Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

Tactics UT

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar zacman
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Tactics UT

Post Posted: 27 Jun 2009, 15:32

NEW TOYS!
1. Hand of Vizak (NALI ONLY) In the Nali Campaign, you will get this weapon. Primary fire launches rapid fire energy bolts, second sprays five. RECENT FIXES: Oops-BLUE bolts were glowing green :P Fixed now, but not yet available to public
2. Nuke Sprayer (SECRET) Primary Fire: Rapid fire Merc Rockets! Sec. Fire: Not one, not two, But FIVE Redeemer Warheads launched at once. FIXES: Redeemer Warheads from this gun can't be shot down anymore. THey would collide with each other coming out of the barrel WAY too often, killing the player
3. Short Range Mortar (ALL): Pri. Fire launches a Flak Shell. Sec. Fire launches FIVE Mortar Shells (Like flak, but deadlier)
4. Nali RUnecaster (ALL): Primary Fire: Fires Arrows. Sec. Fire: Masive discharge of magical power. Rocket jumping? Try Runecaster Jumping!
5. Maximum Yield Rocket Launcher (ALL): Pri. Fire is Rapid Fire Rockets. Sec. Fire is five rockets at once-FUN
6. Sky Edge: Most efficient way to fill a room with bouncing razor blades
7. Skaarj Battle Rifle: Skaarj Projectiles.
8. BattleHammer Total Anihalation Gun: (SECRET) Pri. Fire rapid Gasbag Belches. Sec. Fire Five Warlord Rockets.
9. ProtoBlast (SKAARJ ONLY): Primary fire is Rapid Fire Shock Rifle Spheres. Sec. Fire is multiple Plasma Spheres.

Skaarj Dark Sentinel. This guy is the Trooper equivalent of the Warbrand.
Ah, yes, um... After making your escape in a Skaarj Shuttle, an idiot pilot (Not you) manages to slam into a cave.
Your first encounter with the Skaarj Warbrand.
The Skaarj War Brand. The War Brand and the Dark Sentinel are never far apart, and you will either fight them together or one after the other... THis guy is REALLY fast, and capable of killing a 100 health person in 3 hits (45 dmg/slash)
WHo's this handsome devil :D ? That's the first Hero you will encounter. Heroes have special abilities that make them a LOT better than standard marines in combat. ZACMAN is the Military Commander. You encounter him on the first map, and like all followers, he will follow you until he is killed SPECIALS: Cannot drown. START HEALTH: 1337, but can only recover to 100 hp, so be careful with him :P WEAPON: Vulcan (NW2) or Minigun (Bug changes it in map 2 for some reason)
The new look Razorjack! (TACUT.RazorBob) Nice new red projectiles that have a cool lookin' tail! Firing modes are now the same as the Liandri Ripper. Ripper is still gonna be included, but as a weapon for a different species...

Okay, I'm making an SP mod to go on the ONP base (Follower class won't work unless done this way)
I'm a little lazy, so I don't wanna type out the whole storyline again (It's pretty long) so here's a link:
http://www.thedanesjoint.com/showthread ... 81#post181
I'll put some screens up when I get the chance
For anyone who wants to see the new creature classes in action, they're at http://www.mediafire.com/file/y4zjjtzzo ... RJTEST.zip NOTE: No new meshes, and the Krall Shaman will be on the players team in the actual game. You need to download Nali Weapons II Version X to run (http://www.feralidragon.ut99.org/index. ... =Downloads)
Also needs Monster hunt, because I always test my new creatures in MH-That way I can get an accurate estimate on how many NEG Troopers I should provide in the real thing (http://www.planetmonsterhunt.com/)
Last edited by zacman on 30 Jul 2009, 04:35, edited 6 times in total.
ImageImage

Code: Select all

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Jun 2009, 15:35

You could have copied and pasted the text so I would know what bit of the page to read. :/

User avatar zacman

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Jun 2009, 15:39

Just read the big bits :P
ImageImage

User avatar zacman

Subject:

Post Posted: 01 Jul 2009, 06:30

Okay Legendslayer, here's the story for ya:

THE STORY:
After the Terran assault codenamed "Operation: Na Pali" and the case od Kachaira, the first Skaarj ever to rebel against the main Skaarj Colectorate, the seeds of rebellion were planted among the Skaarj. Over the course of 7 years, the entire Skaarj Empire colapsed, breaking into 5 distinct separate forces. THese forces united, and destroyed whatever remained of the old skaarj empire. During this period, the Krall mysteriously vanished. Over the next 13 years, the Gene Wars were fought, as the Skaarj Hordes fought for control. The Skaarj altered their genes according to their location. However, in the shadows hid a more powerful Skaarj force, and in the 10th year o the war, when the other Skaarj had sufficiently weakened each other, the Dark Skaarj arose from their unknown fortress, and crushed all opposition into surrender.

