Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

[RELEASED] [ut] Final Worlds - beta 1.01

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Delacroix
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: [RELEASED] [ut] Final Worlds - beta 1.01

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010, 08:44

Developer: Electro Software
Synopsis: The year is 3200 and players play the part of a lone soldier named David, who goes on a routine mission and after going back, finds his homebase as well as earth attacked by enemy forces.
Features:
- 8 SP "levels" split into two or three maps each.
- custom MP gametypes with several maps.
- a handful of new weapons.
- heavy usage of Deus Ex resources.
Links:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZROVPWCN - download it! 101 MB in size.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/isjvqy - missing UMX.

* Ignore the description of the file that says: "Unreal Grief: Chapter 1"... the reason behind this is erratic behavior of MegaManager that forgot the initial description of the file and took one from my mirror of UGrief. Anyhow, it should say "Final Worlds Beta 1.01".

* This mod is NOT a creation of mine. The developers behind this are:

[King[Of]DeAtH] - Project Lead, Lead Mapper, Coder, Modeller
M@TR!X - Lead skinner, Texture Artist
DOUBLE T 'Tolman' - Mapper
I[uXu^Bloodspilla^ - Skinner, Texture Artist
Mr White - UED Brush Modeller

* Now, at the last official release, which was Beta 1.00, the game was totally unfinishable due to game breaking bugs. That's when maxuser6000/myth and me decided that we fix this mod so that it can be re-released and stomped into the gr... errr, I wanted to say reviewed.

* The cover above is from a Russian bundle CD that included UT+FW 1.00.

* Here's the changelog. Now due to the nature of several changes, the mod had to be totally repacked.

+ OldSkool support! The game can be saved and loaded w/o problems now.
- INI file removed as no longer required.
- removed prototype Training and Logo maps, leaving only the final ones.
@ renamed "Vortex2" to "FWTraining" so as not to cause conflicts.
! removed spaces from all map filenames.
! adjusted 1a1b's teleporter to reflect the name change of 1a1b cut to 1a1bcut.
+ added new teleporters in 5a2b just in case the player missed the ones that are there alredy.
! removed the IceSkaarj from 6a1b (they crashed the game for some reason) and replaced them with new, fresh IceSkaarj.
! applied various fixes to 6a1b, 8a1b, 8a2b and 8a3b.
+ added music to 4a1b, 5a2b and 7a1b.
# removed the modified QueenSong file and replaced it with stock Unreal QueenSong. No difference in what the players hear and prevents version mismatches.

* Oh, that's right, I almost forgot. In 3 days, there's gonna be a ninth anniversary of this mod's initial release. That's right, this was released July 17, 2001...
Last edited by Delacroix on 15 Jul 2010, 08:27, edited 1 time in total.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject: Re: [RELEASED] [ut] Final Worlds - beta 1.01

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010, 09:09

Wow, this is a blast from the past!

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010, 20:03

never heard of.. ehm.. screenies?

as for the link: "The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable."
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

User avatar shawnd123
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010, 20:33

the link works for me
Image Image

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010, 20:36

Try not opening it in a new tab or window. That may be the problem. It worked for me.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010, 00:14

What the H*ll is going on. One week, only 1 week am I away and these guys take advantage of the situation to release 3 new map(packs)!

Well, downloaded all 3, played one (the shortest) but this one will have to wait another week since I won't be home for the next 10 days.
I have to admit I have been surprised in a positive way a couple of times these last weeks with old map(packs) being upgraded (read:made playable).

I had never heard or read anything about this pack but I am so curious :shock:

User avatar StalwartUK
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010, 00:25

This sure looks interesting, better check this one out.
StalwartUK

Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010, 03:07

If I am remembering correctly, this came out while I was still working on Xidia (or it might have been just after, can't be sure).

I remember thinking at the time that this was a prime example of what NOT to do in a SP.
Last edited by Mister_Prophet on 15 Jul 2010, 03:39, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar StalwartUK
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010, 03:23

Just completed it. Sure was... interesting. Yeah right.

