Scout-kun is a lie... right?

Insomnia Project

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Bombs
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject: Re: Insomnia Project

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2010, 12:01

Qtit wrote:Assassin's Creed has totally different type of combat then Rune. Just like Fable, based on combos. But Fable's is another story as it is not a target based. Anyways, Rune's combat was simple. You just were swinging your blade, it did hit or it did not. And that's the best system that can be made, IMHO.

There are rumors concerning Rune 2 on consoles as exclusive, but I don't believe those...

And, as for the mod, I would like to see armor pickups, a bit of RPG style XD But that's me only.

If Rune 2 came to consoles i would go nuts, i dont like consoles :x

Well Qtit, we want to implement armoring on it, but we don't have a modeler that know how to animate it, he just model and skin it, if you know anyone who could help us animating, please let me know! And yes it will have some Rpg elements (which is already done), you will have a inventory, to equip things or eat, there will be major and minor quests, mounting system, dialogue boxes, wall jumping, and a lot of new stuff that is about to come..
If we don't end wars, wars will end us. - H.G Wells

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2010, 17:10

Bombs wrote:Well Qtit, we want to implement armoring on it, but we don't have a modeler that know how to animate it, he just model and skin it, if you know anyone who could help us animating, please let me know! And yes it will have some Rpg elements (which is already done), you will have a inventory, to equip things or eat, there will be major and minor quests, mounting system, dialogue boxes, wall jumping, and a lot of new stuff that is about to come..

As Rune uses skeletal animations no animating is required, only rigging. You need to get the skeletal mesh out of Rune, prepare models, rig it, then in import it in Rune, and as a player finds an armor, it should spawn an actor which would have armor's model and player's animation set. I did that in UT, not that hard XD

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2010, 21:39

I would like to see some of those Rune maps be converted to Unreal to be honest...
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

Previous