meaning The Fallen.
-Taidaris Warriors and infantry completed
-Warbrand is now golden (Happy now?)
-Dark Sentinel now has a more pronounced face
-Finished the new follower system-Works more like an RTS Game now
-Finished Skaarj Star Cruiser (Unless I can get a better looking mesh)
-New creatures: Skaarj Zealot and Servant of Vizak. Skaarj Zealot is an altered berserker-will attack anything other than Other Zealots and the final boss.
-Servant of Vizak: Giant FRIENDLY Titan that serves the god of Vengeance. Covered in ceremonial war paint. Throws energy balls, and will not harm the player, Followers, other servants or Nali.
-New skin for the Sky Edge, with ceremonial Markings
-Taidaris Stinger, a customised High power stinger used by the Taidaris Warriors
-Krall Berserker-more or less Skaarj Berserker but a krall. And, because I find it amusing, it won't attack Flies :P
-Combat Assault Rifle ME (Working title): CAR With a "New" Mesh (Not entirely new, but looks new) alt fire fixed to grenades.
-Nali Battlemage completed, uses Fire and Ice elemental magic. Working out last bugs of Nali Spellwright, who uses earth and lightning
-Made a retarded looking Hay Dummy as a training Dummy.
-made spawners for the Skaarj segments to summon Krall and Berserkers, and if playing as Taidaris Skaarj then Krall Berserker, if Regular skaarj then Skaarj Assassin. (Special Units)
-Made ALL The Terran military classes. They are now:
-Artillery (UT RL)
-Heavy Artillery (NWII MultiMissile)
-Stealth Ops (UT Sniper)
-Elite Stealth Ops (NWII IRPR)
-Infantry (CAR ME)
-Shock Trooper (Guess)

<EDIT>
Borrowed a USB off my TAFE Lecturer. Here be the Pics!
ImageImage

User avatar zacman

Subject: MOAR Update

Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009, 08:30

(Mega text wall-needs a new post)
UPDATED STORYLINE

TERRAN STORY:
The NEG Recognises several "Blacklist" planets with gravitational abnormalities. These planets are notorious for pulling in ships. Most have had small Terran Installations built upon them, there so that crash victims can have somewhere to stay until rescued. Just one remains an issue: Planet Na Pali. Due to the heavy Skaarj Prescence on the world, the NEG have been unable to establish a camp there. What's more, the violence of the Skaarj against the survivors of NEG Ship Crashes is horrific, and has shaken the earth populace greatly. The NEG Sees only one option: To anihalate the Skaarj threat. Several attempts have been made before, where small attack forces and numerous one man assault squads have been sent down to cause chaos. While these have had effects on the skaarj, it is not enough.

And so, the NEG made an executive decision: After hearing rumors of slight instability among the Skaarj, and numerous Nali Uprisings, the NEG decided it was time for an all-out assalt, an attempt at total decimation. 30 Warships, from Orbital Bombardment ships to Mass Trooper carriers, were sent out. The elite of the elite were sent with them, as well as 2 Massive Engineering Craft, each the size of a city. Among them, Myles Zantetzukan, a veteran of an uprising on the mining planet of Kaladan several years ago, enlisting in the Na Pali Conflict in the hopes to find eternal rest and escape from his tortured mind. After the death of Assault Squad 436's leader at the hands of an new skaarj faction, Myles is put in charge of the squad, one of 5 assault squads acting under Regiment 1337, the Deaths Head regiment. In an accident aboard the Command Ship UMS-Xanthos, Myles saves the sleeping ship from the rampage of a Skaarj Warbrand, and is chosen to lead the Na Pali Forces...

SKAARJ STORY:
Long ago, when mankind were just apes eating berries and running from dinosaurs, the First Skaarj Empire was in a state of turmoil. The Leader of the empire, who's name has been forgotten even by himself, was cast down by the Skaarj Rebels, now known as the Skaarj Empire. With them, the language of the Elder Skaarj was presumed lost. The Skaarj Elder Warlord, leader of the Empire, fled through an Unstable Warp Gate. The rebels on the other side damaged the gate, and the Skaarj Elded was warped and distorted by the experience. He gained phenomenal psionic power, and found himself on a mysterious Jungle Planet. He christened himself and his loyal followers, Hsa Taidaris, The Fallen. With him were the Warbrands and the Dark Sentinels, Who, using his newfound power, he created Psionic Links within their minds, making them a lethal team of powerful warriors, complementing each others strengths and weaknesses. Also with him were the Zealots, elite warriors who could whip themselves into berserk rages. By adjusting the flow of chemicals, the Scientists of the Taidaris managed to alter their brain, rather than using the pure undiluted fluid used in Berserkers. The result was a large army, all Psionicly linked with the Zhor du hsa Taidaris, or the Lord of the Fallen, The almighty Fallen One. Their berserk fury was channeled, and they would not attack each other or The Fallen one, but other skaarj, nali, and Terrans were targets of their fury.

