ividyon will never get this done, will he.

New Inve6tment and Philan#hropy Opportun32es at RichterLabs

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Delacroix
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: New Inve6tment and Philan#hropy Opportun32es at RichterLabs

Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012, 19:21

It may turn out for the better. I believe you would do wise to outright go UDK with it, maybe even commercial. EXU2 is living proof of your capability of generating a splendid gaming experience so I quite believe you shouldn't have ever wasted a concept of quality of 'The Machine' for a free mod/addon but go make a commercial game out of it instead. This would preserve the project and at the same give you some serious $$$.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012, 19:23

Well, by the time I'm ready for that sort of thing there will probably be something MUCH more advanced than the UDK around, but yeah, that's the idea now. Keep it on the books and revive the IP once the stars are aligned. And if not, well, I can always write a book ;) Or something even more than a book, like an art website where you can sorta dig around through a simulated environment and figure out what happened yourself, etc. But yeah definitely not gonna be an Unreal Engine 1 sorta deal.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012, 19:25

UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012, 19:38

Oh, and here's the original Project thread, preserved for posterity:

Leadership: Dean Tresadern, Chief Information Officer, and Kevin James Letz, Chief Security Officer
Status: Unknown: Communications Down, Perimeter Cameras Unresponsive
Image Image
Image Image
Situation: This is Colonel Schultz, LabSec. Right around the time our investment invitation was published online and distributed to potential investors, we lost contact with the RichterLabs AI research and teleportation experimental platform. We are preparing to dispatch a scout to the site for initial survey of the problem.
Details: We are unable to determine the cause of the communications interruption, but will be sending one rookie through an experimental teleporter. Dr. Julian tells me that this should, theoretically at least, allow us to get someone on the ground in just under a second. However, she tells me we only have enough power to send a few soldiers through the teleporter, so we are deploying just one for the initial sweep. Marine dropships followed by engineer teams will be en route following the scout, but obviously will take much longer to arrive. All soldiers: stand by for further details from LabSec. We absolutely must ensure that whatever is happening over there gets taken care of quickly; we don't want to lose any sponsorship over something stupid.
Latest Developments: - 1650 UST: Invitational message published. Contact with installation lost. Camera signals cut out. Invitation is corrupted.
- 1700: Unable to remotely access the webserver and take down the garbled invitation.
- 1705: Chief of Security dispatches emergency bulletin to all off-site security teams.
- 1720: Colonel Schultz orders dropships to prepare marine teams for deployment.
- 1732: More data corruption visible on the invitation.
- 1745: One scout is sent to the base via experimental teleporter using RichterLabs auxiliary matter transference platform.
- 1800: Awaiting confirmation of arrival from scout. Marine dropships en route. ETA: 6 hours.
- 1840: Still no confirmation from scout. Possibly due to whatever is causing the communications blackout. Additional typographical errors detected in the invitation that were not present in the original message, such as 'philantrhopy.'
- 1935: More text artifacts detected, this time a large amount of unknown characters. Still no word from the scout; satellite images of the facility do not show anything out of the ordinary, though no one is visible on the landing pad or elsewhere. Network connectivity still established with facility, but technicians are unable to remote into any of its systems. Auxiliary platform has detected unusually large amounts of network traffic originating from the main facility.
- 2355: Contact lost with marine dropships. Possibility of EM field disrupting communications.
- 2359: Contact lost with off-site military installation 600km to the North. Communications outage appears to be spreading. Substantial text artifacting visible.
Intel: The original invitation bulletin appears to have some bizarre technical errors in it. We are uncertain what may have caused this, but are assuming it is related to the communications blackout. The invitation is still visible - here - indicating the base's servers are still operational. The invitation message has become progressively more garbled over the past few hours. Possibility of catastrophic reactor failure ruled out.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012, 14:48

Devo :(
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

Previous