Many of the levels were either glitchy, boring or just plain bad. I particularly hated the boss fights with the Titans (happens twice) and the Queen at the end. You don't get near enough ammo to kill them and you end up firing off your dispersion pistol at them for ages till they die. Other than that it's mostly the usual noob mistakes such as being able to jump off the edge of the last level and bland, uninspiring architecture. :shake:

The level endings are crap as well. A few levels end in the most inexplicable places. One such ending was in a big room that had several enemies inside. A few others were at what looked like dead ends. One or two levels you can even pretty much skip entirely as the endpoint is only a few steps away from the starting point!

Speaking of glitches, there were plenty of them. One was that when some creatures die (mainly flys and mantas) turn invisible and go off in one direction forever (if you have decals enabled you can see their shadows), you can still hear them and collide with them but other than that they are harmless. Another one was that all carcasses in this for some reason can block players and projectiles. Even if you gib them they still block you. As a result they can block corridors and prevent you from progressing. I had to ghost through one such blockage to continue. :rolleyes:

As for the storyline it's pretty much nonexistent. You can hear this guy in one or two places blurting out various things but the poor quality of the recording and the peculiar accent make him pretty much incomprehensible. The only thing I managed to get was that your name is apparently "Dave". Right... :?

I could recognise content from various other games such as the original Half-Life, Doom and of couse Deus Ex. You gotta love the Hong Kong level though. Blatant ripoff from Deus Ex. Even has the exact same music! :lol:

The weapon models are probably the best thing in this but they probably were taken from somewhere else as well. They just look TOO good compared to the rest of the pack. Even so most of them are pretty useless except for prehaps the shotgun. But even that has its sounds changed in one of the levels for no apparent reason. I laughed out loud when they couldn't even hit the targets in the training level. You will still have to use them though as ammo is quite rare in this.

Note: One of the levels needs "OceanLab2_Music.umx" to work. Unless you happen to have Deus Ex then you will not be able to continue.

I haven't even tried the other parts of the mod out yet, may post more tommorow.

I personally found the readme file more entertaining. Thanks for putting this crappy mod together Delacroix and maxuser6000/myth. Just to imagine that this crap was even sold on a CD... :shock:

Final Score: 0/10. :tdown: What a load of ass this turned out to be!
StalwartUK

Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010, 03:35

Yeah Stalwart, that sounds like the Final Worlds I remember. But on the subject of the guns, I never knew them to be taken from another source. Course it's been a while.

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010, 03:42

Oh God, I couldn't even finish this. I lost interest. I thought it would never end.

EDIT: Yeah, and where were the super kool l33t space soldiers and big-ass plasma rifle blaster things?
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010, 04:39

StalwartUK wrote:Note: One of the levels needs "OceanLab2_Music.umx" to work. Unless you happen to have Deus Ex then you will not be able to continue.

(...)

Just to imagine that this crap was even sold on a CD... :shock:

Wait... what? Someone borrowed assets from another game... for a COMMERCIAL product? And someone released a commercial product this bad?

This WAS a beta though apparently so... maybe that stuff was just placeholders? If not, wow.

User avatar Delacroix

Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010, 08:26

Nah, it's the Russians that sold mods bundled with UT. I can point you several such discs.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

User avatar ElectricIce

Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010, 13:07

Please do. :P

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010, 13:30

Okay this piece-of-turd of a pack fucking sucks or something

I can't believe I've bothered to waste my precious time for this, should have used it to play Return to Heart. Played it for a while, just in that arabic-temple something mission with Krall, Mantas and **cks. There are all glitches, all sort of bad sounds, worst training area ever, ugly looking maps, terrible new weapons.
Terrible everything. I move on.

If this can be reviewed on USP, I guess the review schema shouldn't deny negative points.

Waffnuffly wrote:Wait... what? Someone borrowed assets from another game... for a COMMERCIAL product?

No developers really checks Unreal mods, it seems D:
ImageImage

Next