Jungle Skaarj: These Skaarj live in the deep, Underground jungle of Na Pali. Led by the Warlord Gra'Tarag, these Skaarj made primitive villages below the ground. During the Skaarj Rebellion, these Skaarj were on the front line. Gra'Tarag ordered the Scientists who remained to augment their genes to make them resistant to the Pulse Gun commonly used by the Skaarj Troopers.
Important Characters: Gra'Tarag. The Artist of the 5 Warlords, Gra Tarag has spent his life capturing the most talented of the Nali Architects, and having them build him a beautiful Fortress below the ground.

Iron Skaarj: Named for their Metalic colour, these Skaarj were the Scientific Drive in the rebellion. Wielding powerful Automatic Weapons and Electro-Magnetic Weaponry, The Iron Skaarj are the most technologically advanced Skaarj. They are immune to Electrical damage caused by the Bolt Rifle, after many industrial accidents convinced their leader, Ze'Krag, to augment them to be immune to electricity.
Important Characters: Ze'Krag. Obsessed with power and technological advancement, the mysterious unkown leader of the New Skaarj Empire has demmanded his Elite Assassins keep watch on this potential threat to his supremacy.

Fire Skaarj: From the Volcanic regions of Na Pali, the fire skaarj have Fireproof skin, after several "Accidents" involving pyrotechnic-based weaponry decimated their numbers. While their skin and eyeballs are fireproof, the Fire Skaarj still excrete highly flamable oil that still allows them to catch Fire, while recieving no damage. The explosive nature of their weaponry means it is not uncommon to see a small column of fire walking around that is actually a Fire Skaarj who did not move out of the way fast enough, and is not actually recieving any injury
Important Characters: Ka'Harag, leader of the Fire Skaarj, is known as Ka'Harag the Tormentor. His fortress is made like a deranged funhouse, and he takes pleasure in torturing those foolish enough to enter his domain. He is the most loyal warlord to the Dark Skaarj.

Ice Skaarj: Oldest of the Rebel Skaarj, the Ice Skaarj are an unknown.; They have helped Terrans in the past, and the rebel Kachaira was an Ice Skaarj himself. The Ice Skaarj Leader, Kachaira, was assassinated mysteriously, and replaced by Si'Ragsha, a close friend of Ka'Harag. The Ice Skaarj are known for having Dissenters among their ranks, and some may even be willing to help Terrans.
Important Characters: Si'Ragsha, Leader of the Ice Skaarj, is known as the coward of the Skaarj Warlords, and he hides deep below the Ice Fortress built by his predacessor.All Ice Skaarj are immune to Ice-Based weaponry.

Dark Skaarj: Very little data available. It is knownj that they have high-powered Gravity-based weaponry, and their troopers have no known genetic augmentations.

TERRAN STORY:

For the 20 years of the Inter-Skaarj War, the Terrans and Mercenaries stayed out of the war, but after the Dark Skaarj forced the other warring forces into submission, they were forced to act. The Skaarj were in their greatest period of instability, and even the NEG agreed that this was the best time for a conjoined assault with the Mercenaries. Liandri was the most supportive of the alliance, and filled in all the contracts. As part of the agreement, the Terrans and Mercenaries would share all technology they had, and as a result many new and powerful weapons were created. As soon as the Merc/NEG forces landed on Na Pali, they were approached by the Shaman and the Archon, leaders of the Nali and Krall rebels who had also formed an alliance. The GPA was formed. THe GPA, or the Galactic Protectorate Allaince, was a force of the four species dedicated to wiping the Skaarj off the face of the earth. As the war began in earnest, several warriors began to show themselves as heroes (All the people working on the mod will be worked in as members of GPA Regiment 1337, heroes of the war) The Shaman became a true Icon, and masses of Krall began rising against the Skaarj. The Terran warrior Xan Kriegor was called to war, and also became an iconic figure. The Skaarj began losing territory, and the Nali Gurreila fighters struck numerous Skaarj Supply networks. All the Skaarj fortresses except the hidden Dark Skaarj Fortress were under siege. However, throughout the conflict the <SPOILER!!!> were watching, waiting for their chance...
ImageImage

User avatar zacman

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Jul 2009, 06:02

Okay, Just finished second map (Hostile Lands), decided the first map (Bloody Skies) sucked so I'm doing it again as "Skies of Blood" with the misssion name "Operation Skyfire"
Will add screenies soon :)
My mod has some very good replay value stuff, too. Sometimes, killing an enemy that is seemingly just a "Face in the Mob" has some interesting effects. To encourage the player to completely anihalate everything in the room, killing any old enemy might just open a new area (Example: Hostile lands: Killing one of the devilfish opens the second armoury locker)
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Jul 2009, 10:11

Looking forward to it.
ImageImage

User avatar zacman

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009, 07:16

Updated: Screenies added!

