A random sentence for a random mind.

Void

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Delacroix
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Void

Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010, 15:40

Stardate 12. 01. 2932, the third year of reign of Queen D'Roth XXIV
Incoming transmission from mothership

"This is Mothership Delta-32A. Request status report on analysis of NXA-644. Terlet'hia, do you copy?"
"This is Terlet'hia, captain Kri'het speaking. The research we've conducted so far from the orbit of NXA-644 indicates that the entire surface of the planet is covered with advanced, yet inactive technology. The entire place is pitch-black due to distance from the nearest star. Atmosphere suitable for breathing. Temperatures are low due to distance from the center of the system. We cannot say anything more, our sensors can't seem to scan deeper than the surface itself. It seems that the metallic layer is really thick. We might do some adjustments later on in order to beef them up, over."
"Roger that, Terlet'hia. Are there any plans for sending a team to the surface?"
"Not right now, Delta-32A. We want to make sure that it's safe first. We'll make an attempt to upgrade the sensors just as soon as we're done with this status report, over."
"Acknowledged, Terlet'hia. Keep us posted, over."
"Roger that, Delta-32A. Terlet'hia out."
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Re: Void

Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010, 18:19

Sounds interesting. I can't really comment on much else as I don't yet know what the hell this is! :P

If this is a project, aren't you working on ShamuQuest already?

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010, 19:09

no mysterious letters no aliens in sight
ImageImage

User avatar WhirlWindWabbit
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010, 19:26

We are the Void. Resistance is futile. lol had to :P

Hard to judge from nothing but a small message, so I'll wait for some more info. Although maps on an entirely black planet would be interesting :O Can't wait to see what you'll come up with! :)
"Sir, we're surrounded!"
"Good, we can attack in any direction."

Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010, 20:38

WhirlWindWabbit wrote:Hard to judge from nothing but a small message, so I'll wait for some more info. Although maps on an entirely black planet would be interesting :O Can't wait to see what you'll come up with! :)

Ultimate Ninja experience. Give all brushes, pawns and items black textures and skins. That would be wild! :shock: \o/

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010, 20:45

Legendslayer222 wrote:Ultimate Ninja experience. Give all brushes, pawns and items black textures and skins. That would be wild! :shock: \o/

You can do that by setting level brightness to 0. Same effect actually.

User avatar WhirlWindWabbit
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010, 21:04

Qtit wrote:You can do that by setting level brightness to 0. Same effect actually.

You, sir, are a party pooper. Make the level designer suffer as well :twisted:

Not to be completely OT, I sincerely do hope more info will be posted soon :)
"Sir, we're surrounded!"

"Good, we can attack in any direction."

User avatar Delacroix

Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010, 21:18

Deliver to:

Lord Sh'topor of the Kha'lan Clan
OT352A/Bis "Na Pali"
Rrajigar Mine Security Post

Dear Brother,

We've been hovering over NXA-644 for quite some time now. To you, it would be probably two weeks, or so. So far we have established that there is some kind of electromagnetic field blocking our sensors from scanning more than the surface. This is strange, the entire planet seems artificial, like a machine or something. What's its function, that we do not know. It seems strange to me though... the entire machine seems to be offline, and yet there is this electromagnetic field. We cannot go on the surface yet, the Captain wants to make sure that it's safe.

Whatever this is, I am sure that it is of great value to our Empire. From the data we've already amassed, it has become clear that we're dealing with technology surpassing our own by generations. Should we harness it, our Empire will gain unrivalled power and with the honors that I'll receive as part of the research team, I'll be able to get you off this damn rock you're stationing on.

Tell my son I love him.
May J'Rath keep you safe.
Your loyal brother, Krug'poorth.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

User avatar RoninMastaFX
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010, 21:27

While this project hasn't even gotten off the ground yet, Delacroix, myself and a slew of others are starting to wok on it. Also, this WILL NOT hinder development nor progress of FCBP and ShamuQuest. The release date has not changed for FCBP and ShamuQuest (which is "When it's done!"), same for "Codename: The Void".

Thanks everyone! :)

Doublez-Down

Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010, 21:37

Seems there has been a lot of Queen D'Roths!
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse

Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010, 22:30

Doublez-Down wrote:Seems there has been a lot of Queen D'Roths!

Yes, I noticed that! I think that is 24th! :shock:
Is this written from Skaarj perspective? I don't have a clue what any of it means, but it is a cool way to introduce a project!

But seriously, screenshots now! :P

User avatar Delacroix

Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010, 12:33

Stardate 12. 20. 2932, the third year of reign of Queen D'Roth XXIV

Terlet'hia Chief Science Officer Imir's log:

We've been studying NXA-644 from it's orbit for two months now. So far no modifications to our scanners have been good enough to penetrate the EM field blocking us from scanning the planet's inner layers. The Captain has made some progress in negotiations with some outside party unknown to the research team. Should these negotiations bear fruit, we will soon receive new scanning devices and thus, be able to gather more data on NXA-644.

On a side note, this planet makes me uneasy.
Imir out.

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010, 14:29

pics in. :P
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

User avatar Delacroix

Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010, 15:40

Stardate 4.21.2933, the fourth year of reign of Queen D'Roth XXIV

Terlet'hia Chief Science Officer Imir's log:

Breakthrough! We've been tweaking those damn scanners like crazy in hopes of as much as putting a dent into the impenetrable planet. It seems there were several jamming devices present and boosting the signal allowed us to circumvent the protective measures. The planet definitely is no ball of "rock", from what we've managed to gather it's almost completely metallic and full of the most advanced technology my eyes have ever seen. If we somehow manage to get this operational, the Empire will be able to reshape this universe.

Imir out.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 12 Oct 2010, 14:10

Delacroix wrote: If we somehow manage to get this operational, the Empire will be able to reshape this universe.

Imir out.

Just noticed this topic now due to being euh.. absent. But the last message dates back a while now.
Any operational progress, Skaarjwise or Earthwise?

Next