The Fallen One examined the Four armed beings of his new world, but in time decided they were of no concequence, and let them be. Centuries later, a New Skaarj Empire Mothership crashed on his new world. Not yet ready to face the armies who had overthrown him, The Fallen One and his armies retreated below ground, watching, waiting, until the chaos caused by various Terran ships, Mercenaries, and even some Nali Rebels revealed new opportunity. The Fallen One began excercising his Psionic Powers. After centuries of spite, he had forgotten his old ways, and existed only to wreak terrible vengeance upon those who had wronged him. In his fury, he forgot his kindness to the Nali, and practiced an ancient and terrible ritual, using the blood of the Nali merged with his own, and shards of Tarydium, implanting the results into his own body, creating a horrific monstrosity. And in his dark underground lair he waited, watching for the right moment...

NALI STORY:
The Nali had many gods from the old age that were left locked away, forgotten, such as Vandora, the vicious god of war. But there was one god, more terrible and fierce than any other, so fierce that all his temples but one were destroyed, burned to dust by the Nali after the age of strife. His name was Vizak, the Dark god of Vengeance, Destruction and Chaos. But one temple remained, Vizak's high temple, the focus of his power, and in an effort to drive the Sky-Demons from their land, the Nali have returned to this place of Profane Worship, and Vizak has given the Nali back his dark blessing, the magick of Fire and Blood, The Nali Battlemages and Spellwrights have returned, servants of the Profane Lord Vizak. Lord Vizak does not judge in actions, he judges in intentions. Despite his being a God of Bad Lore, The Nali are still his chosen people, and he comes with terrible wrath upon the Demonic forces that have commited their crimes against his people. He welcomes the Terran and Mercenary forces, and bids them come and cleanse the world of the filth of the Skaarj, and waits in the heavens for his chosen one, The Messiah of the Profane and the black, the Dark Messiah to come with Blood, fire, and steel, the one he shall choose to wield his terrible power against the creatures who have taken his people and imprisoned them, enslaved them, and murdered them.

MERCENARY STORY (ya, a lot of stories here)
Forced into an uneasy alliance with the NEG, the Mercenaries perfected Warp Units of skaarj design, reverse engineering the stolen technology found in an abandoned underground skaarj base, creating Warp Units for the Terran and Mercenary forces, united with the Nali. The units allow warping of troops to anywhere on Na Pali, and after several years of planning their attack, are prepared to storm Na Pali with the Terran forces. Mercenaries have been trained to fly the Terran Scout ships and fighters, and can be seen flying across the sky in conflict with the vicious Skaarj Air Superiority Fighters, while united forces of Mercenaries, Terrans, and Nali priests of Vizak fight across Na Pali against the Skaarj hordes.

Important Characters (Non spoiler)
-Myles Zantetzukan, (The player) Veteran of the Na Pali conflict, seeking to die fighting on Na Pali to escape the tragic effects of PTSD on his life
-Zacman the Damned, takes his name from the name given to him by the Nali and Skaarj after sacrificing all of Regiment 451 in a fight against the skaarj. The fight was won after Zacman fired an Ultimaprotos upon his own forces, anihalating them and the Skaarj base
-Kogoruhn, A mercenary and best friend of Myles Zantetzukan
-The Fallen one: The fallen warlord of the Skaarj (Cant say anymore :P)
-The Hundred Zealots: The private army of The Fallen One, the Zealors are his deranged followers, convinced that The Fallen One is a god. They are all Psionicly linked to the huge power of the fallen one, a power which has driven them mad.
-The Warbrands: Warriors, Psionicly linked with a Dark Sentinel. They are faster and stronger than any other skaarj
-Dark Sentinels: Psionicly linked with the Warbrands, Dark Sentinels use a high-powered fusion between the Razorjack and the Ripper. Primary fire is a steady stream of razors, which can be controlled to a degree, creating a vicious whip that can be swung at their target like a twenty meter sword, while the alternate fire launches 5 Uncontrolled Razors, which can kill instantly from point blank range. Wherever a Dark Sentinel is seen, a Warbrand is never far off.
-Servant of Vizak, A Titan that serves Vizak in combat, covered in Nali Ceremonial paints, the Servant is a powerful creatures that uses Magic as oposed to the usual boulder.
ImageImage

Previous