THE CAMPAIGNS:
TERRAN: The Fight for Na Pali(ALL)
(Playing as ONP Guy)
The game starts with Operation: Skyfire, a Desperate mission to retrieve a data tablet with all information on the Nali, Krall, Humans and Mercenaries compiled on it. After a failed job, you flee for your life, hijacking a Skaarj shuttle in the process, which then crashes in unknown terrain...

SKAARJ: Fury of the Fallen (HARD and UNREAL only)
(Playing as Xuttah, a Skaarj Trooper)
AS a servant of "The Fallen", the only surviving warlord after ONP Guy's actions in the first campaign, Xuttah will have a LOT more forces with him, and personel reinforcements are never hard to find. HOWEVER, your weapons will be limited primarily to the Razorjack/ripper, Sky Edge, Skaarj Battle Rifle and Eightball. Terran weapons are scarcer than the others, and Ammo is few-For the Runecaster the only way to get ammo has always been find another one. The first map is a siege, where the Skaarj are attacking a Mercenary Fortress. ONP Guy is killed in the process, by none other than Xuttah himself.

NALI: Rage of Vizak (UNREAL Only)
Playing as Helikaon, a Nali Priest of Vizak, the Nali god of vengeance, this campaign only really has 2 relliable weapons: The Runecaster and the Hand of Vizak. These weapons are what you start with, and the Dispersion Pistol isn't actually going to be available until about the fourth map (Although there will be a melee weapon for you to play with). By this time, Xuttah has become lost and alone, and has accidentally found his way into Ventarmun, the Sacred Hidden city of Vizak's servants. If the mod goes as planned, there will be a new, AWESOME follower class helping Helikaon. Helikaon kills Xuttah in the underground city, before embarking on his final journey...

THE FALLEN:
This is the final battle against the Psychic Terror that is The Fallen. All I will say is this: He's big. He's Ugly. And he packs a WORLD of HURT...
ImageImage

User avatar Turboman
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009, 00:36

the weapon that soldier is holding in the last pic looks badass, can't wait to play with that toy :o

User avatar ElectricIce

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009, 15:39

loving the story.. will play asap as its released!.

User avatar zacman

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 03:09

Turboman wrote:the weapon that soldier is holding in the last pic looks badass, can't wait to play with that toy :o

You can play with it :)
I'm using Feralidragon's Nali Weapons II for some of the weapons in the mod.
EDIT:
I decided to Re do the Razor Jack. New textures, cooler lookin' razor, and Secondary fire is now Explosive like the Ripper.

ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 10:26

zacman wrote:and Secondary fire is now Explosive like the Ripper.

You removed one of the most useful secondary fires ever with one of the most useless - for Single Player.
ImageImage

User avatar zacman

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 10:31

The STYLE of this mod is not like most SP games. As a standard, you will encounter overwhelming ammounts of enemy forces. The Idea is that it is battlefield warfare. The Mod is designed for those who want to have a REAL Challenge, and the explosive fire helps when 20+ skaarj are bolting at you and your squadron of 8.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 10:47

Then you need to make the explosion as powerful as a Flak Shell, otherwise it would be still useless.
ImageImage

User avatar zacman

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 10:52

This weapon is given to the player as the first weapon in the Skaarj campaign. Like the Dispersion Pistol, this is a Last Resort Weapon, that will probably be forgotter when the player obtains the Sky Edge and uses the many razor blades they find for that instead, however Razor Blades are common, and the Sky Edge, while available in the First map of the terran campaign (IF you kill the Dark Sentinel) it isn't available until the 5th map of the Skaarj campaign, and will only really be used as a backup weapon (Razors are easy to find) Also, the number of Skaarj fighting Terrans in the last level of the Terran campaign makes this weapon deadlier that the old Razor Jack simply due to the AMMOUNT being fired.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 11:02

Then it sounds much greater now.
ImageImage

Next