Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

[u1] Unreal PSX

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Delacroix
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: [u1] Unreal PSX

Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010, 18:22

For now, only two people are left to answer. Jeff Rubin is contacted and we wait for input from him, only Jakub is left. If anything will be missing after those two either provide their content (or, after they say they don't have anything no more), then this will be made from scratch, of course.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

User avatar editor Dave
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010, 21:30

I just downloaded the pack and I wanted to express my great respect for your team! This a huge project, even if you have all the material. Good luck on "patching" this version of Unreal ;)

Is it allowed to use the textures in another project or are these only reserved for this one? I, for example, really like the new textures from the Crypt-package and I could make use of them in my campaign...
Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010, 22:05

I'm also surprised at how much content is in the provided download link. Like, last time I googled PSX unreal my takings were only about 10 mb max :P
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Delacroix

Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010, 22:25

Davey, you are free to use it, but please remember that these are the low-res versions! The remake will feature the regular resolution textures so it's best to use them internally only for now and publish your content when the texture package is ready.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

User avatar editor Dave
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010, 09:44

Cool, thanks!
But can you say, how long it will take to make this texture pack in high resolution? Will you also fix "c2_grate2" which can't be masked?
Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565

User avatar Delacroix

Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010, 11:41

I do not know how to fix the texture - perhaps Zacman will. I also do not know how long it will take to make the textures SD (standard definition). It's all to be determined.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010, 15:16

I could probably fix the texture...I've made masked textures before...I know how they have to be in order to work...
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Delacroix

Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010, 16:16

You are free to do so, but please supply it to me also :)

User avatar Delacroix

Post Posted: 14 Dec 2010, 01:23

Current assignments have been revealed in the bottom post on page 1.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010, 12:22

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm a bit confused.

I know Leo has gone through the trouble of tracking these resources down after months (longer?) of work, trying to contact people who were involved and seeing what content could be salvaged, or if any of it was even legally obtainable. To be able to resurrect PSX Unreal, even legally, would be quite interesting. But I guess I'm not understanding the situation clearly. So Leo shared the files with you and now you're both attempting to complete PSX Unreal, but using the content for two separate packs that are essentially the same endeavor? Or am I simply misreading something and you're just posting it here on Leo's behalf?

Now that I brought it up, are there any legal issues with this? Just curious. It seems like a long shot either way, but I remember hearing eVOLVE talk about this thing for years and I've always wondered about it. Hope you guys worked all that out since I'd hate to see something like this get shut down before it even started :)

User avatar zacman

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010, 13:20

Leo is working on what is nothing more than fixing the salvaged content, true to the original. Delacroix, on the other hand, has his own vision for the story, bosses, etc. Leo's version will be more or less like Zora's Unreal Beta conversion but with extra maps where shit is missing. Delacroix's version will have a more polished story.
Delacroix wrote:Now, as some of you might know, I have my own vision of the remake, that would utilize RTNP's inventory items also and have a slightly different storyline
ImageImage

Code: Select all

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

Code: Select all

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

Leo(T.C.K.)
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010, 13:25

That is right, I didn't know about this thread even existing until today. Also thanks sana for unbanning me I appreciate it.

I have found out delacroix asked for recruitment elsewhere a while ago and in the end I have allowed him to work on a side project after my own remake is finished. But also we agreed that he would let me know what people were hired and what progress was made. He broke the agreement again I am afraid. I want to know if zacman has done any work, becasue I wanted to get E1L1 done myself and I did part of it but I have put UPSX remake a bit on delay because I am waiting on peoples input and to supply me with more files and I am being patient unlike someone else.

I am very ill person, I suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome and severe case of raynaud's syndrome, so I can't really work on something for too much long, in fact the 20 brush contest was really tough for me this week.

I am sorry for any troubles I caused in past in here as well, but they were also reflection of my own condition back then and other circumstances, which are quite complicated on itself.

I want to also say that all the textures were already converted by diehard except for crypt2, but I am trying to recover the original package as well!

Also zacman, that's not true, I am changing few things as well but I am staying close to the original spirit and I won't use rtnp weapons and I won't change Iris to antagonist.

I also started working on a true Jrath boss as well, only have not finished it.

Also JRath is a skaarj god, Nali know about him and fear him, but he is not of a Skaarj race, but an ancient being and the Skaarj have found him there, crashed millenia ago. His ship doesn't have to look Skarjish, no it must not in fact. He apparently possesed Skaarj in past hence his appareance at the Morose.

The whole problem is that Delacroix has kept things secret from me and he has not been following to our agreements.

He broke it twice before this, first by leaking some content out without me knowing and lying about it and then because of what he posted about recruitment and his plans for another version which I didn't agree with at first...

Leo(T.C.K.)
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010, 15:00

Apparently zacman has done some work on it already even though I made E1L1, even though I have made it months before that, the A part. Thanks for trashing my own work as well and lying to others about it and not submitting me with files. You are a great friend really.

Hence, I am putting an official stop into this, this is put on hold until further notice, that means even your version and I will think about allowing you get close or report stuff to you next time.

EDIT: this gets interetsing, qtit also worked on it...

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010, 16:28

Leo's obviously upset here. Please could anybody wanting counter what he's saying do so without flaming?
Life is what you make of it.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010, 17:11

Hellscrag wrote:Leo's obviously upset here. Please could anybody wanting counter what he's saying do so without flaming?

I was surprised that Delacroix was doing tons of stuff without asking to Leo first. And I would be upset too if the same thing would have happened to me.
I'd lock this thread since the real project started at BU.
ImageImage

Previous Next