Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

[RELEASED] Unreal: Forgotten Version 1.3

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010, 16:43

The PDF coming with Forgotten has a typo.. it says "Hellscarg" instead of "Hellscrag". No biggie... :)

Loke
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010, 17:01

I've made it to level 5 and haven't encountered any crashes. <spoiler>Still I didn't know what I was supposed to do after freeing the Nali's from the Krall; I guess it had something to do with the console at the mining base that you had to simultaneously use, however once I went there I still couldn't do anything. Eventually I ghost'ed through the impassable grate since I ran out of options.</spoiler>

Anyway, impressive work thus far. A bit hard in the beginning when all you had were the Dispersion Pistol and had to go against a Slith and a huge Skaarj.

User avatar Sinistral
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010, 17:29

I've made it to level 5 and haven't encountered any crashes.

phew, thanks for that!

<spoiler>Still I didn't know what I was supposed to do after freeing the Nali's from the Krall; I guess it had something to do with the console at the mining base that you had to simultaneously use, however once I went there I still couldn't do anything. Eventually I ghost'ed through the impassable grate since I ran out of options.</spoiler>

Be very nice to the Nali, kill the krall and then the nali sanctuary will open. If you speak to the elder nali after this he will teleport to the other side of the gate and open it for you.

Anyway, impressive work thus far. A bit hard in the beginning when all you had were the Dispersion Pistol and had to go against a Slith and a huge Skaarj.

Thanks for that. If you read the translator messages at the start and in the nali house you'll get a clue to where to find a better weapon before you encounter them, remember there are alternatives to fighting.
Last edited by Sinistral on 26 Jan 2010, 18:09, edited 2 times in total.

Loke

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010, 18:07

Sinistral wrote:Be very nice to the Nali, kill the krall and then the nali sanctuary will open. if you speak to the elder nali he will teleport to the other side of the gate and open it for you.

I did speak to him but strangely no one was there once I made it to the console.

Sinistral wrote:Thanks for that. If you read the translator messages at the start and in the nali house you'll get a clue to where to find the automag before you encounter them.

Ah, bummer. That would've made it easier. Still I got my Automag later on. :P

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010, 22:29

Sinistral wrote:...remember there are alternatives to fighting.

Haven't played yet, but I always like it when you would need to do something else than simply blasting your way thru a level... :tup:

Loke

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010, 13:30

Just finished it. Didn't encounter any crashes or errors whatsoever for the rest of the maps; played through it perfectly.

Very fun to play; impressive mapping, challenging but not overly hard or frustrating, also fairly long which is always a plus. Solid work all the way through. :)

User avatar Sinistral

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010, 21:54

Loke wrote:Just finished it. Didn't encounter any crashes or errors whatsoever for the rest of the maps; played through it perfectly.

Very fun to play; impressive mapping, challenging but not overly hard or frustrating, also fairly long which is always a plus. Solid work all the way through. :)

Thanks Loke, I'm glad you enjoyed playing it.

I've re-played level4 tonight, and for me the nali always appears. If possible can you test this again?

Loke

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010, 22:07

I'll give it a shot.

Loke

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010, 21:48

I just ran through level 4 again and this time it did indeed work. Why it didn't work the first time around was most likely my own fault; the Warlord that spawns outside the Nali fortress was alive as I went into the Nali area because I thought it'd be a waste of ammo trying to take him down so I decided to ignore it. Of course the Nali weren't very obliged with that decision and went into their usual 'don't-hurt-me!'-animation as the Warlord wrecked havoc outside and completely ignored me.
Of course the elder Nali spoke to me via the translator so I thought it was all okay, which it apparently was not!

Anyway, I forgot to bring up just a small issue regarding level 7 and level 3.
In level 3 on the upper level where the lightning storm is going off a part of the railing is non-solid:
*Beware my amazing Photoshop skills.*

In level 7, although I'm not sure if you deliberately made it like that, you can actually walk through the forcefield and jump straight into space which, ultimately, kills you:

User avatar Sinistral

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010, 22:50

Loke wrote:I just ran through level 4 again and this time it did indeed work. Why it didn't work the first time around was most likely my own fault; the Warlord that spawns outside the Nali fortress was alive as I went into the Nali area because I thought it'd be a waste of ammo trying to take him down so I decided to ignore it. Of course the Nali weren't very obliged with that decision and went into their usual 'don't-hurt-me!'-animation as the Warlord wrecked havoc outside and completely ignored me.
Of course the elder Nali spoke to me via the translator so I thought it was all okay, which it apparently was not!

Ah right, I'm glad it all worked at least. In hind sight it might have been better to make a condition where the Nali sanctuary would only open when the Krall and the Warlord were destroyed. Thanks for checking this out.

Anyway, I forgot to bring up just a small issue regarding level 7 and level 3.
In level 3 on the upper level where the lightning storm is going off a part of the railing is non-solid:

hmm indeed it does seem to be the case, really annoying as it probably only appreared on the final re-build. If I get enough errors I'll consider re-releasing a fixed version.

In level 7, although I'm not sure if you deliberately made it like that, you can actually walk through the forcefield and jump straight into space which, ultimately, kills you:

This one is on purpose really, its the same as the forecfield that the ships fly through in the main hanger, At one point I considred having ships docked on each side at these "loading bays", and possibly ending the level by escaping on one of them, but in the end I was happy with the escape pod.

Thanks once again for checking this out, I appreciate all your feedback greatly.

User avatar Nalisavior

Subject:

Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010, 06:28

I just played through all the levels with no bugs. good work :tup: if you do decide to make a patch for Forgotten you should place more health packs on the skaarj ship.

User avatar Sinistral

Subject:

Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010, 16:02

I just played through all the levels with no bugs. good work if you do decide to make a patch for Forgotten you should place more health packs on the skaarj ship.

Thanks I hope you enjoyed the pack.

I did consider adding more health to this ship, but the normal health packs seem a little out of place on the Skaarj Cruiser. I trust you found the megahealth?

Loke

Subject:

Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010, 16:55

I saw it but didn't know how to access it. Still the final fight was surprisingly easy so it was not needed for my playthrough.

User avatar Sinistral

Subject:

Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010, 17:23

I saw it but didn't know how to access it. Still the final fight was surprisingly easy so it was not needed for my playthrough.

Yeah, the queen isn't really that difficult an enemy no matter what you seem to do. I had hoped the Puape would make it more difficult, but maybe in hind sight it actually makes it easier as the queen can't reach you for the pupae gettin in the way.

User avatar Nalisavior

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010, 01:40

the 15-20 skaarj at the bridge was probabaly the hardest part of the pack :P

Previous Next