Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

Make an SP map in one full day

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Make an SP map in one full day

Post Posted: 25 Apr 2010, 17:41

I'm thinking about taking this project on.... Basically, dedicate one full day (an entire 16 hours) "my Unreal day" to making an SP map and releasing it at the end of the day regardless of quality.

Most likely, it will turn out to be something along the lines of USP 10th Anniversary one-day speedmaps, but I actually have time to think about exactly what I want to do, and get some stuff ready for go-time.

I'm not quite fully restricting myself by these guidelines:

Guidelines:

1. I can prep any brushes/decorations that I feel are either main portions of the map or just average decorations (I will be using static meshes on 227g so this will be a 227g only map). All BSP will have to be done the day of, and will serve as the main pathways to complete the map.

2. I can prep any UScript code that I want to include with my SP. I will most likely come up with some scripted sequences beforehand in UScript and then execute them the day of. Also, I will be taking a hard look at alot of the 227 classes and how I can use them to my advantage (and possibly subclass some of them).

3. If I feel the need to do so, I can prep any custom music, sounds or textures before the day of.

Obviously, I have alot of prep work to be done, so "J-Day" hasn't yet been decided. It will be done on a Wednesday (the only day of the week where I sometimes will get a full 24 hours to myself).

I will post all of my prep content here on the forum so people can give me feedback on what I create beforehand.

Enjoy!

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Apr 2010, 18:04

This sounds like a fun thing to do. I might try it out later on as well once finals and stuff are all over!

User avatar Legendslayer222

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Apr 2010, 18:11

This sounds like the thing I tried to do on Halloween... And failed badly at. :B But you are planning ahead, so it should work.

User avatar jackrabbit

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Apr 2010, 18:14

Legendslayer222 wrote:This sounds like the thing I tried to do on Halloween... And failed badly at. :B But you are planning ahead, so it should work.

Yes, alot of planning will go into this little project. I'm hoping after all this is through, I will be more motivated me to spend more time dedicated to UnrealEd on my free time rather than just doing UnrealScript mods and playing random RTS games.