Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

[u1] Unreallity: Wrath of the Skaarj

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Bleeder91<NL>
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject: Re: [u1] Unreallity: Wrath of the Skaarj

Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012, 22:55

I'll see what looks best, the numbers change color too when ammo is low so gotta watch out for that.

diamond
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012, 09:54

sana wrote:Great effect! However, the visual part of the weaponry (like that ammo display) is killing me. Bright green and blue don't really look nice at all. Same goes for that yellow shieldbelt overlay thing from the first video. D:

Look at the rest of the screenshots from this project - it has gaudy colors on monsters as well. That's its style in general, you can't blame only weapon effects. I admit that so many colorful overlays is not for me, neither.
UBerserker wrote:Architecture doesn't need to detailed, it just needs to be right.

Bleeder91<NL>

Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012, 19:36

So I just figured out that ScriptedTextures' DrawColoredText() depends on the texture's palette. So I could change the weapons HUD to something like this:

Slightly visible dark blue background with red/yellow/green text

Also improved the weapon's motion when you turn, now enemies can "slow" you so that it takes longer before your shots get aligned to the target. :P
Zooming is not instant now. Gun's kickback is also dynamic and decreases the more you zoom in. Sniper Rifle can zoom when you scroll up/down and the scope pops up when you zoom. :D

Oh, and a 5 minute vid (slightly outdated) showing some weapon action in the first post.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012, 18:53

Say, I am really interested by your weapon movement/bobbing system for first person weapon models. Would you be against making it publically available for other projects separate from your other Unreallity-specific scripts? That would be quite appreciated!
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

Bleeder91<NL>

Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012, 16:36

Hm well at least something from it would be of use to anyone..
http://pastebin.com/zky8hd26

Bleeder91<NL>

Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013, 01:06

Updates! It may not sound like much, but these 2 new weapons are kickass!

The Guided Rocket Launcher and Time Dilation Gun. Both very unique weapon capable of either taking out small groups of enemies or supporting your friendlies.
The GRL shoots a rocket that initially is unarmed and bounces around. When armed, it either goes after your targeted enemy or flies in a straight line ahead.
The TDL's primary fire drags an enemy into the air, where you can either choose to toss him out of combat range, or smack em against any wall to take him out. The alt fire either produces a slowing field that slows everything inside (helpful against enemies), or a speed boost field that speeds everything within its radius (handy for friendlies, as their weapons will fire faster). The downside is that the field affects both friendlies and enemies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arO6Mz0Tr8g

Also, I'm going to look through the first Campaign again, fix things, add things, and release things when it's done.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013, 09:45

Will the TDL look like this?
You should change the model.
BTW they are amazing as always.
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013, 11:59

Please, oh please drop that pink / purple fog thingy. The rest is awesome.

Bleeder91<NL>

Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013, 12:24

I was thinking about remodeling every single unreal weapon there is. If anyone cares to help with that, would be nice :P

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013, 13:21

Will you keep that weapon shake thingy?
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013, 11:03

As it comes to weapons, I can help, but on the end of March / beginning of April as right now I'm short on time and trying to finish things for others.

Bleeder91<NL>

Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013, 11:21

Some technical changes:
- Chat lines (or any other line) no longer disappear. For example, the blue messages that appear in the center of the screen don't disappear once a new line is added to the console.
- All messages are shown dynamic now. They fade in and out, and slide up once a message is faded out.
- Critical Event messages are shown after eachother (5 second delay between messages).
- Readded the !command lines for chat convenience (example: "say !Info" will show info and available commands).
- Translator messages now appear on the top.

Demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TehOxWYaRg

Also, I'm almost done reworking the first map. I will update the site aswell and will post some screenshots over there once it's done.
Just as a reminder, the test server is online often now from anywhere between 09:00-21:00 GMT+1 so drop by any time :D
(Plus the occasional broadcast on http://www.twitch.tv/bleeder91)

Bleeder91<NL>

Post Posted: 25 Dec 2013, 16:02

Mod update: Twin Vipers
These mini SMGs are perfect for stunlocking enemies. Just need (someone) to skin me these Vipers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4byDHAcsXHM
Yes, Unreallity is still alive!
As for map progress, I'm a little down on inspiration lately, but I will work on it later once I've thought some things out.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 25 Dec 2013, 23:43

God bless Bleeder. I hope you'll have your server running sometime. Miss the old days ya know.

Bleeder91<NL>

Post Posted: 26 Dec 2013, 00:00

It's on fairly often, vacation time awyiss. After that it'll only be on in the evenings (for me) until I've found a way to host 24/7. I can already have it up all day but it's on an old machine that can't handle the high rate of fire weapons and pawn masses I'm aiming for.

Previous Next