Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

RTNP2UT with UT weapons and models (+bonus map)

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Dark P@in
Pupae Pupae

Subject: RTNP2UT with UT weapons and models (+bonus map)

Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 01:10

Progress : Beta

You know there's a mod that allows you to play RTNP on UT, but on my mind, he's just useless, play Unreal Gold is exactly the same thing. :rolleyes:
Why I'm saying that ? Because to play it, you have to change your console into the UPak console and to play with a UPak model.
But I've found a solution : replace the UpakTeleporter at the end of the map by a simple teleporter.

Some screenshots :

Yeah, this is the bonus map :

To play, just enable oldskool, go to "new single player game", then custom map packs and you choose Duskfalls to begin the game.
Anncient (The bonus map) wasn't made by me, but by Ageukkeli (I just added a few things to the map). You'll have to find a secret way to go to this map (but if you want to test, just type open anncient in the console).

Good :
+Can play with any models/skin of UT or Unreal
+Allow UT weapons & SP mutators
+Coop game works perfectly

Bad (for now, I try to fix these problems) :
-You can't play the intro and end maps
-You don't have any entry log

What do you need :
-oldskool
-RTNP2UT ( link : http://www.oldunreal.com/tools/utsingle ... TNP2UT.zip )

At this moment I'm searching how to allow entry logs, the intro and the end.

Downloads links :
Maps (EDIT : fixed a door problem in Eldora and in escape from Na Pali) : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QSRW3BGX
Only The bonus map (Anncient) : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OUHE6GL5

(If you can't understand me, remember I'm French !)

seeker3
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject: Re: RTNP2UT with UT weapons and models (+bonus map)

Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011, 21:41

Any luck with the logs and the intro and exit maps?

User avatar Dark P@in
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011, 16:47

The UPak file is specific to Unreal Gold, if I want to do an intro, I'd have to set it like (for example) the operation na pali intro, that'snot very difficult, but it's a bit long. For the entry log, it's another problem, I don't know how to go to the next map by hitting fire after the entry log. I'm working on but if someone know how to do, tell me plz :)

(If you can't understand me, remember I'm French !)

User avatar zacman
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011, 16:59

Dark P@in wrote:The UPak file is specific to Unreal Gold, if I want to do an intro, I'd have to set it like (for example) the operation na pali intro, that'snot very difficult, but it's a bit long. For the entry log, it's another problem, I don't know how to go to the next map by hitting fire after the entry log. I'm working on but if someone know how to do, tell me plz :)

You could do 2 Interpolation paths, one for the player, and the other one, attach a trigger to it, and have the trigger as shoot, and keep it floating in front of the player.
ImageImage

Code: Select all

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

Code: Select all

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011, 08:49

wow...great...
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011, 23:11

Tried that bonus map but this seems more of a coop or MH map.

[spoiler]Went inside the building, killed everything all the way up and managed to open a pathway outside - killed the Titans (DPing, DPing, DPing, etc...), found a nest of Brutes, eradicated them and realised they reproduce quicker than you can kill them. So, basically I've got a DP, a couple of empty weapons and a seemingly constant number of Brutes (6 at a time IIRC) which, luckily, can't follow me to the Titan area. I'm fairly certain the Brute area has the key to the next section (probably fenced off by the pillars) but life's dangerous and death nearby (which cannot be said about ammo) so I've kind of lost interest (actually damn tired of DPing and retreating and repeating that procedure).[/spoiler]

This bonus map certainly isn't U1 or RTNP style. I even doubt UBerserker would like these kind of battles (but he is free to contradict me).

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011, 22:36

Oh no UB ain't gonna like this one.

[spoiler]So I was right, eventually the Brutes stop respawning and the pillars are removed, leaving the way up available. And some KrallKing (reminds me a bit of Vigil) awaits you there, with 4 or 5 enhanced Tentacles which, luckily don't react immediately. Anyway, that KrallKing is strong. Then loose some health getting to an almost invisible button which open a door where you find... another button, guarded by an oversized Pupa. Luckily ammo and health are plentiful by now (the Pupa is easy BTW).
And then .... mayhem ... and my termination (luckily I saved after the KrallKing[/spoiler]

So I don't know whether I'll continue this, to me it's too MH like but then unfairer and without the Unreal sensation.

User avatar Delacroix
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014, 15:19

Does anyone still have this "Anncient" map? Thanks in advance.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.