UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

[RELEASED] [UT] SP-Gothic Resurrection Final

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar integration
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: [RELEASED] [UT] SP-Gothic Resurrection Final

Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010, 08:22

Mman wrote:The only real issue I had is the Skaarj with the ASMD in the church interior
I don't consider the fight as unfair. You can collect an armour, before you fight him. The best way to deal him on higher difficulties, is to shoot him and run back through the dour. Then you can easily kill him with the Automag. The TazerProjectiles are too big to pass the door. IMHO the map fits the normal difficulty settings and is consistent in difficulty (OK, hard to say because the map isn't that long).

Offtopic:
salsaSkaarj wrote:I'ld say that those who can finish Unreality on Easy are extremely skilled players.
Believe me, I am not skilled. When I play coop, I really suck. Unreality on easy shouldn't be any obstacle: there are less enemies (especially the ambushes) and these f***ing skunk/squirrel snipers have low accuracy and don't do headshots. There is enough health to compensate the physical superior enemies. But perhaps people are too lazy to go back and use this health. Last time I played it on medium, I died the first time in the last level (without saving). BTW I bind my MiddleMouse to 'slomo 2.5 | OnRelease Slomo 1.0' - a real time saver. I think many players are so used to utilize the gameplay bugs (Skaarjs do their claw/spin attacks on Unreal difficulty as fast as on easy difficulty), that they reject the different gameplay, Unreality offers.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010, 08:24

No because bots in Single Player are terrible, no matter if you're good or not. Don't bother with Unreality in any way, it's not supposed to be played on ANY difficulty!

This is coming from someone who can beat Unreality on Unreal difficulty with some effort and patience
ImageImage

User avatar integration

Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010, 08:32

The bots in Unreality didn't bother me, but the bots in Seven Bullets did.

edit: Damn, I have to use a smaller picture. My posts appear so empty, when I only write one line.

edit2: Sorry Doublez-Down, I shouldn't have mentioned another campaign in your thread. I have to learn this.

Doublez-Down
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010, 13:23

integration wrote: Sorry Doublez-Down, I shouldn't have mentioned another campaign in your thread. I have to learn this.

No problem, it's still helpful to hear about what not to do or do better, etc.
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010, 20:35

integration wrote:...
edit2: Sorry Doublez-Down, I shouldn't have mentioned another campaign in your thread. I have to learn this.

A moderator could split and merge the rogue posts into the Unreality topic (which makes sense).

edited: brain malfuntion - I wrote Zephon topic, changed it to Unreality topic as it should have been.

User avatar Nalisavior
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010, 18:47

Its great to see another map completed. I just played through it. It was pretty decent I liked the brute ambush and i didn't run into any bugs good job. :tup:

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010, 13:01

Wanted to give this a try for a few mins on my new installed UT... bad luck: I need ONP.. :(
Could this pack be supplied with just the necessary files perhaps...? (prolly not)
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

Doublez-Down

Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010, 13:15

You don't need ONP, just oldskool. There is a link to it in the readme. All other necessary files are included.
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse

User avatar gp
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010, 13:55

Actually, two files are needed from ONP: ONPFootsteps.uax and NPGlowthing.utx, which aren't supplied with the download. :)

Doublez-Down

Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010, 18:01

gp wrote:Actually, two files are needed from ONP: ONPFootsteps.uax and NPGlowthing.utx, which aren't supplied with the download. :)

Interesting, didn't realize that and thanks for pointing it out. Strange that I can't think of anything that would use those files. The utx file is probably from not doing a texturecull, as I can't recall using it in the map. The footsteps file is probably because I use the DavidM ground texture at the end, and I believe that uax is associated with it. I'm at work right now, but I can put a link to those files as soon as I get home.

Doublez-Down

Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010, 22:13

diamond

Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010, 08:34

I really-really-really enjoyed this one. Looking forward to its continuation.
It feels really consistent and solid. Visuals are great, gameplay is good too - I have managed to finish it on Unreal difficulty.

It was just great! :tup:
UBerserker wrote:Architecture doesn't need to detailed, it just needs to be right.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010, 11:57

Played the Gothic Resurrection final yesterday and (as I had expected) difficulty is perfect on Hard. I also played on Unreal but it didn't seem more difficult, perhaps because I know what to expect and how to deal with it, not that it's a walkover (far from it).

Is there a change in difficulty between Hard and Unreal? And if yes what are the differences?

Doublez-Down

Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010, 23:41

Just some subtle differences really, nothing major.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010, 22:56

Doublez-Down wrote:Just some subtle differences really, nothing major.

Pity, I was just getting into the flow of things (also known as groove :wink: ) and really wanted to kick some bad ass. Maybe it's time for a speedrun of Unreality on Unreal :shake:

Previous Next