Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

[RELEASED] V1SoundsUT for Oldskool Amp'd

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: [RELEASED] V1SoundsUT for Oldskool Amp'd

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 01:11

Developer: Lord Waffnuffly "War Bonnet" Letz

Details: This mod, initially made by Shambler for Unreal 1, restores the original Unreal sound effects to weapons, items, explosions, etc. Unlike the last time I re-released this for UT with Shambler's permission, this one actually works with Oldskool. There are no known bugs*, but if you find any, please let me know ASAP. I haven't thoroughly tested this online, but it should work fine... in theory.

Latest News: Released!

Notes: Because replacing sounds was way more of a pain in the ass than it should have been, this mod operates by replacing Oldskool weapons with its own rather than modifying stock Unreal weapons. The reason for this is Oldskool itself - Oldskool replaces Unreal weapons right away with its own TournamentWeapon versions using its mutator system, and this behavior cannot be disabled. This means that the original V1SoundsMOD by Shambler won't work properly under Oldskool, which is why I made this new version from scratch.

Also note that this version WILL ONLY WORK WITH OLDSKOOL - not Unreal 1, not UT without Oldskool. There was no other way to make this mod support Oldskool-based map packs. If you want the original sounds in Unreal, just use the version made for Unreal 1 since that one is perfectly fine. If you can't find it, post or email me.

* The first Brute rocket explosion or SpriteBallExplosion that occurs in any level will use the new sound before the old ones kick in. This is due to the way classes are instantiated in the engine, and there were few ways I could have prevented this and they would have caused other issues of their own. It's the only flaw I know of in terms of the mod's performance.

Requirements: UT436 and Oldskool Amp'd

Downloads: (1.9MB)
http://www.filefront.com/17673050/V1SoundsUT.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/?kekaf3n8upn8zyc
Last edited by Buff Skeleton on 20 Dec 2010, 15:15, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject: Re: [RELEASED] V1SoundsUT for Oldskool Amp'd

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 01:17

I'm there! Cheers Waff. :tup:
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 01:19

Also, I built this mod so it would be compatible with TLF, so any Oldskool weapons placed directly into maps with a custom PickupAmmoCount will have those values transferred over to V1UT's version of said weapon. I don't think Oldskool itself does this, but mine does! So it works with any map that uses custom pickup ammo amounts for OLDSKOOL weapons (not Unreal weapons, obviously, since Oldskool automatically swaps those). It also will replace sounds for custom subclasses of Unreal projectiles, such as the TLF Brute rockets.

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 03:00

gracias! I'll try this (after downloading it some time soon) as soon as I can.... :tup: :tup:
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 06:24

Tried it: Awesome.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar Tarydax
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 06:26

Sweet, I was hoping something like this would come out eventually! \o/