Scout-kun is a lie... right?

Would you use free hosting for your projects

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Would you build a web site if you had free hosting

Poll ended at 27 Jan 2008, 15:10

yes I would
55%
no I would not
27%
not sure
18%

Total votes: 11

User avatar Lone Wolf
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject: Would you use free hosting for your projects

Post Posted: 13 Jan 2008, 15:10

If you had access to free web hosting would you spend the time to build a website for your UnReal project?
My little corner of the net
www.lone-wolfs-den.com Stop by the farm and see what we are up to.
www.the-farm.lone-wolfs-den.com

User avatar GenMoKai
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Jan 2008, 20:16

Well it depent also how big the project is ;) If its a small scale one... i maybe only take a blog or something :) If its very big one ;) well it then must look a bit advanced then a simple blog :)

User avatar Lone Wolf
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Jan 2008, 23:55

GenMoKai wrote:Well it depent also how big the project is ;) If its a small scale one... i maybe only take a blog or something :) If its very big one ;) well it then must look a bit advanced then a simple blog :)

Well that makes since. I posted this poll because I have been thinking about offering web space for people who are building SP maps for Unreal. And I like to know how many people would make use of it. I have the lunarpages plan that I was talking about in a different post. And there is no way that I am going to use all of what they are offering. My wife’s website http://www.cynthiaqueen.com is now a add on domain to www.lone-wolfs-den.com. She has her own e-mail and her own FTP account for that site. This poll will run for 2 weeks. After that we will see what happens.

LW
My little corner of the net

www.lone-wolfs-den.com Stop by the farm and see what we are up to.

www.the-farm.lone-wolfs-den.com

User avatar Diehard
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject:

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2008, 03:01

The new site www.unrealtexture.com will go host 3d party projects for Unreal and UT if they gonna add full S3TC support to it. Once the bigger part of the site is completed i will start that hostingplan.

People are allowed and expected to do their own building on their part of the site. The thing i have not worked out yet, is if the design needs to match the other parts of the site or not. If it matches the site its more overviewable, on the other side it leaves the freedom to create new cool designs. Bit in limbo how to handle that.

Hosting will be free of charge of course, but only serious projects will be accepted. And there is a cool part if your project is accepted. Since the S3TC textures will be supported, this also means that textures can released in endless quallity and not just oné size fits all :) And yes all packages will have netsupport for both Unreal and UT.

But since i am overworked already, i do expect that people joining the program, create their own pages alright.

PS, the site is down at the moment, due to massive maintenance. I am reuploading the entire site from scratch, al 65 gigabyte, which will consume a few days of uploading.
DìèHárd»§ÇW§