UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

[u1] Unreallity: Wrath of the Skaarj

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Gameite2260
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject: Re: [u1] Unreallity: Wrath of the Skaarj

Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014, 22:13

Man, this looks awesome.
Gameite; "Shit sounds like a fable to me", till he jumps out the fuckin toilet when you're takin a pee.

Bleeder91<NL>
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015, 20:57

Bump because I can. Being away for a while does not mean I'm not doing anything.
I'm still not sure whether I should go with full third person or both 1st and 3rd... Oh well, besides that, what's with the glowy hand?
Oh, just a Mana indicator. Instead of your cliche health/mana bars your screen starts glowing red and your hand glows blue.
Map pack: still figuring out a proper storyline. It seems my website's down so I've gotta look up my old files again.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 03 Jan 2015, 10:04

It would be awesome to see this in action. :D
-Waiting for Unreality server to be up.
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 03 Jan 2015, 17:25

That's really cool!

Bleeder91<NL>

Post Posted: 03 Jan 2015, 19:43

makemeunreal wrote:Waiting for Unreality server to be up.

Bad news: I recently got a new modem that is just horrible to portforward.. I'm looking for a way but for now I can't get the server up :(

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015, 00:27

Bleeder91<NL> wrote:Bump because I can. Being away for a while does not mean I'm not doing anything.
I'm still not sure whether I should go with full third person or both 1st and 3rd... Oh well, besides that, what's with the glowy hand?
Oh, just a Mana indicator. Instead of your cliche health/mana bars your screen starts glowing red and your hand glows blue.
Map pack: still figuring out a proper storyline. It seems my website's down so I've gotta look up my old files again.

It's always nice to hear about a new SP project making progress! Good luck with it all...
and take your time with the storyline! It's such an important part of the overall experience and yet it is often underestimated.
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

Bleeder91<NL>

Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015, 14:29

Some WIP videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ppz0qJqXJc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjVKcTC2muQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBplabaCNok

Though I'm really unsure where to go from this... Because the first person versions are awesome as well X.x
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4byDHAcsXHM

User avatar jaypeezy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015, 00:21

As always, the stuff you post continues to amaze and remind us all what's possible with such an old engine. \o/

Those shoulder-based turrets are just about the coolest freaking thing I've seen in *any* Unreal/UT modification in a while.

As I've thought before and still think now, the first person should be kept and third person can be selected as a preference.

Man, I sure did miss playtesting this/the zombie gametype/other stuff. Maybe I need to start revisiting some old haunts...

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015, 13:47

I'd say you should stick with third person, as it's the more exciting and interesting option, and showcases what is possible in Unreal beyond the default shooter mechanics. Mechanics like knockback etc. are also fairly annoying in first-person perspective, and fit an action-adventure style camera more.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015, 22:45

Bleeder91<NL> wrote:I'm still not sure whether I should go with full third person or both 1st and 3rd...

If 1st person isn't much extra work and doesn't cause problems ... do both (I'm not quite a fan of the third person perspective in Unreal).

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015, 11:43

Awesome stuff, Bleeder91<NL>! Like jaypeezy, I dig those shoulder-based turrets... and the rest as well 8)

I'd say ividyon has a point: third-person perspective can showcase stuff beyond the classical shooter mechanics. Given how some people would still rather play in first-person perspective, I'd say keep both modes open to the player's choice.
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar jaypeezy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015, 04:22

Bleeder: the videos showcasing the new features, are those only multiplayer or will they be available for single player as well?

Bleeder91<NL>

Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015, 00:52

Everything will eventually by available for download. Whatever I was/will be running on the server is just for testing purposes (replication issues etc).

Previous