Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

Breakout

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar zacman
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Breakout

Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010, 02:15

The Avenging God is mighty, and his Wrath all-powerful...

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Well, uh, the Coop map I started seems to have sorta evolved into a SP campaign (Although it will sill have coop compatability) So far, the firs map, UMS-Forseti, is complete, and have started working on The Landing. Basicly, the start of the campaign is a sort of cross between Vortex Rikers and Attacked! in that you are on a prisonship, but it's in orbit above Na Pali. UMS-Forseti is a prison ship for the most dangerous of prisoners. All the cells are just empty cubes, steel walls, with high ceilings and a single light. The ship takes prisoners that can escape anything-Previously, the cells contained beds, but one of the prisoners managed to build an EMP entirely out of bedsprings in a method still unknown to earth scientists, and short-circuited the electronic doors, escaping and killing 2 guards. All prisoners aboard the ship are serving sentances of death or life imprisonment.

You have been arrested for a crime you didn't commit, high treason. On your way to a public execution, UMS-Forseti is attaulted by a group of skaarj fighters. You wake up to discover the crew has abandoned ship. The ship's environmental containment is malfunctioning-Just entering a door could result in you being sucked out into space. You need to get to an escape pod, but the crew has locked down the rear of the ship. You must find a way out, before this entire rig slams itself into Na Pali...

Finally, you land, in a derilect temple. Here, you are enlisted by Vizak, the Nali God of Vengeance. With his blessing, you shall cleanse Na Pali of the Skaarj Menace...
Last edited by zacman on 27 Nov 2010, 10:09, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

Code: Select all

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010, 14:19

:tup:

"pics plz" :P :tup:

User avatar zacman

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010, 08:32

Uploading them now!
ImageImage

User avatar BeWilderBeest
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010, 11:34

Love the urine message! Eager to see more.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010, 15:27

I managed to dig up an obscure alpha screencap. If the pack has improved since then, it's going to be quite good!
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010, 15:41

I really like the pissed-off electro quad-knifed Nali God!

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010, 15:53

Waffnuffly wrote:I really like the pissed-off electro quad-knifed Nali God!

Looks to be just a statue, though?

If that could be created as an actual pawn, based on the existing Nali bot class, well, that would be interesting! :tup:
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010, 16:22

I only see two knives...

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010, 17:09

Hellscrag wrote:Looks to be just a statue, though?

If that could be created as an actual pawn, based on the existing Nali bot class, well, that would be interesting! :tup:

Yeah it's just a statue obviously. Oh and yeah there are only two knives. Zacman I think this needs to be fixed! Nali don't have four arms for nothing!
Last edited by Buff Skeleton on 04 Feb 2010, 03:26, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar Tambourine
Pupae Pupae

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010, 03:06

I really like how the change between day and night affects the lighting in the room with the skylight. I mean, that's not really something to be really hyper-focused on, but it's always those little details that really grab the player's attention.

Good luck on working on developing this; the story sounds really interesting. Even though the 'prisoner' thing has been done already, I'm sure you'll put your own personal spin on things.
When you want the flavor of bacon in a dip~

User avatar zacman

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010, 00:53

Yeah, the rest of the Nali Statue's hands are open, so I need to figure out how to make them look decent with the knives. It IS just a statue, but I have some thoughts for a pawn if I can get a modeller to help, I even have Ideas for the anim sequences & a few concept sketches floating about... Also, escaping the ship is different from most. You can effectively walk through a door into a damaged part of the ship and be sucked into space, and there are Skaarj swarming through the ship as well as various other environmental hazards.
ImageImage

User avatar zacman

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Mar 2010, 05:13

Tambourine wrote:I really like how the change between day and night affects the lighting in the room with the skylight. I mean, that's not really something to be really hyper-focused on, but it's always those little details that really grab the player's attention.

Good luck on working on developing this; the story sounds really interesting. Even though the 'prisoner' thing has been done already, I'm sure you'll put your own personal spin on things.

It's actually not a day/Night change. The player swims into the lake and they are suddenly disoriented for a few seconds by an earthquake, then the water turns into blood, the sky turns red, and what was previously the exit becomes the route to the Nali God. (It looks pretty cool in game)
ImageImage

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Mar 2010, 10:56

zacman wrote:...Also, escaping the ship is different from most. You can effectively walk through a door into a damaged part of the ship and be sucked into space, and there are Skaarj swarming through the ship as well as various other environmental hazards.

Sounds good, I just hope there will be some hints as to whether entering an area will suck you into space (not that it has to be obvious) but the try and die method become tedious after a while).

User avatar zacman

Subject:

Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010, 03:25

salsaSkaarj wrote:
zacman wrote:...Also, escaping the ship is different from most. You can effectively walk through a door into a damaged part of the ship and be sucked into space, and there are Skaarj swarming through the ship as well as various other environmental hazards.

Sounds good, I just hope there will be some hints as to whether entering an area will suck you into space (not that it has to be obvious) but the try and die method become tedious after a while).

Yeah it's fairly obvious, you look through the glass and see space staring back at you XD I hate try and die as much as everyone else
ImageImage

User avatar zacman

Subject: Re: Breakout

Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010, 08:13

Currently working on the Central Nexus of Vizak's temple. His temple is locked by a series of switches, which are all over Na Pali, and dimensional gates are used to jump to them. Will give screenies ASAP (Internet troubles, heh :P)
ImageImage

Next